Tormod's PSAnimations: Biggoron Sword Link Complete

Started by Tormod, June 03, 2011, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Poll locked.

Filler A
0 (0%)
Filler B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Quote from: Carnage on June 01, 2012, 01:33:25 PM
looking at tormo he hasnt been on kcmm in two weeks i hope he didnt give up brawl hacking atleast not until he releases those vertexes atleast :P

No worries, I'm still chipping away at this. Life is just taking priority.

Quote from: Carnage on June 01, 2012, 11:05:19 AM
also agree with dd venusaur just recovers heath too quickly  he ca probably be unstoppable if used right  and just a question so the abilities only activate when they are exausted? what if we have the infinite stamina code? wouldnt  the abilities activate by damage instead? since they do activate depending on health and ssb health is %

Don't worry, Venusuar won't be overpowered. He won't actually get that much health from it, and it's going to be fairly simple to dodge his grab for a skilled player, leaving him wide open.
I decided to use stamina instead of percent damage because it is specific to each pokemon. Meaning you would be able to switch back and forth and all three would have it at once. Since there is a great advantage in switching during a battle, it is kept in check by the fact that constant switching keeps you from getting the ability, allowing for a more strategic approach.

I will update the OP once I realease another preview video (which should be fairly soon).
-I have adjusted the fighting speeds and power so they are currently balanced.
-Charizard now has Dragon Claw for side B.
-I fixed leach/bullet seed so each seed does a little less damage directly, but contributes to flower growth on -the foe's head which causes continual damage for a short time.
-I've created "Mewtwo's Pokemon" textures for all three.
-I've worked on the final smash, however for some reason my setup does not allow me to use a modified "3-in-one" pokemon model for the final smash... Nor can I get the single pokemon to stay on screen when the final smash graphic effects are added. So for now, each pokemon has their own final smash (fire blast, hydro pump, or solar beam) and it is used in the first person view. I also cannot modify items in-game so if anyone knows the problem, let me know.
-Blastoise's neutral B does damage, however I kept the charging ability, since I think it offers a nice dynamic, and the blast of water can be aimed up or down while blasting.
-things left before next preview: a few animation edits on all three of them, and a few PSA adjustments to Venusaur.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

you might have already said this but are you making blastoise heavier than he is in the preview vid?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Yes, he is plenty heavy now  ;)
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

tormod that progress looks great xD always wanted something over the pokes and a psa like this is what we need :P also now its possible to make size mods without fitmotion so if you need to save some filespace on the fitmotion  just look here  http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45130.0  i made this work on ivisaur and squirtle models using the eyeyellowM :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lol yeah had some rearranging to do in the OP. Speaking of which, that's there the new previews can be found.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Hm... I'm gonna be honest here.

Not much really seems different with these Pokemon. There should be more new moves then what there is.


It seems like there should be more in game moves utilized. Like Solar Beam for Venasaur, Hydro Pump for Blastose... Stuff like that.

But that's just my 2 Pokedollars.

from the preview  the only one that seemed to be potencially unbalanced was venusaur that N-B and side B seem they might be abit spammable and rack up damage preety fast other than that only testing for ourselves  we can see the true dimension of the char balance.

also why such an old mewtwo? there are much better mewtwo models on bv right now :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"Hmm.. I think I need to test it out to know for sure."
^This.

couldn't blastoise get its own version of bowser's fortress move for his up b which would be reminisant to the blastoise in the first pokemon movie. couldn't u have waterfall act like surf and become his side b move. i think blastoise would look funny doing what squirtle does for his up b

or maybe change the side b to aqua jet to offset his normal slow approches
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: AnImAiNe on June 06, 2012, 07:46:04 PM
couldn't blastoise get its own version of bowser's fortress move for his up b which would be reminisant to the blastoise in the first pokemon movie. couldn't u have waterfall act like surf and become his side b move. i think blastoise would look funny doing what squirtle does for his up b

or maybe change the side b to aqua jet to offset his normal slow approches
hmm i think rapid spin would be a cool change for his up b it would make sense

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 06, 2012, 06:46:01 PM

Not much really seems different with these Pokemon. There should be more new moves then what there is.


It seems like there should be more in game moves utilized. Like Solar Beam for Venasaur, Hydro Pump for Blastose... Stuff like that.

But that's just my 2 Pokedollars.


Thanks for the feedback. My main goal here wasn't to replace the old pokemon's moves, since they are fitting to their evolved counerparts. My first concern is making their play-style akin to their stats and play styles in the pokemon games. Solar Beam and Hydro Pump are currently already the final smashes for those two. However if more people agree that certain moves should be replaced with other ones, I will be inclined to change them.
I have also thought of creating a separate version with a less powerful and less theatric version of fire blast, solar beam and hydro pump for the individual pokemon slots, since they don't get a final smash.


Quote from: Carnage on June 06, 2012, 06:55:20 PM
from the preview  the only one that seemed to be potencially unbalanced was venusaur that N-B and side B seem they might be abit spammable and rack up damage preety fast other than that only testing for ourselves  we can see the true dimension of the char balance.

also why such an old mewtwo? there are much better mewtwo models on bv right now :P
Yes, I'm curious to see how other people play with them to see how spamable they are. As for the opponent in the video, I think I set him at level 1 so I could scroll through the moves and not have to worry too much about defending myself. Hopefully a better player would be able to escape getting stuck in a damage reel.

I'll probably play around with them a little more against some level 9'ers and see whether or not a specific one emerges as unbalanced.


Post Merge: June 06, 2012, 08:00:09 PM

Quote from: AnImAiNe on June 06, 2012, 07:46:04 PM
couldn't blastoise get its own version of bowser's fortress move for his up b which would be reminisant to the blastoise in the first pokemon movie. couldn't u have waterfall act like surf and become his side b move. i think blastoise would look funny doing what squirtle does for his up b

or maybe change the side b to aqua jet to offset his normal slow approches

That could be done. I had actually thought of the side B as surf but I couldn't think of what to replace his up B with at the time. I didn't remember him doing the up spinning thing in the movie.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

@41min and 39 secs is the blastoise fight

Pokemon The First Movie: MewTwo Strikes Back
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

tormod you could also give them downB moves its possible atleast while on the ground since its like peachs doesnt read codding while on the air(there is  a way around this since some mods like brawl- make peach downB work on the air)

Venusaur downB random chance of Poisonpowder or Sleep Powder around venusaur making either flower or sleep.

Venusaur side B Leaf storm its a chargable move that would fire 1 leaf to 5 5 leafs depending on the charge


Charizard down B rock slide charizard hits the ground doing a power stomp  impaling anyone caught in it and then two rocks com from the sky hitting in front and back of charizard doing additional damage


Blastoise down B ice wind/ice beam  either like the IC or an shorte ice beam that takes time to charge

blastoise side b surf use up B graphic and make him do surf side ways like pokemon stadium he is in the middle/top of the wave

blastoise Up B rapid spin works like bowser up B

fell free to use any of this ideas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Or just keep Down B as it is. A move to swap between them. I mean, it's still meant to be Pokemon Trainer, not independent Pokemons, am I right?