Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I've always thought Toon Link was a clone, so.... *9.22.09 EDIT*  (Read 14988 times)
thanyou
Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »

I'm fixing him  Grin

So now he's not a time paradox, he's now the same link just from a different dimension/world/universe/artstyle  Awesome Face

Basically, I'm just making Toon Link as he should've been; Wind Waker Link

Here's what I'm changin'

- New tilt moves
- New smashes
- New B moves
Here's what I've got in mind, but I want you're guys' opinions before I make a final decision.
  • Bd: Skull Hammer - Wind Waker Link takes out his hammer and holds it high above his head for a few moments and then crashes it back to the ground, creating a small shockwave on the ground around him. It can kill opponents at high damage %'s and if an enemy is hanging on a ledge when the player does this, the hanging foe will plummet to the ground as if hit by a meteor smash.
- Different damage levels
- A new Final Smash (Only if I can understand it DX)
- Physics will not be changed as they're already perfect

9/22/09 edit:

Here's the current set I'm planning on doing;

Specials
Bu: Deku Leaf (I still have no idea how I'm gonna do this, but its still a good idea)
Bs: Boomerang ~ Not gonna change this because its already different and unique in comp. to Regular Link's Boomerang
Bn: Fire/Ice/Light Arrows ~ 50% Normal 25% Fire, 20% Ice, and 5%. Regular arrows will be regular arrows, Fire will have low growth but high base knockback, deals 3% more damage than regular arrows and has fire flags (Duh), it'll launch you at a 40 degree angle. Same with Ice arrows, but they'll launch you at a 300 degree angle and deal 5% percent more damage than regular arrows and have Ice flags. Light has slightly more growth than normal arrows and has a lot more base knockback, deals 42% damage and stuns the opponent for a short time. i also need some help deciding what GFX I'll use for the tip of the arrow
Bd: WWL's specialty bombs ~ The same Bombs, but with a twist, they now have more knockback and deal 7% damage. There's also now a 10% chance that you'll pull an even special-er bomb, AKA: Nuke. Its the same special bomb, but with a larger GFX and hitbox (About the size of half of Final Destination) that deals 25% damage and has low knockback but extremly high growth, so 0% characters won't die by it. It looks exactly the same as a normal bomb, so you'll never know if you pulled the big one Wink

Smashes
Up Smash: Hurricane Tornado ~ Same setup as the old Bu, but now, if charged up all the way, he can not only move around as he spins, but it deals more damage and all hitboxes have knockback now, not just the last attack. The fully charged Spin also has a special GFX and he makes a different noise (I hope I can get something)
Side Smash: Jumping Strike ~ Wind Waker Link charges himself for a moment, and then jumps in the air towards the enemy with a deadly slash that deals 20% damage when fully charged

New attack: Roll attack

During a roll you can press the main attack button near the end of the animation to execute the roll attack! What he does is he jumps in the air and slashes both sides of him immediately after rolling in any direction.

Discuss the new changes
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:50:14 PM by thanyou » Logged

STUFF2o
A Dapper Young Gentleman
Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:01 PM »

What exactly do you mean? Are you making his moves based off of what he does in Wind Waker? If so, PLEASE OH PLEASE give him the Hurricane Spin! And if it's possible, maybe fire/ice/light arrows?

alphabayton
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:37 PM »

sounds good  AWESOME 2.0!

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:44:23 PM »

What exactly do you mean? Are you making his moves based off of what he does in Wind Waker? If so, PLEASE OH PLEASE give him the Hurricane Spin! And if it's possible, maybe fire/ice/light arrows?

What I mean is that I'm going to make Toon Link the character he SHOULD have been, Wind Waker Link, which means I'll need some ideas in order to make this a reality

Lexx
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »

Thanks for making this. I !@#%ing hate Toon Link. And any other form of Link that isn't the adult one. O.o

kyzon
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »

well hurricane spin is a must.. also see if somehow you can work that sexy leaf into him :3

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:11:20 PM »

well hurricane spin is a must.. also see if somehow you can work that sexy leaf into him :3

Yes, it is a must, but I was just wondering how I should use it, either as his new Down smash or just keep it as is, but make it so you can move around while on the ground....

And regarding the Deku Leaf, I have NOOO [censored]ing idea how I'm gonna pull that off, maybe I'll make one outta GFX or something =p

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:36 PM »

I need some feed back on my ideas for the B moves before I start working on them, because they're good, but I'd like to hear your guys' ideas and thoughts.

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

I accidently the whole status message

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »

I had thought pretty much the same as you when I did a "True Wind Waker Link" moveset a while ago, except the Deku Leaf was his up-b, and his side-b was Skull Hammer. I also replaced his hookshot with the grappling hook. I can't remember what I had as his neutral and down specials, but I think it was bombs and fire/ice arrows.

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 06:15:25 PM »

I had thought pretty much the same as you when I did a "True Wind Waker Link" moveset a while ago, except the Deku Leaf was his up-b, and his side-b was Skull Hammer. I also replaced his hookshot with the grappling hook. I can't remember what I had as his neutral and down specials, but I think it was bombs and fire/ice arrows.

Could I see the .pac you made so I could get a better idea of how to execute my idea?

That and it sounds godly

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

I accidently the whole status message

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 06:33:28 PM »

Could I see the .pac you made so I could get a better idea of how to execute my idea?

That and it sounds godly

D:

I only made the moveset, this was way before PSA and brawl hacking and all that good stuff. Sorry ):

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 06:35:22 PM »

=o

My bad

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »

That and it sounds godly

D:

I only made the moveset, this was way before PSA and brawl hacking and all that good stuff. Sorry ):
    So... it's imaginary?

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

i would recomend keeping his down b and side b the same. his bombs are custom made and the explosions give sucha  windwaker feel (please dont take that away). side b simply beacause its unique as is. i would probably mod it like u said. mabe have it hit enemies but keep moving thru them? (so it compleates its norm movement before returning.)

i really like the deku leaf idea!!

skull hammer sounds awesome but idk how you plan to do it. theres no prop

for hurricane spin, use a side taunt animation w/ custom hitboxes?

also, for final smash, my recomendation would be to make a tornado like when he ports while in the boat?
    for that i have some ideas: use grafics to make a tornado around him (like the custom character Wisp's up B). use that for graffics (mabe more to really emphacize the wind stike)
    have him on a loop to do his up taunt animation for 15 seconds). then just have an offsensive collision that does .005% per frame [about 45% by the end of the final smash], and a VERY high constant knockback. (like sends them flying but can struggle to fight against. then at the end when he compleates the taunt animation and the chime happens, have a strong windblast with graffics go one (mabe both) directions.  that can send people within those smaller hitboxes flying.
    if u deleate all the comands in the final smash, u can just imput these (asyn timer frames, change action, and continue from there). i would also have an if else going on. if the L trigger is held, go to action ___ (and paste the origonal final smash there). that way ppl can choose.

hope this helped!
    best of luck to you!

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

i would recomend keeping his down b and side b the same. his bombs are custom made and the explosions give sucha  windwaker feel (please dont take that away). side b simply beacause its unique as is. i would probably mod it like u said. mabe have it hit enemies but keep moving thru them? (so it compleates its norm movement before returning.)

I never really thought about it that way DX

i really like the deku leaf idea!!

Me too, I just have no idea how I'll get it to work...=p

skull hammer sounds awesome but idk how you plan to do it. theres no prop

I'm thinking the same way

for hurricane spin, use a side taunt animation w/ custom hitboxes?

What I'm planning on doing is have it be the exact same attack, only be mapped to the Dsmash and not be usable as a recovery

also, for final smash, my recomendation would be to make a tornado like when he ports while in the boat?
    for that i have some ideas: use grafics to make a tornado around him (like the custom character Wisp's up B). use that for graffics (mabe more to really emphacize the wind stike)
    have him on a loop to do his up taunt animation for 15 seconds). then just have an offsensive collision that does .005% per frame [about 45% by the end of the final smash], and a VERY high constant knockback. (like sends them flying but can struggle to fight against. then at the end when he compleates the taunt animation and the chime happens, have a strong windblast with graffics go one (mabe both) directions.  that can send people within those smaller hitboxes flying.
    if u deleate all the comands in the final smash, u can just imput these (asyn timer frames, change action, and continue from there). i would also have an if else going on. if the L trigger is held, go to action ___ (and paste the origonal final smash there). that way ppl can choose.

hope this helped!
    best of luck to you!

That's also a really good idea, I'll take it into consideration ;3

Thanks for your comment Cheesy

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: