Devil May Cry: Dante Version 1.3 Beta New Team of DO and SilentDoOm

Started by DivineOverlord, June 21, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What should his throw attacks/animations be?

?
28 (68.3%)
?
13 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41




This Devil May Cry Dante PSA is something I made in 4 days. I  hope you guys like it as much as I do XD...I will work on him more next weekend. For the second mode, instead of giving him a Ifrit Gautlet mode, It will be easier for me to give him a guitar mode where he attacks with his guitar  :kdance:



Version 1.0 PSA CREATOR: DIVINEOVERLORD

Version 1.3 PSA CREATOR: DIVINEOVERLORD & SilentDoOm


version 1.3 which features the following updates:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's a video of Version 1.0 by Gamma Ridley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0kZ34vyT8c





There are three versions this time in terms of pure power.

-Balanced version = Limited Dante

-Strong Version = Unleashed Dante

-Very Strong Version = Devil Must Die Dante  


DIVINEOVERLORD


Run, wait animations
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Normal Attacks:

AAA - Shoot 1, shoot 2, shoot 3
----Dante performs a series of gun shots
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Tilt :
Dante shoots Hight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down Tilt: Stab and shoot low
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side Tilt: Horizontal slash. If you dont interupt he will shoot his launched foe.  :af2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side Tilt Low: Upwards Diagonal Slash
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Side Tilt Hi: Shoot side up
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Smash Attacks:


Forward Smash : Combo Slasher - Does a 4 hit combo (all in one animation)  :af:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Smash: Twister -  A fire cyclone to the air
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down Smash: Bee Hive - Does 5 kicks and one mega kick


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




AIR Attacks:


FORWARD AIR: Same as Ike

DOWN AIR: Falling slash attack (dont know whats it called in DMC lol)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


UP AIR: Same as Ike but I edited the sword position so that it stabs upward
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Attack Air N: Air Shot

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Special Attacks:


Neutral Neutral B: Gun Play - He starts off shooting two bullets then goes into a shooting frenzy and if you let go the B button he will launch a super charged bullet.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Forward B:  That stabbing move Dante does. I dont know whats it called.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Down B on ground: Crystal and Million Carats Crystal
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Down B in Air: Sky Down Shooter (I have no clue whats this move called but I seen Dante do it all the time.  
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Final Smash:
Demon Transformation - I don't have Dante's Demon Model so I just had him transform into gigabowser with a Sword.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Download link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19914


Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


I see no video here.......

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Quote from: Gamma Ridley on June 21, 2011, 09:53:15 PM
I see no video here.......

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


haha wanna make one? I made one with my cell but the quality is very low XD


I'll be back in around 3 hours.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Quote from: DivineOverlord on June 21, 2011, 09:55:38 PM
haha wanna make one? I made one with my cell but the quality is very low XD


I'll be back in around 3 hours.

Haha, I'm sorry, but your cell phone got dibs on the last video.

It's my turn now. =P

I'll get right on it.

O.O

* Cascade dies of epicness..... and thinks about stealing some moves for future projects

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on June 21, 2011, 09:53:15 PM
I see no video here.......

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dooo eeet!  :happy:

Any particular character you want to see get beat up?

I had Project M on my SD, so I need to restock on hacks and such. /:

... suggestions?


June 21, 2011, 10:08:40 PM #10 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:12:17 PM by Apprentice Of Death
Dante Feedback:

First of all, for a PSA made in such a short time, it's FREAKIN EPIC. Now then...

A: Personally I think it should just be the one attack. It shouldn't shoot a stronger bullet after two shots. And instead of 4% it should only do 2% or 3%

Down Tilt: He should only shoot if the sword attack hits.

Up Tilt: Is great, I love how you can change the angle with the control stick. (or is that side tilt hi?)

Forward Tilt: Is great as it is.

Forward Smash: The combo is too long for an uncharged smash. It should be a single attack uncharged and the full combo when fully charged.

Down Smash: Love it, but like forward smash it's too much for an uncharged attack. It should only be a kick or two uncharged, and then the whole attack fully charged.

Up Smash: Guess what I'm gonna say? Too flashy for an uncharged attack. Tone it down a bit for the uncharged attack.

Specials: In my opinion, the specials are fine. Except Up Special still needs to be changed.
And for Neutral Special the bullets should do less damage.

Final Smash: F*CKING EPIC!!! That is all.

When he jumps his sword hovers away from his body... you should probably fix that.
And the effect for his run doesn't really suit the running speed, it makes it look like he should be running faster.

Anyway over all this is a badass start to what will (and really already is) a badass psa.

June 21, 2011, 10:13:23 PM #11 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:22:23 PM by xZedkiel
Up B should be Air Dash and Air Tirck, on ground it should be Up and Sideways diagonally (Air Trick), but it turns him around on sideways, and in Air it should be controlled sideways or Up (Air Dash). Also, change the entry circle he does to the one from Air Dash and use that :D

June 21, 2011, 10:15:39 PM #12 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:25:40 PM by Cloudy
Now to kill the hype. <.>

AAA: Kinda OP, the third hit could be taken out as AoD said, and reduce its damage, gradually. I think all the gunshots should do barely 2% for AA and NB with 1% each.

Ftilt: Loses its lag if it connects, which makes it TOO SPAMMY at low % connecting one after another.

When using Neutral B, he goes into a "kinda stiff" position, needs a bit more detail. (And the attack is OP)

UTilt's animation needs a bit more detail, but I like that move's conecpt.

Downtilt is too spammable and the gunshot is too good, it could stay, but doing 2% or 1%, imo.

Aerial Down B is nice, but I think you should not go into special fall after using it, also, it'd be better if you could choose to witch side to aim. Right now if I'm facing right he'd go diagonally to the opposite the direction.

Down B's last charge needs to be stronger and have more front range, right now, first and second charge are better.

Down Smash is awesome, but the last hit will never connect, try to make it faster, also, make the whole move to 16% or 18%, it does too much atm, same goes for Fsmash, it does too much.

There's plenty of other stuff I'd like to state, but I'll do it later.

Great job for a Beta, DO!

Quote from: Cloudy on June 21, 2011, 10:15:39 PM
Now to kill the hype. <.>

AAA: Kinda OP, the third hit could be taken out as AoD said, and reduce its damage, gradually. I think all the gunshots should do barely 2% for AA and NB with 1% each.

Ftilt: Loses its lag if it connects, which makes it TOO SPAMMY at low % connecting one after another.

When using Neutral B, he goes into a "kinda stiff" position, needs a bit more detail. (And the attack is OP)

UTilt's animation needs a bit more detail, but I like that move's conecpt.

Downtilt is too spammable and the gunshot is too good, it could stay, but doing 2% or 1%, imo.

Aerial Down B is nice, but I think you should not go into special fall after using it, also, it'd be better if you could choose to witch side to aim. Right now if I'm facing right he'd go diagonally to the opposite the direction.

Down B's last charge needs to be stronger and have more front range, right now, first and second charge are better.

Down Smash is awesome, but the last hit will never connect, try to make it faster, also, make the whole move to 16% or 18%, it does too much atm, same goes for Fsmash, it does too much.

There's plenty of other stuff I'd like to state, but I'll do it later.

Great job for a Beta, DO!
Yeah, I agree there, Wolfric said pretty much what I was thinking actually. XD

Although forward smash might need a bit of end lag, same goes for up smash, since it's a tower of fire, that kills in the early 100s, it should have end lag.

June 21, 2011, 10:37:22 PM #14 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:38:59 PM by SiLeNtDo0m
I did a bit of playtesting too and I love the ideas you have here.  I just have a few things:

AAA combo - I felt that it was a bit odd to use.  Against smaller characters, it was worthless.  It's jacks*** against characters like Pikachu who are not only small, but can still camp it with their own projectiles.  On the other hand, it can dominate larger characters if used right.  I honestly think this should be a more sword based move.  That way it could be more reliable overall.

F Tilt - I like how you can do the variations with it.  This seems like the kind of move that needs further exploration to master and I like that about the move.  Though I think there could be a little more differentiation between the regular F Tilt and the downward tilted F Tilt.  They seem a tad too similar.

U Tilt - Interesting move.  Again, seems like one that will take a bit of time to master properly.  I'll need to explore this more.

D Tilt - Far too strong.  It does way too much damage and the spike at the tip of the sword is definitely a bit much.  Also, I think only the gun shot hit should have knockback growth, rather than the sword slash so that they always chain together.

F Smash - A tad strange at times.  Firstly, it's WAY too strong.  It does about 34% uncharged for all the hits, and has very little end lag.  The animation is badass though.  I love it.  Though as Apprentice of Death said, I think for the uncharged version it should be a single attack.  

U Smash - Some hitbox flag oddities.  The majority of it still makes Ike's sword sound rather than a fiery sound.  Also, this is just a personal thing, but I think it should deal multiple hits.  It suits the aesthetic of the move better.  Oh, and the knockback and damage should be further toned down.  It should do very little at the top of the hitbox, since it's so powerful.

D Smash - Smexy, smexy, SMEXY.  LOVE IT.  It looks so awesome!  Though I think at minimum charge, it should do the Volcano move (where he punches the ground and a burst of energy comes out) and fully charged should be the Bee Hive.  

N Air - See U Tilt

D Air - I think this move should drag foes down rather than bring them up.  It's very easy to SD with this move (as it also brings Dante forward a little bit), but the reward is low.

Neutral B - Extremely powerful and too spammable @.@  I used it against a CPU and they couldn't do anything.  I just dealt between about 30-50% to them each time I used it.  Though this move will be a bit trickier to tone down I think.  The move itself is pretty badass though.

Side B - I actually think that the attacks from this would suit better as normals.  I think on the ground you should use Jetstream (the one where he whirls his blades forward in fire), whilst in the air you could use Revolver (the spinning ice attack)

Down B - I found that actually the first charge was definitely the most useful.  Mainly because the 2nd charge wasn't too different, whilst the third charge did no more damage.  I think the third charge should do 15%.  The startup lag for the move is just fine.  Though I forgot to actually test the air version XD


Didn't test the FS, but it's probably epic XD

Overall, it has some fantastic potential.  Do you mind if I help out with balance tweaks, animations and presentational stuff?  Infact, I'd be more than happy to edit the stuff that I suggested as well as others.  If you don't have ideas for them, I could do the aerials and throws and stuff.  I think the Up B should be Air Trick.  It's simple and effective.  I'd really like to be able to contribute to this project ^^