Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 30, 2012, 03:57:59 PM #1950 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:05:18 PM by Vyse
To Star:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


To Mewtwo:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Four pages later, I still think people are making way too big a deal out of a promotional site that's meant to garner publicity for them.

However, it has become fairly obvious that the FB page isn't nearly clear enough about what exactly it's promoting. Jack just left for a while, but the next time I see him, I'll ask him if he can fix that.

March 30, 2012, 04:07:06 PM #1951 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:08:04 PM by Miacis
Suggestion:
To anyone who doesn't like the current KCMM FB photomontage, how about you give it a shot and make a similar one yourself?
If it looks good and represents everyone on BV fairly (good luck on doing that, and don't forget the Shadow recolors~)... who knows, we might actually ask Jack H to change it.
But I still agree that you guys are making it too big of a deal. :notimp:
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

If you're all about equality and the community as a whole then why have the Facebook feed in the middle of BrawlVault that only shows hacks from KC:MM and it's affiliates? Why have the pins on the forum for members of certain modding teams?

All the teams are already distinguished in those areas, so why don't you remove those for the sake of keeping things unbiased?

I honestly don't care either way, I just like the discussion. <.<

Just keep [censored] the way it is and redo the photomontage (I might take a stab at it).




Quote from: gamma kid on March 30, 2012, 01:20:59 PM
star, ur getting way too elitist...

brawlvault is there for equality, and making that pin, wouldnt be just another stat, but it would kinda ruin the equality... since it would be assuming it's a good hack just because someone from LST made it... im not saying that your hacks are bad, im saying that your ego is a bit too high...
He's not saying his hacks are the best, he's not saying anyother person's hack is, he's just asking for LSTeam and every other team to be recovnized through the Vault on some way.

Quote from: Vyse on March 30, 2012, 03:57:59 PM

To Mewtwo:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I see. The problem is that all this stuff leads to confusion. The KCMM blog includes stuff from the other blogs, and we're even calling everything the kc-mm community. I guess this is the bad point. It's true that the vault is hosted here, and thus this is the most visited site. But this is not the kc-mm community, but the brawl hacking community, or how you want to name it instead. When the forum was down, people only complained for the vault status, cause no vault is the same as no hacks to download.

What I mean is, that facebook page doesn't seem to be a 'brawl hacking' page, but a kc-mm blog/forum/team/whatever page.

And there should be some facebook for 'brawl hacking', not kc-mm. I would use it in my profile as a hobby for sure. But not the way it is (with the kc-mm name), cause it's just like a mirror of the blog. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just my opinion.

Anyway, I don't feel insulted or anything, just a little dissapointed to not be there at all. I know there are lots of better hacks and hackers, but I'm both in the team and the top 3 in the vault, and it's as if I never existed. That's all, but it's okay.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: gamma kid on March 30, 2012, 01:20:59 PM
star, ur getting way too elitist...

brawlvault is there for equality, and making that pin, wouldnt be just another stat, but it would kinda ruin the equality... since it would be assuming it's a good hack just because someone from LST made it... im not saying that your hacks are bad, im saying that your ego is a bit too high...
I'm saying you don't have to look at it like that.  LSTeampin =/= good hack.  LSTeampin = LSTeamemeber made it.


Quote from: Vyse on March 30, 2012, 03:57:59 PM
Wi-Fi safe is essential information. I forgot picano's rationale for keeping and sorting by download count, but he has one.

Separating "team members" from "everyone else" doesn't tell users anything useful. It just fuels team members' egos, and they already have plenty of things doing that for them.
Then why is there a fb like button, and a displayed number of how many likes a hack has?  
If your main goal is equality here, why does such a stat exsist?

I think the "fb like" stat separates hacks on terms of equality way more than a team member pin ever could.
It could literally say 17 people like this hack while on a different hack 0 people could like it.

Quote from: StarWaffle on March 30, 2012, 07:36:00 PM
I'm saying you don't have to look at it like that.  LSTeampin =/= good hack.  LSTeampin = LSTeamemeber made it.

 
Then why is there a fb like button, and a displayed number of how many likes a hack has?  
If your main goal is equality here, why does such a stat exsist?

I think the "fb like" stat separates hacks on terms of equality way more than a team member pin ever could.
It could literally say 17 people like this hack while on a different hack 0 people could like it.
Kinda wanna butt into the "Like" part of this convo:
Back before I "rage quit" I had about 300+ Dl's of Tifa Alpha, and 0 likes. As of today, counting ones I did delete, I may of gotten like, maybe 4 likes outa all my Hacks. The "Like" feature isn't biased on how good the hack is, it's more like sharing it on one's own facebook to tell friends in an easier, and faster, way to said hack's download spot.

Personally, the "Likes" could stay or not. It's just another way to have people share.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Lara CrofϮ on March 30, 2012, 08:16:33 PM
It's just another way to have people share.
Exactly. Liking is a means of sharing and nothing more. I'm fairly certain the number of likes is displayed because that's part of the Facebook API that we can't control.

Quote from: Beyond on March 30, 2012, 05:06:50 PM
If you're all about equality and the community as a whole then why have the Facebook feed in the middle of BrawlVault that only shows hacks from KC:MM and it's affiliates?
Jack put that there, and he's much better suited to answer that question, because I've never seen the point of it.

QuoteWhy have the pins on the forum for members of certain modding teams?
Pins are inconsequential things. They don't confer any special privileges -- they don't do anything. I use the "light" custom theme I made, so I don't even see them. (Though I can't use it right now because the temporary forum breaks a couple of things. Good news on that, though: we should be taking down this temp forum and transferring everything over to our original domain on a new host late tonight.)

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on March 30, 2012, 07:22:08 PM
What I mean is, that facebook page doesn't seem to be a 'brawl hacking' page, but a kc-mm blog/forum/team/whatever page.
Right, that's why I said I'd talk to Jack about clearing up the exact purpose of that page.

Quote from: Lara CrofϮ on March 30, 2012, 08:16:33 PM
Personally, the "Likes" could stay or not. It's just another way to have people share.
You could always turn it off.
There's an option for that in the Vault.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 30, 2012, 09:07:49 PM #1959 Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:11:18 PM by Lara CrofϮ
Quote from: Vyse on March 30, 2012, 08:45:13 PM
(Though I can't use it right now because the temporary forum breaks a couple of things. Good news on that, though: we should be taking down this temp forum and transferring everything over to our original domain on a new host late tonight.)
Right, that's why I said I'd talk to Jack about clearing up the exact purpose of that page.
Sexy :vyse: Be sure to use a "redirect" on this site's address (Lol I just realized I just "Vysed" vyse XD)

Quote from: Segtendo on March 30, 2012, 08:54:08 PM
You could always turn it off.
There's an option for that in the Vault.
Only time I honestly see "Like" is in a single hack is viewed. Else it's invisy on a person's vault list. I leave it on anyways. Just just giving a general idea how I feel about the "Like" system.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Vyse on March 30, 2012, 08:45:13 PMPins are inconsequential things. They don't confer any special privileges -- they don't do anything. I use the "light" custom theme I made, so I don't even see them. (Though I can't use it right now because the temporary forum breaks a couple of things.
No wonder the forum looked horribly when I used it... I was blaming it on my college's internet 'til I noticed it was like that at home too.

Quote from: Vyse on March 30, 2012, 08:45:13 PM
Exactly. Liking is a means of sharing and nothing more. I'm fairly certain the number of likes is displayed because that's part of the Facebook API that we can't control.

Liking is a means of sharing things that you like.  And you are publicly showing the amount of times a certain hack is shared/liked. Be it an optional feature or not it makes things un-equal.

I don't see how an indicator that a hack was created by a certain team would give it any special privileges or make it better or worse than any other out there. It's not for an ego boost, Its to inform people where the hack came from. 

Well can't we just add an LST image to one of our snapshots? Yes we could.  We could also just copy and paste the link of a hack to our fb to share it.  It would just be easier if there was an auto image that appeared for us.

I feel teams are good for the brawl hacking community. They encourage people to do better and in turn will raise the general quality/quantity of the brawl vault entries. I think Teams are fun to be on and should be encouraged. Even if its a very small image on a brawlvault entry saying that you are part of a team, It can still be taken as motivation to join a team so you can also get that tiny image on your hacks. Teams can be important if you take the time to think about it.

Quote from: StarWaffle on March 30, 2012, 10:06:11 PM
Liking is a means of sharing things that you like.  And you are publicly showing the amount of times a certain hack is shared/liked. Be it an optional feature or not it makes things un-equal.

I don't see how an indicator that a hack was created by a certain team would give it any special privileges or make it better or worse than any other out there. It's not for an ego boost, Its to inform people where the hack came from. 

Well can't we just add an LST image to one of our snapshots? Yes we could.  We could also just copy and paste the link of a hack to our fb to share it.  It would just be easier if there was an auto image that appeared for us.

I feel teams are good for the brawl hacking community. They encourage people to do better and in turn will raise the general quality/quantity of the brawl vault entries. I think Teams are fun to be on and should be encouraged. Even if its a very small image on a brawlvault entry saying that you are part of a team, It can still be taken as motivation to join a team so you can also get that tiny image on your hacks. Teams can be important if you take the time to think about it.

how many actual TEAM work have you made?

Quote from: gamma kid on March 30, 2012, 11:21:19 PM
how many actual TEAM work have you made?
A couple of them are working on a new character select menu with ASF1nk.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


To summarize this whole 10 pages of [censored].

The people who care about the banner, meaning got either pissed or offended by it, are the ones who care about Brawl hacks.

The people who don't care about the banner, saying it's not a big deal, is the three administrators who claim not to give a flying [censored] about Brawl hacks. The others are the neutral members, who never take a side, so it really doesn't make a difference.

The end.