KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

The Fighting Alloy Team Pack has been updated with an alternate all-in-one version, which utilizes costume hijacking to condense all four Alloys into a single slot on the CSS.

I'll repost the initial links, so you don't have to scroll through for them. ;)
BrawlVault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217000
Dropbox (if KC-MM goes down): https://www.dropbox.com/s/unc5e85vcccxqb2/Fighting%20Alloy%20Team%20Release.zip?dl=0
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

It's that time again. Time for another update, but this time, it's not about any of my projects, but rather my Youtube.

If any of you were wondering why my content has suddenly gone private, it's because I have decided to private my videos in protest of COPPA. For those out of the loop, COPPA was a law passed by the FTC back in (I think) 1998, with the law getting renewed every 10 years. It was expected to get renewed on 2023, but were pressured by child advocacy groups to renew it earlier.

COPPA's guidelines force content creators are to mark their videos based on whether or not their content is targeted towards children. And if they mark something incorrectly, they can be fined $42,000 per incorrectly marked video. Even one of these fines are enough to bankrupt most people. The guidelines regarding what's considered child-targeted content are very vague and don't allow for nuance (Example: Animations intended for adults).

If you're in the United States, I strongly recommend submitting a (civil) comment to the FTC regarding COPPA's strict and vague guidelines. https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=FTC-2019-0054-0001
The deadline to submit feedback is December 10th with the regulations coming into effect in January 2020.

If you decide to keep your content on Youtube, please do so with extreme caution, lest you be heavily fined.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

For those who are out of the loop, I've been teasing a side project with vague hints on my Twitter. It's time that I finally reveal what this side project is. Here's what I have to show...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Here's a preview video of my Mega Evolving Charizard. It's on my Drive, as I'm still protesting Youtube.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrSG_g0h5jUA8mzOBoxUTn-rexsTqlmF/view
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Oh, I'm so glad you're revamping Solo Charizard! I've always loved that mod!
I'm probably not going to be here very often. If you want to chat, send me a message at SMWCentral.
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=20977

The transformation won't force players to use a Gamecube controller, right?
Because remember not everyone owns one.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

No, it won't. The Mega Evolution activator just requires you to press the A button anytime during Flamethrower's startup animation if you meet the Mega Evolution requirements.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 22, 2019, 01:43:52 AM
No, it won't. The Mega Evolution activator just requires you to press the A button anytime during Flamethrower's startup animation if you meet the Mega Evolution requirements.

Flamethrower is possible now?
It was commonly forced to be removed or replaced in the past with a different move.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

That's because previous limitations forced me to model port Charizard over onto Link for the old version. However, recent advancements let me return this project back to its roots as an actual Charizard replacement.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

With some further understandings regarding COPPA, I feel confident with making my videos public again, but if something happens, I'll make my videos private again.

From this choice I've made, I have decided to upload my previous Mega Evolving Charizard preview video to my Youtube. https://youtu.be/v4sFkwYVoMg
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I have some rather unfortunate news for those looking forward to my Mega Evolving Charizard side project. Said project has to be canceled due to file size limitations. I'm sorry to have teased this project without further testing things...
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Was it THAT over filesize?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Yes, the file I have right now is about 613 KB, while the current limit is about 597 KB. I was able to increase the limit to 700 KB, but that ended up breaking Subspace, which is why I had to cancel the project.

However, I may consider lowering the scope of the project to just allow Charizard to Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard X only, but that's for another time.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuffYes, the file I have right now is about 613 KB, while the current limit is about 597 KB. I was able to increase the limit to 700 KB, but that ended up breaking Subspace, which is why I had to cancel the project.

Then make 2 versions of the mod, a stripped down version that will work with both Subspace and regular matches and a full version that will only work with regular matches.
I'm probably not going to be here very often. If you want to chat, send me a message at SMWCentral.
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=20977

I'm not going to do that. If anything, I'd split the two Megas into their own options (IE: v1 will use Mega X while v2 would use Mega Y).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]