Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

I'm not liking the fact Venasaur recovers health from simply grabbing a foe...

That seems a bit overpowered if you ask me.


Since grabbing a foe isn't that hard to do, and the reward is VERY high...

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 06, 2012, 05:23:16 AM
I'm not liking the fact Venasaur recovers health from simply grabbing a foe...

That seems a bit overpowered if you ask me.


Since grabbing a foe isn't that hard to do, and the reward is VERY high...


Not really since if you noticed, the pummel as a compromise doesn't deal any damage.  And unless you're playing something like Sudden Death then you'll only get about 1-3 pummels off against competent players.  Heck even Project M Ivysaur has it and has had it for ages (he's not in demo 2 atm, we're still working on him) and honestly it's no where near as powerful or abusable as you may think (and he actually does deal damage in his pummel).

That said though, if he were to heal I think it should be 1% instead of 2% each pummel.  And also make sure it doesn't stack past 0%.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on May 05, 2012, 09:09:47 PM
Congratulations on making the team, Tormod.

More than deserved.
Thanks Italian  :D

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 06, 2012, 05:23:16 AM
I'm not liking the fact Venasaur recovers health from simply grabbing a foe...

That seems a bit overpowered if you ask me.


Since grabbing a foe isn't that hard to do, and the reward is VERY high...


I can put it down to one percent damage. And if necessary when I get more into the balancing stages, I'll reduce the amount of attacks you can fit in per grab. But I like the idea of Venusaur being able to absorb health in some form at least, since it's characteristic of his fighting style in the games.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Quote from: Tormod on May 06, 2012, 11:30:38 AM
I can put it down to one percent damage. And if necessary when I get more into the balancing stages, I'll reduce the amount of attacks you can fit in per grab. But I like the idea of Venusaur being able to absorb health in some form at least, since it's characteristic of his fighting style in the games.
Hm... THAT might work. One pummel per grab, and it would heal about 3%?

This way, it wouldn't be a HUGE advantage, but it would heal a good bit if you manage to punish your foe enough with it. They would have to avoid getting grabbed too much. Which is quite possible. Or else the Ice Climbers would be impossible to beat.
XD


So yeah, that should be a fair trade off for Venasaur's pummel. Recovers health, but in exchange, can not pummel like other characters. He can only pummel once, and deals no damage to the foe.

I say let him have as many pummels as he likes.

With, i'm assuming, that Venasaur won't have that great of a recovery and because of the type-advantages thing in Brawl, such that alot of characters have fire-based moves so they have increased knockback on Venasaur, so it could use a bit of help from healing.

And by "won't have that great of a recovery", I meant that it'd be easy for other players to prevent his recovery. (Like Ivysaur)
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on May 06, 2012, 11:52:36 AM
Hm... THAT might work. One pummel per grab, and it would heal about 3%?
I disagree. Make him pummel at a slow speed and only drain 1%. People never do more than 3 or 5 pummels against good players normally.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on May 06, 2012, 12:59:24 PM
I say let him have as many pummels as he likes.

With, i'm assuming, that Venasaur won't have that great of a recovery and because of the type-advantages thing in Brawl, such that alot of characters have fire-based moves so they have increased knockback on Venasaur, so it could use a bit of help from healing.

And by "won't have that great of a recovery", I meant that it'd be easy for other players to prevent his recovery. (Like Ivysaur)

His jumps aren't that great, however at the momen't his vine actually shoots out very far to grab the ledge, though I will probably do something to change that.
Quote from: Albafika on May 06, 2012, 03:12:02 PM
I disagree. Make him pummel at a slow speed and only drain 1%. People never do more than 3 or 5 pummels against good players normally.
Also, I will probably stick with this set up ^
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Is it possible for each Pokemon to have its own individual final smash? I think that Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, and Frenzy Plant would make awesome final smashes.

I also think that a cool neutral B for Venusaur would be solarbeam (your Egoraptor references are in another castle, guys).

Those are just my thoughts, of course. Great job so far!

Quote from: Megaman X on May 06, 2012, 08:25:01 PM
Is it possible for each Pokemon to have its own individual final smash? I think that Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, and Frenzy Plant would make awesome final smashes.

I also think that a cool neutral B for Venusaur would be solarbeam (your Egoraptor references are in another castle, guys).

Those are just my thoughts, of course. Great job so far!

For the solarbeam, you mean something like Squirtle's water gun?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

so the venusaur and blastoise are vertexes? they look epic and that moveset seems to be preety fun  i will be waiting and checking the 3 pokes psas :P(venusaur looks badass :srs:)

also agree with dd venusaur just recovers heath too quickly  he ca probably be unstoppable if used right  and just a question so the abilities only activate when they are exausted? what if we have the infinite stamina code? wouldnt  the abilities activate by damage instead? since they do activate depending on health and ssb health is %
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

this is a really cool concept going on. I am really hyped for this project especially that venasaur. liking the leech seed idea but if solarbeam could be implemented that would be cool too. I hope we get to see more previews soon  :)
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: AnImAiNe on June 01, 2012, 12:18:24 PM
this is a really cool concept going on. I am really hyped for this project especially that venasaur. liking the leech seed idea but if solarbeam could be implemented that would be cool too. I hope we get to see more previews soon  :)
looking at tormo he hasnt been on kcmm in two weeks i hope he didnt give up brawl hacking atleast not until he releases those vertexes atleast :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on June 01, 2012, 01:33:25 PM
looking at tormo he hasnt been on kcmm in two weeks i hope he didnt give up brawl hacking atleast not until he releases those vertexes atleast :P
it said he was online on the 24th i think that was just last week. but i hope he didnt stop hacking too.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: AnImAiNe on June 01, 2012, 01:38:21 PM
it said he was online on the 24th i think that was just last week. but i hope he didnt stop hacking too.
what  meant was posting xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.