Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: -SSJ- on June 03, 2013, 09:27:29 PM
not to interrupt any discussions or anything (not that i read any post) but i have a question

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


^should it say "of course" or am i illiterate? not trying to sound mean or anything, just wondering
Lol typo. Fixed.

ok good i do know how to read :P
anyway, cool
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Lately, browsing the forums with Chrome tends to be laggy.
I tried with different computers and web browsers and so far it seems it's a Chrome issue.

Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this lag, or just me.

I use chrome and also experience lag. Not a ton though 
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have the lagg as well when using chrome, but not when using firefox.

so its not just me, i have been having lag on some threads also, but i thought it was client side
QuoteSSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

To me, lag only occurs when I change tabs... Never tried other browsers though...

June 17, 2013, 01:09:19 PM #2542 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:33:20 PM by DarkPika
I havn't noticed any lag with the site :/
(I'm on wii of course)

also...
@developers:
could you restore being able to double-click the preview buttons for posts and PMs plox :/

sometimes when I click the buttons,
at that particular clock cycle, the message doesn't get sent properly...
(clicking preview allows me to resend so it coes through)
^ this is a client side issue so there's nothing you guys can do about it...
I just need to be able to resend the commands when this thing messes up...
^ (that goes for any divice I'm accessing the forum off of)

I've already lost a message because I hit 'send' and the network DC'd right after
(couldn't (preview to) send again)
^ hit back and back when you get to the home-screen (the message is still there)

thanx

Post Merge: June 17, 2013, 03:32:18 PM

also, another small request :/

may I request a board in Programming called "Programming Reference" plox :3
this is for stuff like notes on file-formats and code snippets and such...

I actually have a code snippet I'd like to post for python programmers here which allows for colored console output.
I have a feeling it may be of use to future brawl programmers.

it's your call if you guys want to limit the code snippets to being brawl-hacking related.

I actually went through that trouble already of considering that with this code, as it's from a small part of UMC.

anyways... thanx :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on June 17, 2013, 01:09:19 PM
could you restore being able to double-click the preview buttons for posts and PMs plox :/
We never took that away. Maybe it changed with some forum software update...

Quotemay I request a board in Programming called "Programming Reference" plox :3
That sounds fine to me, I guess. It could have some overlap with Tutorials...

Maybe some kind of wiki or public code repository would be better, and we could pin a link to it in the Programming board?

Quote from: Vyse on June 21, 2013, 02:45:29 PM
We never took that away. Maybe it changed with some forum software update...
hmm...
well in any case...
I just lost another reply because of it... >_<
([censored]yProxy seems to have had a time-out in the middle of typing my post...)
^ the URL-id's didn't match after clicking 'send'

if you can, could you please restore it :/
(I could view the post from the old link, but the buttons wouldn't respond after that initial click)

thanx :)

QuoteThat sounds fine to me, I guess. It could have some overlap with Tutorials...

Maybe some kind of wiki or public code repository would be better, and we could pin a link to it in the Programming board?
indeed ;D

http://gist.github.com offers a public gist creation site. :)
(a gist can be anything code/text related)

however, I kinda wanted it to be incorporated into the forum with it's style :P
(I wanted to syntax my code with BBC and what not)

plus gist creation isn't entirely wii friendly...
I can edit gists only because I know the URL magic for it... :P
(the buttons don't respond when clicked)

but aside from those issues (which I am trying to resolve with them),
I still rate their site a good 5/5 for conveinence. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: NaOH on July 21, 2013, 05:14:59 PM
There are 5 or 6 friendcode-esque topics pinned on online gaming, it would save room if they were consolidated
Yeah.... I'll check on that.

July 22, 2013, 02:46:23 AM #2547 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:15:56 PM by Iwvi
I have problems editing the OP of my topic. This is what I get:

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/content/61/9260761/html/kcmm/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1899Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/content/61/9260761/html/kcmm/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2308

EDIT: Managed to edit it. Just had to keep trying.

So... with what purpose are most of the tutorial boards unavaliable for unregistered guests?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Exactly... What is this?
[spoiler]
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.