Poll
Question: Love is ___________.
Friendship
Magic
Beyond
Evil
Tits

Pages:  1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 157
Author Topic: Beyonds Love Temple  (Read 598490 times)
Victory Badguy
Slightly Different
Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #870 on: November 23, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »

Travis looks stupid awesome!

Once again, you somehow managed to outdo yourself.  Nice job!

Soneek
    Extreme Kitten

BRSTMizer/Model Importer

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #871 on: November 23, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »

It's perfect while fighting. You won't notice anything unless you actually TRY to find something wrong with it. Great job on Travis; he's hands down the best import to date, with the expressions done and everything!

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #872 on: November 23, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »

Yeah how the hell do you always manage to outdo yourself? It's impossible.

Anyway, haven't tried him out in game yet, but he looks [censored]n great man. All I can say juts by viewing the BV entry.

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #873 on: November 23, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »

Agreed. This is really awesome work Beyond  Laugh

Though, you may want to look into what xxgbcxx said if you haven't already. Might as well, just to see if you can alter or fix whatever it is he is talking about. For the sake of that Beyond quality that gives you that too cool for school prestige  Grin

I haven't seen him in game yet, but I'm sure he looks amazing  Wink

^3^

ssj4gohan
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #874 on: November 23, 2011, 10:58:40 PM »

...um...yea...whats with travis neck??

I've had a look at him in-game too and I see where you're coming from, but it seems like a non-issue to me. It's an appearance trait/quirk that's rather common with characters that have longer necks or most of their neck exposed. Your model imports of Squall and Sephiroth are the same from what I've seen. Nothing worth nitpicking about.

The only noteworthy thing worth mentioning on Travis is the graphic glitch in which Ike's sword appears during his up+b...but that also seems to be a common trait amongst all the model imports over Ike I've tested in game. A solution might not be available for that yet.

BTW, is anyone else having lighting issues for Tekkaman Blade on Battlefield?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:07:42 PM by ssj4gohan » Logged

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #875 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »

I downloaded it. That compliments you already.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #876 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »

Nice work on Travis Beyond, though personally I'll be sticking with your vertex.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #877 on: November 24, 2011, 12:02:14 AM »

Nice work on Travis Beyond, though personally I'll be sticking with your vertex.

the [censored]? the import is the real deal from the game idk why you would stick with the vertex.

@ Beyond

nice job with travis man, just tried it and i love it. Cant wait to see whats next.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #878 on: November 24, 2011, 12:13:57 AM »

Just because it is a model import donsn't make it instantly better than a vertex >.>

I too like v3 better. It has cleaner colors and the jacket is a bunch better imo. V3 was the REAL deal from BeyondYou...    Anyways they are both great.   GJ byond!

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #879 on: November 24, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »

Just because it is a model import donsn't make it instantly better than a vertex >.> I too like v3 better. It has cleaner colors and the jacket is a bunch better imo. V3 was the REAL deal from BeyondYou...    Anyways they are both great.  GJ byond!

Depending on how its rigged yes, or how well the shaders work and if it has a metal texture and what not. which this model has all of that.

My point being this model was made by professional game designers and not just a modded ike model with vertex and texture edits. This is REALest travis will ever get.

Im not dissing Beyond's work, his imports, vertexes, and texture are by far better than anyone else in the community. Modded brawl wouldnt be nearly as fun without the stuff hes made. I just dont get why you guys would go with an edited ike model opposed to the real model from NMH2.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #880 on: November 24, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »

the [censored]? the import is the real deal from the game idk why you would stick with the vertex.

@ Beyond

nice job with travis man, just tried it and i love it. Cant wait to see whats next.

Easily.

As Star said, the vertex has more vibrant textures for one, but that's not the main reason.  The main reason is that the vertex just had so much love put into it.  Travis V3 was easily one of Beyond's best vertexes.  You could really tell that Beyond poured his heart and soul into it and as a result the results were just incredible considering how comparatively limited vertexing is compared to model importing.  This model import doesn't show off Beyond's amazing skills nearly as much, since it was just taken from the game.  Sure you have the whole deal of rigging it and maybe making the texture better but that's really it.

To summarise, this model doesn't show off Beyond's artistry.

HOWEVER, if it was a custom model by Beyond that would be a different story.  I'd be all over it.  My favourite model import is easily Star's custom Bomberman so far.  That thing is a work of art and I'd be all over making a PSA for him if it wasn't for the fact it's over Luigi >.<. I'm also super hyped fro Kratos for the same reason.  

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #881 on: November 24, 2011, 12:39:17 AM »

Easily. As Star said, the vertex has more vibrant textures for one, but that's not the main reason.  The main reason is that the vertex just had so much love put into it.  Travis V3 was easily one of Beyond's best vertexes.  You could really tell that Beyond poured his heart and soul into it and as a result the results were just incredible considering how comparatively limited vertexing is compared to model importing.  This model import doesn't show off Beyond's amazing skills nearly as much, since it was just taken from the game.  Sure you have the whole deal of rigging it and maybe making the texture better but that's really it. To summarise, this model doesn't show off Beyond's artistry. HOWEVER, if it was a custom model by Beyond that would be a different story.  I'd be all over it.  My favourite model import is easily Star's custom Bomberman so far.  That thing is a work of art and I'd be all over making a PSA for him if it wasn't for the fact it's over Luigi >.<. I'm also super hyped fro Kratos for the same reason.  

I respect your opinion but, Id rather have flawless models in brawl than just appreciating a guy i only know from a forum's work IMO.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #882 on: November 24, 2011, 12:47:21 AM »

I respect your opinion but, Id rather have flawless models in brawl than just appreciating a guy i only know from a forum's work IMO.

Fair enough.  I'm keeping the vertex mainly because the improvement between the vertex and the import isn't that much.  It's not like Goku or Zero where the vertex just looks ugly by comparison.  I still strongly feel that Travis v3 looks great.

Though I still also feel that a custom model would've looked better than both.  Not only would it have the potential to look better than the NMH2 model, but it would also show off Beyond's artistic skill.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #883 on: November 24, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »

I dare say that Travis v3 was the best vertex I've ever seen, but the import is still a bit of a step up. Sorry vertex...

How goes Kratos?

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #884 on: November 24, 2011, 02:37:45 AM »

Beyond just wanted to have a vertex version and a import version of Travis because its one of his favorite characters.  Case Closed.  Also, he was able to aquire more knowledge of this import process and  thus he was able to include hurt faces, final smash eyes, etc.
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:42:33 AM by mr.mugenwii » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 157
    Print
    Jump to: