Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?
Yes - 16 (76.2%)
No - 1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier - 4 (19%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 93
Author Topic: The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363  (Read 312468 times)
Ninka_kiwi
Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #540 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »

well to vertex the capsule you would need to use the old method of vertex hacking as the new one does not support item editing.
    And if you couldn't get that edited you could always use the edited capsule that is in the Dr.Mario PSA (As it doesn't have the top part to it)

I have been told though that trophies can be vertex edited with the newer method so you could use the capsule model from the trophy instead.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:21:39 PM by Ninka » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #541 on: July 27, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »

well to vertex the capsule you would need to use the old method of vertex hacking as the new one does not support item editing.
    And if you couldn't get that edited you could always use the edited capsule that is in the Dr.Mario PSA (As it doesn't have the top part to it)

.... what's the "old" method?

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #542 on: July 27, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »

The old method of vertex editing was much more tideus as you couldn't even see the model you were editing when vertex editing... you could only see the vertex points.
    The new method allows for seeing the model you are editing.
    though I guess the new method shouldn't be called new as it was created about a year ago...

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #543 on: July 27, 2011, 01:27:06 PM »

The old method of vertex editing was much more tideus as you couldn't even see the model you were editing when vertex editing... you could only see the vertex points.
    The new method allows for seeing the model you are editing.
    though I guess the new method shouldn't be called new as it was created about a year ago...

Ohhhhh yeah. I remember that.

suppose it wouldn't be too bad, since it wouldn't be too comlicated.

I just need to move a few vertices around, then texture it accordingly.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #544 on: July 27, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »

But in other m, there is no actual "bomb" that explodes. It's just energy released from Samus' Morphball. Which we could just use the smartbomb effect just smaller.

And space jump deals no damage... It's usually used to jump multiple times in the air... But i wanted to use it as a recovery method. That's why I said screw attack can be up smash because it deals damage.

also, how are the missle animations? I'd like to start PSA'ing them.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »

Powerbomb doesn't need a model. As Blade said.
    Plus it will save file space if you don't include one.

If you end up with some free file space and decide to use a model with it, just use normal bombs. The bomb doesn't have to look entirely accurate.

-

Why not just have both of them screw-attack? Space Jump is always replaced by screw-attack in the games. If this is meant to be Other M Samus at her best, she shouldn't have space jump, as it will have been replaced.

I would just make both Up-smash and forward B Screw Attack. Up-Smash should be a clone of Sonic's upsmash, while forward B is just a recovery move that deals damage.

-

I won't be testing today. I'm putting all my focus on the vertex.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #546 on: July 27, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »

No problem Weyard.

@Disscusion:
    Unless you want to include Speed Boosters into the moveset.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2011, 02:06:16 PM »

You could always use Speed Boost as the Dash Attack. Just have it so it doesn't alter your momentum or put a forward momentum push event in it.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #548 on: July 27, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »

I wouldn't mind using Screw Attack for both. I just don't like the idea of having a Side B that doesn't do damage. /:

And I was certain that we were using the Speed Booster for the Dash Attack. I think I have that in the OP already.

As for testing, don't worry about it Weyard. I'll test if necessary. You go ahead and focus on vertexing.

And, as far as the Side Smash goes... well, I "angled" them, but.... I did it very lazily. XD

Here is the most recent MotionEtc, with both the tilts and the SquatWaitItem fixed.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2011, 02:25:55 PM »

Blade you might wanna just swap the N-air for Zelda/peachs like you thinking about doing.
    I just got another slingshot glitch from it and then a freeze when I got hit during the animation.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #550 on: July 27, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »

Blade you might wanna just swap the N-air for Zelda/peachs like you thinking about doing.
    I just got another slingshot glitch from it and then a freeze when I got hit during the animation.

How are you guys getting these glitches?

I haven't had any problems with the Nair, except for the small graphical glitches that occur when you get hit or land in the middle of the attack. /:

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #551 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »

Idk, we were playing with green shells on and he tossed one upwards right as I used Neutral Air. Its like it tried to attach to it or something and slingshotted me up into the air up and out the top of the screen. Then i appeared back on the ground. Im not sure what could have caused that. Then, minutes later, i shorthopped Neutral Air as he Forward Smashed me and it froze.
    It seems to have problems when shorthopped and when being hit. I think we should just replace the grapplebeam with a similar gfx. It has some weird properties that are causing occasional glitches.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:54:12 PM by Aether » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #552 on: July 27, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

Idk, we were playing with green shells on and he tossed one upwards right as I used Neutral Air. Its like it tried to attach to it or something and slingshotted me up into the air up and out the top of the screen. Then i appeared back on the ground. Im not sure what could have caused that. Then, minutes later, i shorthopped Neutral Air as he Forward Smashed me and it froze.
    It seems to have problems when shorthopped and when being hit. I think we should just replace the grapplebeam with a similar gfx. It has some weird properties that are causing occasional glitches.

Come to think of it, I may have been slingshot once... but really, I haven't experience any of this. /:

But yeah, it may be better to use something else, because there's probably something hard-coded into the Grapple Beam itself.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #553 on: July 27, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »

Well we have had green shells turned on since we were testing the CrouchWaitItem, so maybe their physics are conflicting with it. Use Samus, turn on one computer player, turn on green shells and go to Final Destination. Keep shorthopping Neutral Air and try to use it when you know you are about to be hit by a shell. See if you can produce the same results.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #554 on: July 27, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »

Well we have had green shells turned on since we were testing the CrouchWaitItem, so maybe their physics are conflicting with it. Use Samus, turn on one computer player, turn on green shells and go to Final Destination. Keep shorthopping Neutral Air and try to use it when you know you are about to be hit by a shell. See if you can produce the same results.

That's oddly specific.

But all right.

I'll give it a shot.

Pages:  1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 93
    Print
    Jump to: