Fighter Kirby: Seeking New Project Manager, See Thread For Application Details

Started by UMOP, September 02, 2009, 04:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: UMOP on September 05, 2009, 01:03:39 AM
Quote from: S.N.E.S.S. on September 05, 2009, 12:27:07 AM
do u want one of the current version or wait til you think you got a perfect version. (by accident) i already made one of the latest version, showed off all levels of neutralB, sideB, airneutralB, and (mah fav) upB.

when you release any later versions, please do not nerf up and sideB. when used to gether they make the best combo... EVAR

If you've already made the video, go ahead and upload it. I'll put it in the OP, hopefully it'll gather more interest than text alone.

And yes thanyou, comboing out of the move was my plan. Tell me if I should change it, but as it is, comboing this off the side already sets up so much, adding knockback would pretty much guarantee it would be deadly.

By the way, I've made up my mind. I'm definitely going to buff the knockback on the level 2 and 3 hadouken. I'm thinking about having the level 2 kill around 150%, and level 3 around 95%. Any opinions on this?

Yeah, that'd be great. Right now level 3 Hadouken kills Toon Link at 150+ on the ground =p Buffs would be appreciated

And I was playing with the Hadouken a little bit and I saw this:



This was taken immediately as the Hadouken hit Mario. Broken Hitbox Much =p ?

Quote from: thanyou on September 05, 2009, 03:26:22 AM
And I was playing with the Hadouken a little bit and I saw this:



This was taken immediately as the Hadouken hit Mario. Broken Hitbox Much =p ?

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even notice it D:

Alright, I buffed the knockback and decreased the hitboxes on the level 2 and 3 hadouken. They seem almost overpowered now, but silly CPUs don't know how to dodge it, so I don't know how it would actually play out in a real match. I also added the ability to cancel charging by pressing the shield button. Once I get the Vulcan Jab combo finished up, I'll upload the real V0.1.3 with the entire neutral B.

Cool, I've also got another glitch to report, its when he does the Hadouken in the air, he pauses for a split second before falling again. But you probably already know this.

Heres the link to the video UMOP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAtpIl2RtG8
sorry if it seems crappy to you; i kinda recorded this without myself even knowing!!! I was simply having fun!
:af:

Thanks, I'll put it in the OP right away. And thanyou, I did that because his hadouken travels in a straight line from him, and if he was moving while he did it the hadouken would move with him, which is awkward looking. I wish there was another way to make it work properly in the air, but this is the only solution I could think of.


2B and 11, because they only last a few frames. I looped them so that they are constantly created in a straight line from him each frame, so it looks like one effect that's moving.


once you get the chance, make his dash attack use his ^smash animation, and make it look like the dash attack from squeak squad


Quote from: Plasmakirby on September 05, 2009, 05:37:53 PM
once you get the chance, make his dash attack use his ^smash animation, and make it look like the dash attack from squeak squad

That's the attack I had in mind, but I'm going to try a different animation. Uair is my fallback if the one I have in mind doesn't work.


Quote from: nejuer on September 06, 2009, 05:11:33 AM
Care to explain how you get his neutral B to do all that?

I will when it's not 3:00 in the morning. d:

Anyway, bumping for the new beta. Check the OP for details.

I've only played with the Rising Break and Whirlwind kick version, but I'd like to make a suggestion.

Would you be able to add more end lag to the whirlwind kick move in the air? It's kinda spammy as a recovery. Not too much, just enough where he drops a decent distance before he can do anything again.

And for the Hadouken, you plan on using the Lucario-Kirby animation eventually?