Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1004720 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1950 on: March 30, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »

To Star:
    Are you sorry about your misinterpretation when writing your initial response/question? Or are you sorry about my misinterpretation when reading it?
    Let me rephrase: I'm sorry for the confusion and reaction I caused. It wasn't supposed to go that way.

Why are you still an administrator on a brawl hacking team forum?
    I don't care one whit about the team. I care about the forum and community. They are, as I've been saying all along, different things.

Why can't we have an LSTpin on brawlvault entries that are made by people on LST.
    Wi-Fi safe is essential information. I forgot picano's rationale for keeping and sorting by download count, but he has one.

Separating "team members" from "everyone else" doesn't tell users anything useful. It just fuels team members' egos, and they already have plenty of things doing that for them.

I don't really see the color coting thing happening either it would be a headache to look at.
    I didn't mean just color-coding, but I'm glad you agree that that would be hideous.

After he finished adding all his hacks/KC-MM hacks to the banner, he became the "average user." Searching through the vault for cool looking hacks and he clearly didn't notice which hacks came from which team
    But he wasn't downloading them, just grabbing pictures of them. Right out of the previews, I imagine. I think someone interested in actually downloading would be more attentive.

To Mewtwo:
    Also, with no pin, people can simulate a pin in their pictures. Or write the team name in the comment.
    Preview images should be used for previews. But people have been putting their teams in the info boxes for a long time now, and I see no problem with that. In fact, if, say, LST was to make sure that "LST" or "Legendary Smash Team" was in every info field, they could provide a link to the result of a custom search that displays every hack LST has made. The problem with that, of course, is that there's nothing stopping just anyone from including that same info in their hacks and getting included in the search.

If a team wants to differentiate itself, the best way in the current system is to make a dummy account for your team and upload all your hacks through that. You can use the collab feature to include the person/people who actually made the hack and make sure their download count goes up, if that's what you want.

The 'ruler' of this site, which intends to be the site of all the hacks related to brawl, doesn't seem to even know about the people in the site team, who posts, who doesn't, which ones are the other teams, etc.
    Jack handles messy things like paying for and managing our domains, designing the site to look nice, and publicity stuff like the FB page. The FB page is meant to promote the community and BrawlVault, not teams -- the word "team" never appears on that page. I don't blame him for not paying attention to teams when they're of no consequence to his purposes.

And there's no stage, no character in that picture that's made by me in the last months. Sorry if you don't like what I'm gonna say, but I think this is pathetic. Pathetic for the site, and pathetic for myself.
    I'll apologize on Jack's behalf if you feel slighted (I'm sure he won't mind), but, again, it wasn't about teams when he was making it. It was about the community, and it was random. Leaving you out wasn't meant to be an insult. Some stuff is gonna get left out. That's just how it is.

Also, I don't guess I would be happy if my stuff were clearly included in another team which is not mine, in a way that apparently claims them as theirs.
    But we're not claiming this stuff as part of our "team." We're claiming it as part of the community, which it is. All of that stuff can be found on KC:MM's BrawlVault.

Four pages later, I still think people are making way too big a deal out of a promotional site that's meant to garner publicity for them.

However, it has become fairly obvious that the FB page isn't nearly clear enough about what exactly it's promoting. Jack just left for a while, but the next time I see him, I'll ask him if he can fix that.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:05:18 AM by Vyse » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1951 on: March 30, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »

Suggestion:
    To anyone who doesn't like the current KCMM FB photomontage, how about you give it a shot and make a similar one yourself?
    If it looks good and represents everyone on BV fairly (good luck on doing that, and don't forget the Shadow recolors~)... who knows, we might actually ask Jack H to change it.
    But I still agree that you guys are making it too big of a deal. not impressed
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:08:04 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #1952 on: March 30, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »

If you're all about equality and the community as a whole then why have the Facebook feed in the middle of BrawlVault that only shows hacks from KC:MM and it's affiliates? Why have the pins on the forum for members of certain modding teams?

All the teams are already distinguished in those areas, so why don't you remove those for the sake of keeping things unbiased?

I honestly don't care either way, I just like the discussion. <.<

Just keep [censored] the way it is and redo the photomontage (I might take a stab at it).

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1953 on: March 30, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »

star, ur getting way too elitist...

brawlvault is there for equality, and making that pin, wouldnt be just another stat, but it would kinda ruin the equality... since it would be assuming it's a good hack just because someone from LST made it... im not saying that your hacks are bad, im saying that your ego is a bit too high...
    He's not saying his hacks are the best, he's not saying anyother person's hack is, he's just asking for LSTeam and every other team to be recovnized through the Vault on some way.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #1954 on: March 30, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »

To Mewtwo:
    If a team wants to differentiate itself, the best way in the current system is to make a dummy account for your team and upload all your hacks through that. You can use the collab feature to include the person/people who actually made the hack and make sure their download count goes up, if that's what you want.
    Jack handles messy things like paying for and managing our domains, designing the site to look nice, and publicity stuff like the FB page. The FB page is meant to promote the community and BrawlVault, not teams -- the word "team" never appears on that page. I don't blame him for not paying attention to teams when they're of no consequence to his purposes.
    I'll apologize on Jack's behalf if you feel slighted (I'm sure he won't mind), but, again, it wasn't about teams when he was making it. It was about the community, and it was random. Leaving you out wasn't meant to be an insult. Some stuff is gonna get left out. That's just how it is.
    But we're not claiming this stuff as part of our "team." We're claiming it as part of the community, which it is. All of that stuff can be found on KC:MM's BrawlVault.

I see. The problem is that all this stuff leads to confusion. The KCMM blog includes stuff from the other blogs, and we're even calling everything the kc-mm community. I guess this is the bad point. It's true that the vault is hosted here, and thus this is the most visited site. But this is not the kc-mm community, but the brawl hacking community, or how you want to name it instead. When the forum was down, people only complained for the vault status, cause no vault is the same as no hacks to download.

What I mean is, that facebook page doesn't seem to be a 'brawl hacking' page, but a kc-mm blog/forum/team/whatever page.

And there should be some facebook for 'brawl hacking', not kc-mm. I would use it in my profile as a hobby for sure. But not the way it is (with the kc-mm name), cause it's just like a mirror of the blog. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just my opinion.

Anyway, I don't feel insulted or anything, just a little dissapointed to not be there at all. I know there are lots of better hacks and hackers, but I'm both in the team and the top 3 in the vault, and it's as if I never existed. That's all, but it's okay.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1955 on: March 30, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »

star, ur getting way too elitist...

brawlvault is there for equality, and making that pin, wouldnt be just another stat, but it would kinda ruin the equality... since it would be assuming it's a good hack just because someone from LST made it... im not saying that your hacks are bad, im saying that your ego is a bit too high...
    I'm saying you don't have to look at it like that.  LSTeampin =/= good hack.  LSTeampin = LSTeamemeber made it.

Wi-Fi safe is essential information. I forgot picano's rationale for keeping and sorting by download count, but he has one.

Separating "team members" from "everyone else" doesn't tell users anything useful. It just fuels team members' egos, and they already have plenty of things doing that for them.

Then why is there a fb like button, and a displayed number of how many likes a hack has?  
    If your main goal is equality here, why does such a stat exsist?

I think the "fb like" stat separates hacks on terms of equality way more than a team member pin ever could.
    It could literally say 17 people like this hack while on a different hack 0 people could like it.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1956 on: March 30, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »

I'm saying you don't have to look at it like that.  LSTeampin =/= good hack.  LSTeampin = LSTeamemeber made it.

Then why is there a fb like button, and a displayed number of how many likes a hack has?  
    If your main goal is equality here, why does such a stat exsist?

I think the "fb like" stat separates hacks on terms of equality way more than a team member pin ever could.
    It could literally say 17 people like this hack while on a different hack 0 people could like it.
    Kinda wanna butt into the "Like" part of this convo:
    Back before I "rage quit" I had about 300+ Dl's of Tifa Alpha, and 0 likes. As of today, counting ones I did delete, I may of gotten like, maybe 4 likes outa all my Hacks. The "Like" feature isn't biased on how good the hack is, it's more like sharing it on one's own facebook to tell friends in an easier, and faster, way to said hack's download spot.

Personally, the "Likes" could stay or not. It's just another way to have people share.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1957 on: March 30, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »

It's just another way to have people share.
    Exactly. Liking is a means of sharing and nothing more. I'm fairly certain the number of likes is displayed because that's part of the Facebook API that we can't control.

If you're all about equality and the community as a whole then why have the Facebook feed in the middle of BrawlVault that only shows hacks from KC:MM and it's affiliates?
    Jack put that there, and he's much better suited to answer that question, because I've never seen the point of it.

