Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: Fighter Kirby: Seeking New Project Manager, See Thread For Application Details  (Read 63076 times)
Kirblord23
Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »

the hadouken is bothering me..
can you make it so that the sound it makes when it hits someone is one of the 3:
slash
electricity
aura
because it doing just a normal hit is kinda irritating .
this is just my opinion though

UMOP
Expert Kitten

I accidently the whole status message

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »

I've only played with the Rising Break and Whirlwind kick version, but I'd like to make a suggestion.

Would you be able to add more end lag to the whirlwind kick move in the air? It's kinda spammy as a recovery. Not too much, just enough where he drops a decent distance before he can do anything again.

And for the Hadouken, you plan on using the Lucario-Kirby animation eventually?

You have a point, I'll try to add some more ending lag to it in the air. And I would have used the Lucario animation, but it doesn't work unless you're wearing the Lucario hat.

need new video? or do you want to wait til you have a beta for all his moves?

A new video would be nice. I don't know how long it's going to take me to figure out how to make a move bounce off if it hits, which is necessary for both the moves in his down b.

the hadouken is bothering me..
    can you make it so that the sound it makes when it hits someone is one of the 3:
    slash
    electricity
    aura
    because it doing just a normal hit is kinda irritating .
    this is just my opinion though

That's a reasonable request. I'll change it to the aura sound.

Care to explain how you get his neutral B to do all that?

Alright, here we go. The way I made the neutral B do so much is mostly by changing the action codes. The action for his neutral B, 112, changes the sub-action to his charging stance, and changes the action to 117 when the special button is no longer pressed. In action 117, I use a case block to determine which sub-action to change to, depending on a variable that I put in the charging stance's subaction. At the beginning of the charging stance, I set it to 0, at frame 10 I set it to 1, frame 60 is 2, and frame 150 is 3. Also in action 117 is the line that changes it to action 118 if a bit is set. This bit is set in the sub-action for the Vulcan Jab, when the player is holding down the special button at a certain frame. Action 118 changes the sub-action to the Rising Kick, and does the same kind of check to go to action 119 which changes the sub-action to the Meteor Punch. I think that explains most of it, if you need any more detail just ask.

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »

all right. ill make a video tonite or tomorrow cuz i have 4videos already being uploaded

nejuer
    Intermediate Kitten

Because I can't do this all day

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #48 on: September 06, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »

Alright, here we go.... block of text that makes no sense to me

omg a bit fuzzy on this whole thing, but I'll look at the moves again and try and understand it better. The whole Hadouken charging thing brought hope to my SCryEd bullet fists for the Alter Form DK I was working on (lololol people please don't steal my idea). Maybe if you can explain it more (only if you want... idk I'll figure out myself if you don't want to)

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 06, 2009, 02:52:35 PM »

Alright, here we go.... block of text that makes no sense to me

omg a bit fuzzy on this whole thing, but I'll look at the moves again and try and understand it better. The whole Hadouken charging thing brought hope to my SCryEd bullet fists for the Alter Form DK I was working on (lololol people please don't steal my idea). Maybe if you can explain it more (only if you want... idk I'll figure out myself if you don't want to)

Well, which part do you need me to explain better? The way it can be charged?

nejuer
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #50 on: September 06, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »

The charging part yeah

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: September 06, 2009, 03:11:22 PM »

Where do you keep the graphics to your hadouken? I'm interested in studying it. =P

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: September 06, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »

That Hadouken is incredible!

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: September 06, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »

The charging part yeah

Well, first off, do you understand if statements, loops, or switch blocks? And what do you know about variables? These things are very important to getting complicated things to work.

Where do you keep the graphics to your hadouken? I'm interested in studying it. =P

They're in the GFX sections of the sub-actions 1D4 to 1D6. They are set in loops that use variables to create them in a line, the graphics themselves only last a few frames.

nejuer
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #54 on: September 06, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »

Well, first off, do you understand if statements, loops, or switch blocks? And what do you know about variables? These things are very important to getting complicated things to work.

statements - maybe
    loops - sort of
    switch blocks - no
    variables - not a clue

maybe just explain how each line works for his hadouken or something idk

milkaholic123

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »

no pics?

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: September 06, 2009, 08:37:07 PM »

statements - maybe
    loops - sort of
    switch blocks - no
    variables - not a clue

maybe just explain how each line works for his hadouken or something idk

It wouldn't make any sense to you unless you know what those are. Do you want me to try to explain them to you?

no pics?

Pix tend to scatter the layout of the OP imo, and don't capture the move quite right half the time. I'll try to take some that look good and resize them so they don't make make the post look ugly, but I'm not promising anything. This is why I like videos.

nejuer
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #57 on: September 06, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »

ok, I'll try my best to understand it when you do

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #58 on: September 06, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »

I'm almost certain that you've probably already made a fighter kirby texture out of Kirby's Snake hat, but I went ahead and made one anyway because I was completely impressed by your moveset (That, and it was 2:00 Am and I was bored XD). Download and place in Kirb's folder and make 5 copies of it, renaming them FitKirbySnake00 - 05.pac so it'll work for all of Kirby's textures. And there wasn't much I could do about the eyes, as they'd look weird if I lowered them so the headband wasn't covering them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ny3qyxflid

And if you did already make one, then just disregard this post =p

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: September 06, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »

No, I've never tried texture hacking. Thanks, this gives me even more motivation to find a way to give him his snake hat.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: