Projects of the Unknown ~ Aaaaaand we're back, KHats shall be made!

Started by Anonymous, June 18, 2011, 02:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

This poll
0 (0%)
Is here
0 (0%)
to be
0 (0%)
a LIE
0 (0%)
(So it isn't a poll)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

August 03, 2012, 03:24:44 PM #420 Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:25:44 PM by Anonymous
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 03, 2012, 02:03:01 AM
I wish Eternal Yoshi's version was this good... o.o *still gonna keep his*
Thank you, and you should, his animations are actually brawl-like.
EDIT: Fixed the disapearing problem. it was the special landing animation's fault.
EDIT2: Fixed Limits NB air. (good thing I'm getting all this in one day.

Also, quick preview of rayman (no rig, obviously.)

Basically, I'm trying to style it from the first 3 games (though, I'm not sure the moveset will, having never played rayman 3.)
Body from R1
Hair and shoes from R2
hood and recolors from R3
before I rig it, 3 things need to be done (one of them rather important) I need to fix the end of his hands, and his hair, and then I need to figure out who I'm putting it over. probably ToonLink

Rayman?

What happened to Sora?

I don't keep up with this thread very well.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

August 03, 2012, 10:18:16 PM #422 Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:09:09 PM by Anonymous
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28031
^ This happened.

EDIT: now I know who rayman will be over, Falco!

Nice.

Downloads*
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

August 06, 2012, 12:38:26 AM #424 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:48:44 AM by KingJigglypuff
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just have the hair to rig yet (boy, that'll be fun >.>). while the picture doesn't show it, the hood and strings are rigged.
Also, because windows TV no longer requires me to use my brother's computer, video previews will be much more frequent. I'll have one for the B attacks when those are ready.

KingJigglypuff Edit: Please put large images in spoilers next time.

Sora Feedback:

Sorry if its late, but I obviously didn't see the release when it was released >_>

Anyway, I'll be detailed since its a v3

WalkSlow: too slow... it doesn't feel smooth when it transitions into the faster walks.

There happens to be a lot of clipping with the arms in the animations. Too many to list them all. Things like the arm going through the legs when returning to the wait.

The attacks are a bit clunky and I looked at the animations both in game and brawl box... but there are actually a lot of them that don't start/end with the wait1 frame. Or anything close to it actually... I did it cause the animation seemed to just... pop onto the attack instead of smoothly transition into it.

For me... the upspecial didn't work. Like... I did up-b and I didn't go anywhere. It wasn't until I opened it in brawlbox that I saw what it was supposed to do. o.O If I'm missing something or there is some special way to trigger his attack then you should include a read-me in the dl.

What does his final smash do? I activated it multiple times and he just did a pose. I did notice that his specials changed though. Was that it?

The keyblade throw... the way it comes back isn't that cool looking animation wise. I looked at it in a KH game and yeah, you copied it correctly, but in brawl, it just doesn't look too good.

And it sucks that you didn't do grabs.

All in all. Not bad. Animations could use some work and I've never been one to say "this could be PSA'd better" cause I think thats a given if the animations need work... but not bad at all. Sorry if I seem harsh, but Sora is a very cool character to me. One that I've actually been wanting to do for a while.

Nice job on the gliding too.


That said, as a moveset, I've never liked Sora using magic... for someone who is obviously combo oriented, him using magic slows down his gameplay. Thats more my personal opinion rather then feedback though.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

August 06, 2012, 01:20:50 PM #426 Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:23:09 PM by Anonymous
Quote from: Kagemaru on August 06, 2012, 05:28:13 AM
WalkSlow: too slow... it doesn't feel smooth when it transitions into the faster walks.

There happens to be a lot of clipping with the arms in the animations. Too many to list them all. Things like the arm going through the legs when returning to the wait.

The attacks are a bit clunky and I looked at the animations both in game and brawl box... but there are actually a lot of them that don't start/end with the wait1 frame. Or anything close to it actually... I did it cause the animation seemed to just... pop onto the attack instead of smoothly transition into it.
Clipping set aside, these will be addressed when I have actual skill with animation. oh, and I thought I got rid of the crappy walk animation 0.O

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 06, 2012, 05:28:13 AM
For me... the upspecial didn't work. Like... I did up-b and I didn't go anywhere. It wasn't until I opened it in brawlbox that I saw what it was supposed to do. o.O If I'm missing something or there is some special way to trigger his attack then you should include a read-me in the dl.

.... strange...I tested it just now and it worked fine...

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 06, 2012, 05:28:13 AM
What does his final smash do? I activated it multiple times and he just did a pose. I did notice that his specials changed though. Was that it?

The keyblade throw... the way it comes back isn't that cool looking animation wise. I looked at it in a KH game and yeah, you copied it correctly, but in brawl, it just doesn't look too good.
Changes to limit form, increasing knockback and damage of smashes, along with changing specials to
NB: Strikeraid
>B: Sonicblade
vB: Stun impact
Complete with lackluster transformation and de-transform.

Also, as for strikeraid, I'll keep note of that.

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 06, 2012, 05:28:13 AM
And it sucks that you didn't do grabs.
this is because of lack of ideas and, as it's been mentioned, animation skills.


Quote from: Kagemaru on August 06, 2012, 05:28:13 AMAll in all. Not bad. Animations could use some work and I've never been one to say "this could be PSA'd better" cause I think thats a given if the animations need work... but not bad at all. Sorry if I seem harsh, but Sora is a very cool character to me. One that I've actually been wanting to do for a while.
I understand, of course the PSA could be better. if I didn't think so, I would have been foolish and called it the final version (again... though that was because I thought I abandoned the project.) anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Edit: as far as rayman goes, got the hair rigged, and I'm starting on his NB.

hey I wanted to ask you something, I was doing a little bit of editing to your soundpack that you have for Sora. I fixed all the sounds that had extra stuff in it, like background noise and such since I have wav files of sora. Would you like to hear the new swandz file? I can also send you the wav files I have if you want to make a better soundpack for Sora and you can edit the psa to it.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Quote from: MandoWolfe on August 06, 2012, 07:50:36 PM
hey I wanted to ask you something, I was doing a little bit of editing to your soundpack that you have for Sora. I fixed all the sounds that had extra stuff in it, like background noise and such since I have wav files of sora. Would you like to hear the new swandz file? I can also send you the wav files I have if you want to make a better soundpack for Sora and you can edit the psa to it.
sure, I'd like to see hear what you've done.

it's nothing much. I replaced the voices that had background noise with the same ones and with the extra space, I add a few ones like Light and Give me Strength and some random ones for the victories. But I also want to send the voices for the magic like Thunder, Fire, and Blizzard along with some other stuff you might find useful for a better soundpack. I'll be sure to send it to you once I get the chance.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Looks pretty good on the model and motion if showed on topic. Good luck.

Rayman on hold because of Kagemaru's sora project, and because I got an idea that shouldn't take too long.

Quote from: Anonymous on August 06, 2012, 07:55:11 PM
sure, I'd like to see hear what you've done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n35ypvy1zcko4r3

Well here's the link for the sora swandz that i fixed up and added a little bit, i also included the SFXs that i have just in case you'd like to use any of the other ones i didnt put on there. Tell me what you think of it.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Quote from: MandoWolfe on August 15, 2012, 11:18:50 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?n35ypvy1zcko4r3

Well here's the link for the sora swandz that i fixed up and added a little bit, i also included the SFXs that i have just in case you'd like to use any of the other ones i didnt put on there. Tell me what you think of it.
Looking at the wav files, I can already tell this is going to be epic!

lol as i said before, it was just some fixes on yours and i added a few extra ones that could be put in through PSA for whenever your gonna update Sora. It's a great moveset, and it deserves epic sounds too. XD


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.