Why have the pins on the forum for members of certain modding teams?
    Pins are inconsequential things. They don't confer any special privileges -- they don't do anything. I use the "light" custom theme I made, so I don't even see them. (Though I can't use it right now because the temporary forum breaks a couple of things. Good news on that, though: we should be taking down this temp forum and transferring everything over to our original domain on a new host late tonight.)

What I mean is, that facebook page doesn't seem to be a 'brawl hacking' page, but a kc-mm blog/forum/team/whatever page.
    Right, that's why I said I'd talk to Jack about clearing up the exact purpose of that page.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1958 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »

Personally, the "Likes" could stay or not. It's just another way to have people share.
    You could always turn it off.
    There's an option for that in the Vault.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1959 on: March 30, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »

(Though I can't use it right now because the temporary forum breaks a couple of things. Good news on that, though: we should be taking down this temp forum and transferring everything over to our original domain on a new host late tonight.)
    Right, that's why I said I'd talk to Jack about clearing up the exact purpose of that page.
    Sexy "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows." Be sure to use a "redirect" on this site's address (Lol I just realized I just "Vysed" vyse XD)

You could always turn it off.
    There's an option for that in the Vault.
    Only time I honestly see "Like" is in a single hack is viewed. Else it's invisy on a person's vault list. I leave it on anyways. Just just giving a general idea how I feel about the "Like" system.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:11:18 PM by Lara CrofϮ » Logged

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1960 on: March 30, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »

Pins are inconsequential things. They don't confer any special privileges -- they don't do anything. I use the "light" custom theme I made, so I don't even see them. (Though I can't use it right now because the temporary forum breaks a couple of things.
    No wonder the forum looked horribly when I used it... I was blaming it on my college's internet 'til I noticed it was like that at home too.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1961 on: March 30, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

Exactly. Liking is a means of sharing and nothing more. I'm fairly certain the number of likes is displayed because that's part of the Facebook API that we can't control.

Liking is a means of sharing things that you like.  And you are publicly showing the amount of times a certain hack is shared/liked. Be it an optional feature or not it makes things un-equal.

I don't see how an indicator that a hack was created by a certain team would give it any special privileges or make it better or worse than any other out there. It's not for an ego boost, Its to inform people where the hack came from. 

Well can't we just add an LST image to one of our snapshots? Yes we could.  We could also just copy and paste the link of a hack to our fb to share it.  It would just be easier if there was an auto image that appeared for us.

I feel teams are good for the brawl hacking community. They encourage people to do better and in turn will raise the general quality/quantity of the brawl vault entries. I think Teams are fun to be on and should be encouraged. Even if its a very small image on a brawlvault entry saying that you are part of a team, It can still be taken as motivation to join a team so you can also get that tiny image on your hacks. Teams can be important if you take the time to think about it.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1962 on: March 30, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »

Liking is a means of sharing things that you like.  And you are publicly showing the amount of times a certain hack is shared/liked. Be it an optional feature or not it makes things un-equal.

I don't see how an indicator that a hack was created by a certain team would give it any special privileges or make it better or worse than any other out there. It's not for an ego boost, Its to inform people where the hack came from. 

Well can't we just add an LST image to one of our snapshots? Yes we could.  We could also just copy and paste the link of a hack to our fb to share it.  It would just be easier if there was an auto image that appeared for us.

I feel teams are good for the brawl hacking community. They encourage people to do better and in turn will raise the general quality/quantity of the brawl vault entries. I think Teams are fun to be on and should be encouraged. Even if its a very small image on a brawlvault entry saying that you are part of a team, It can still be taken as motivation to join a team so you can also get that tiny image on your hacks. Teams can be important if you take the time to think about it.

how many actual TEAM work have you made?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1963 on: March 30, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »

how many actual TEAM work have you made?
    A couple of them are working on a new character select menu with ASF1nk.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1964 on: March 30, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »

To summarize this whole 10 pages of [censored].

The people who care about the banner, meaning got either pissed or offended by it, are the ones who care about Brawl hacks.

The people who don't care about the banner, saying it's not a big deal, is the three administrators who claim not to give a flying [censored] about Brawl hacks. The others are the neutral members, who never take a side, so it really doesn't make a difference.

The end.

Pages:  1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: