Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: ...:::Group Project: Nathan Spencer::.. UP Special  (Read 30038 times)
8o8 Dark
Extreme Kitten

Discs are for people who like scratches

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »

Umm... I was wondering, but... what are we going to do with Link's...
    sword?
    shield?
    boomerang?
    arrow?
    bow?
    or... are the boomerang, and bow and arrow part of the MotionEtc? And... how are we going to move the Clawshot a.k.a. Bionic Arm onto Link's actual arm? o.O or is the Bionic arm going to be attached to Link via the arm, which would become the rope.

rar! rar! rar! --8o8 Dark

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #76 on: September 01, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

Boomerang/bow/etc can probably be replaced and used for something else...

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: September 01, 2011, 08:04:06 PM »

Mario Facepalm The claw shot has it's own animation section. Personally I dono how to animate seprate models. If you was going to properly use the claw shot, you'd have to have it shape like a hand for the waits, which it doesn't have, then The grapple section for the different attacks, which it only has 2 of (air and ground, maybe a retract animation too). It'd be far easier to navigate bones on the existing model. Only down side is link doesn't have the nessisary bones. I do wish ya'll luck though,

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: September 01, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »

Mario Facepalm The claw shot has it's own animation section. Personally I dono how to animate seprate models. If you was going to properly use the claw shot, you'd have to have it shape like a hand for the waits, which it doesn't have, then The grapple section for the different attacks, which it only has 2 of (air and ground, maybe a retract animation too). It'd be far easier to navigate bones on the existing model. Only down side is link doesn't have the nessisary bones. I do wish ya'll luck though,
    uh-oh. couldnt you just make more so that it has all the same animations as the original model?

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »

The Claw shot is in the model already, but in a different section of the file. It has it's own bone tree and everything. it would take a rather nifty trick to get it to merge with link's.... uh.... Is Spencer's Left arm Bionic? Well you get the point I hope. Adding Animation Nodes to The Clawshot's section will inflate the file size quite a bit.

Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »

no worries kit,  I do (and have already did) have a plan =P  I won't explain it cuz its too messy, but when you see the finished model you'll understand.

Also: no tether recovery or projectile attacks (no guns)
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:47:43 PM by StarWaffle » Logged

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: September 01, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »

I'm sure ya do Wafflez. And no tether? kind of a downed idea considering link already has the data in the file.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »

Why no thether? D=

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »

Back to the Special Attack brainstorming, for his Up Special possibly...
    Jump: Basically Eldrian's Zero's Up Special, with his Bionic Arm hand outstretched. Has Ganondorf's Up Special GFX and SFX. Right before he goes into helpless, he boosts himself a bit more upward with a little explosion appearing at the bottom of his foot, deals 4%.

EDIT: For his Neutral Special: Combo. Starts out with a simple punch, but can be linked with 5 other, randomly selected attacks if the Special Button (B/2) is mashed again. Similar to Viewtiful Joe's Aerial Down Special, meaning it can be linked to infinitely, but only hits in front of him. Deals 2%.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:47:16 PM by 8o8 Dark » Logged

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »

hmm, i'm not too keen on that up speacial 8o8  but i do like the idea of that neutral b, its not a projectile and sounds fun!   

Everyone keep brainstorming! i'll gather all the special ideas up tomorrow, and we can discuss them.

and tether recovery is horrible. way too easily ledgeguarded, ya ya you can avoid it if you do so and so and such and such, but since we get to build the character I'd rather not have it. We can keep Zair as a tether recovery though. I want him to be able to recover normally

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: September 01, 2011, 11:25:07 PM »

I saw this move and thought that It could be an up special:
    <a href="http://youtu.be/LRr9rEL0JlQ?t=19m40s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/LRr9rEL0JlQ?t=19m40s</a>

The person uses it often around this time in the video.

I have two methods that we can use to incorporate this.

1) Having him lift up a boulder out of nowhere (like charizard's rock smash) and jumps up and slams the rock at like 45 degree angle downwards (we could also have a 30 degree throw by tilting forward on the control stick). The boulder would deal about 10% damage but stuns like Falco's blaster.

2) Have him raise his arm as if he was going to throw up something. Then jumps up and swings his bionic arm, capable of meteor smashing. If a player is within range during the first part, they will be thrown up. which they will then be hit by the air strike at a 45 degree angle. (Again, we can have a 30 degree throw by tilting forward on the control stick).

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »

yes we do really need to implement this rock grabbing idea into a special move.

Let's think a little outside the box though, obviously we can just make him trow a rock at someone and hit them.  How about a special move, that doesn't hurt anyone? but can be used for a tactical advantage. (or even help out teamates)

This might not be possible. but i propose this.
    spencer bends down and rips out the floor in front of him (not literally, we just generate a rock) and tosses it up and away from him .  this is where i think it might not be possible.  I want the rock that is thrown to be able to stand on it. So you are literally throwing the enemy away from you. when it reaches a certain level it will break and disappear.

here is a pic
    This shows you how big the rock/platform is, how it is thrown and where it breaks/disappears

>but staaaaaaar? whats the point of this if you can already grab and throw people?

True but i think this move work like this,   As soon as the rock is pulled and thrown spencer is free to move again very quickly ( he cannot however throw another rock until the first one is gone)  so in this manner you can chase the opponent into the sky for a follow up aerial/ juggle.  with a regular grab and throw there is ending lag, which makes this hard.

Also this is a SET distance traveled, you don't need to rack up damage to throw them the full length.  which means you have a chance for a K.O at low percents if you use it near the top of the screen.   you can even help teammates recover!

i dunno exactly how it would be PSA'ed tho, maybe generate a rolling crate and somehow make it follow a bone going upwards and then destroy it?   anyways. thats my idea.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:58 AM »

Having a thether doesn't exclude a normal recovery Wink

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: September 02, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »

But due to Nathan's long reach for his grapple. It kinda would be OP for him to have his grapples as a tether.

I find it interesting how we are taking a person who is very skilled in guns and having him not use any.

And Star, that idea would be interesting. But then again, being able to create your own platform is kinda OP. Think about it, knocking the enemy off to the side of the screen, then creating a platform to make it easier to chase people who are near death...
     __
    ( !  )
     |_|

I just got an idea!

If we can get Link's bomb model to work like a Bumper item. Once in place, it would stay there for a limited time. The thing is, we have to figure out how to make people stand on it...

If we could get that working, the create-a-platform idea should work.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »

But due to Nathan's long reach for his grapple. It kinda would be OP for him to have his grapples as a tether.

I find it interesting how we are taking a person who is very skilled in guns and having him not use any.

And Star, that idea would be interesting. But then again, being able to create your own platform is kinda OP. Think about it, knocking the enemy off to the side of the screen, then creating a platform to make it easier to chase people who are near death...
     __
    ( !  )
     |_|

I just got an idea!

If we can get Link's bomb model to work like a Bumper item. Once in place, it would stay there for a limited time. The thing is, we have to figure out how to make people stand on it...

If we could get that working, the create-a-platform idea should work.
    its not too overpowered, need i remind you that the platform is as big as a rolling crate? and also since it is a platform, the enemies double jump and recovery move is refreshed.  Also the enemy would be able to run off the platform if they have good timing. think of it like the arwings on corneria, you just walk the opposite way to prevent you from flying off screen.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: