KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Like with the Red Alloy's reveal masterpost, I have another masterpost for a related Fighter...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


September 18, 2017, 10:15:12 PM #6677 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:43:11 PM by KingJigglypuff
Whoops. An entire month went by without me updating anything. Let me fix that...

I've been meaning to make a masterpost about the third member of the Fighting Alloy Team, but a limitation held me back. I wanted to wait until I got that limitation out of the way, but before you knew it, a month went by, so I'll just make the post anyway, and update if I get past the limitation.

So without further adieu, I present to you this next challenger.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Don't think this is the end of this update, as I have an additional thing in store, which isn't Alloy-related. Over the past month of so, I've been working on my update to my overhaul to BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley. While I won't go into specifics, I do have two things I want to show.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There's one final thing I'd like to say before I end this post: Neither the Fighting Alloy Team nor my overhaul to Classic Ridley are my group's main project, but I'll be keeping it a secret of whom they are until they're ready for a reveal.

Ending on that note, you are now at the end of this post. Thanks for taking the time to read this massive post. :)
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I'm glad there are still some very talented people carrying Brawl Hacking on. Great job on these, I'm definitely going to add them to my game.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Gonna give a bump to this thread to show everyone my further improvements to Ridley's (+Meta) recolors. A general suggestion was to use Gradient Maps, rather than Color Maps, since the former keeps the texture's lighting, while the latter doesn't. You can see the fruits of my labor in the below spoilers.

Ridley
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Meta Ridley
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Now here's something you don't see every day from me: A stage edit. These stage edits involve some personal edits to Xerom's Mario Bros.: X stage.

Features:
Quote-Stage ported over Jungle Japes. Includes a module to use over Mario Bros.
-Water can now be swam in, in addition to stretching the stage downward to prevent swimming exploits.
-Replaced the POW block with the one from SMFan's "Mario Bros. proper" submission (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209960), in addition to making it a background object, rather than a platform.
-Stretched the stage itself outward slightly, so the platforms hover over the stage, rather than hovering offstage.
-Replaced the Warp Pipe with the one from Mario's Entry file.
-Replaced the brick and pipe textures with the vanilla textures.
-Applied Fighter shadows to the platforms and floor.
-Darkened the overall stage lighting, alongside giving it a subtle blue hue.
-Removed unused models and textures, in addition to modifying redundant materials.
-Stage Selection Icon included.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214854

1080p HD previews.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Albafika on October 03, 2017, 01:11:24 AMHuh, surprised you're still PSA'ing Brawl!
And there's no signs of me stopping anytime soon. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

a new stage? thats something we dont see everyday

Any chance for you to make new PSA's using the Soundbank Expansion?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

There are a lot of very complex and interesting hacks on the vault.

Question: Are any of you here coders? Just curious.

October 20, 2017, 12:29:30 PM #6685 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:32:38 PM by KingJigglypuff
Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on October 20, 2017, 03:06:22 AMAny chance for you to make new PSA's using the Soundbank Expansion?
The update to my overhaul of BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley will be the start of my PSAs using both Effect.pac and Soundbank Expansion from this point on. The Alloys won't be using a Soundbank Expansion though, since they're using SFX from existing Fighters.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on October 20, 2017, 12:29:30 PM
The update to my overhaul of BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley will be the start of my PSAs using both Effect.pac and Soundbank Expansion from this point on. The Alloys won't be using a Soundbank Expansion though, since they're using SFX from existing Fighters.

That's good to read.
And yeah, Alloys don't really need another soundbank as they're clones of actual fighters.
I also hope your best PSA's also get updated with those two expansions.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Going to give a minor bump to let you all know I'm still working on stuff. I've also added my update to my overhaul of Classic Ridley under the "Current Projects" label. Unfortunately, progress for the poll winner hasn't been made recently.

For those looking forward to my Alloy project, I've decided to port Kirby's model over onto Jigglypuff's moveset for the Green Alloy, as Kirby lacks a BrawlEx module, due to complications regarding his Copy Ability Articles. There's a few minor issues I still need to fix, but otherwise, it's an almost perfect port. I just need to port and edit Jigglypuff's Special animations to fit over Kirby's skeleton + Idle.
The current issues I'm facing at the moment are as followed:
Quote-Jigglypuff has less shadow bones than Kirby. This can be fixed, but requires tedious hex editing.
-When using Rollout, Kirby's model does not spin (Jigglypuff's model still spins though). I'm assuming this is something controlled in the module, as I haven't found anything relevant in PSA, so I'm going to have to ask around for this one.
Though despite this, I've managed to experiment with some ideas I've had for the Green Alloy's Specials. While I wanted to wait to show previews, it's going to be a while until the Green Alloy itself is in a preview-able state, so I'll just show my rough drafts in the meantime.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
This is all I have to show for today. I'm hoping to show off more things in the near future.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Two weeks without an update? I better fix that. I've been keeping this under wraps for a while (since I didn't want to reveal a release date, but then suddenly have to make a delay), but I'm hoping to release my update to my overhaul of Classic Ridley early December, but in the meantime, since BaganSmashBros is giving me permission to show these (since these are brand new animations he's made that haven't been shown until recently), have a teaser treat of what's to come with this overhaul update.

New Back Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

New Up Throw:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Ooooh those definitely look fantastic, up throw especially, haha.
Looking forward to seeing how Classic Ridley turns out this time.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!