Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Keil Crimson on July 24, 2011, 02:38:15 AM
Because it's not hurting anything NOT to have it either. - -
It seems to be causing you quite a bit of annoyance, actually.

"Note: turns around when using Cracker Launcher or Ray Gun."

Look, you don't even have to write it now. Just copy and paste.

Short version: I see no reason for the mods to do anything when you could very easily resolve this yourself.

Do I get extra points if I include the quotation marks? ¦D

/Done now


Cool. If he still bothers you about it, feel free to mention it and we'll do something.

Will do. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to make a big deal out of it. I was just trying to keep out of unnecessary trouble I usually get in by handling things myself.

Thanks for the help, Vyse.


Quote from: χΠΠαηℱƗȚΘ on July 18, 2011, 03:02:30 AM
Thanks for the correction, Vyse.
An on/off box you say? Asuka's suggestion for a limit of nested quotes is good.
If there's no way to implement this then don't worry about it, I'll just go nest my quotes manually.
...Even if they don't look right. :(


Off topic, but I can't seem to get a hold of you elsewhere.

The characters in you name are causing some weird bugs.

One of which is that no one can send PM's to you. So, you might want to fix that. If you want.

Quote from: Nasoka on July 24, 2011, 02:57:27 AM
Off topic, but I can't seem to get a hold of you elsewhere.

The characters in you name are causing some weird bugs.

One of which is that no one can send PM's to you. So, you might want to fix that. If you want.
Just click the PM button underneath his avatar. :-\
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendoman Volnutt on July 24, 2011, 02:59:31 AM
Just click the PM button underneath his avatar. :-\

Seg10, try to send a PM to him and you will see what I mean.

Quote from: Nasoka on July 24, 2011, 03:00:25 AM
Seg10, try to send a PM to him and you will see what I mean.

I'll play around with this a bit.


Quote from: Vyse on July 24, 2011, 01:57:46 AM
To whom it may concern: admins and mods are now subject to the warning system.

Vyse climbed a rung on his echeladder! He is now a Programming Prodigy!

(Actually it wasn't hard at all)
but I heard
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on July 10, 2011, 02:46:53 AM
Uh ... wut ?
Admins were never ever able to be warned/moderated/muted. Before the warning system existed, it was impossible of course.
And when the system was brought to the boards ... well, of course you can't warn/moderate/mute an admin. Admins can remove these sanctions at will. Try and be logic for a second. >_>

And if we ever came to the decision to ban an admin for something really bad, it's pretty easy : Remove admin rank => Ban.



Quote from: Nasoka on July 24, 2011, 03:55:53 AM
Cool.

What was going on for that to happen?

The forum collation (I actually have no idea what that means :D) defaults to latin_swedish but his username needed at least utf8_general_ci to work. So... I had to go through and convert all of the tables.

Further more, he shouldn't have been able to create that name in the first place. It should have thrown an error (much like the one you got when PMing him). After the conversions, my ピカノ name worked and I could send / receive PMs... but his returned 'user could not be found'.

So.. I went into the DB and looked at his profile there --- his name wasn't the actual characters... but rather HTML entities which display the characters. In order to send a PM to him, you had to write something like.... #3434;#5345;#5434;... so, I just replaced his name with what it actually displays and it worked.


Quote from: ピカノ on July 24, 2011, 04:01:59 AM
The forum collation (I actually have no idea what that means :D) defaults to latin_swedish but his username needed at least utf8_general_ci to work. So... I had to go through and convert all of the tables.

Further more, he shouldn't have been able to create that name in the first place. It should have thrown an error (much like the one you got when PMing him). After the conversions, my ピカノ name worked and I could send / receive PMs... but his returned 'user could not be found'.

So.. I went into the DB and looked at his profile there --- his name wasn't the actual characters... but rather HTML entities which display the characters. In order to send a PM to him, you had to write something like.... #3434;#5345;#5434;... so, I just replaced his name with what it actually displays and it worked.

Lol. Nice.

Well, thanks Picano. You da man.

Quote from: Nasoka on July 24, 2011, 04:05:37 AM
Lol. Nice.

Well, thanks Picano. You da man.

No problem. :D

*Gave me an excuse to set up Japanese on here*