Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on March 28, 2013, 05:23:10 AM
I'm w/ Iwvi. Make it like your avy.
I'd kill for my renders to look HQ.

Whoa, hey. You could totally use Renders for some seriously fancy CSPs.

Most of us have 3Ds Max, after all. We're more or less all capable of them.


I have 3DS Max too, but I have no clue how to make sexy renders like that D:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Nanobuds on March 28, 2013, 04:01:52 AM
Lol guys don't worry. I made his shaders bright so it would look like he glowed. It didn't turn out as Anyways, gimme ideas for his CSP pose. I plan to make them all very high-quality, as close to SJS styled quality as I can.
Here are some sexy ones I found.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I tried making the pose for my avatar the other day. It didn't look too well in BrawlBox.

I'll see how it looks in 3ds max rendering. I'll then be able to apply his spec maps and stuff

Someone should make a tutorial to make sexy renders in 3DS Max. >.>

I still prefer the 2nd pic I showed though. :/
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Well, applying global lighting is easy enough.

Or you can do 3-point lighting, which is relatively simple. I could explain those.


My avatar is cool, but it just doesn't look as well with my model.

I'll post different poses with my models, and y'all can vote in the poll which you like best.

I'll use the rendering in 3ds max.

Can you give me some pointers, Spex? I know the basics of adding specs and stuff, but I'm not too familiar with light editing.

I say use Lee's second pic, the original Brawl CSPs never did use the actual models, and that Shadow pic matches the Brawl style, might need a slight change in the satruation, but I think that it'll look awesome if recolors of that pose were done correctly. :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Nanobuds on March 28, 2013, 03:05:05 PM
My avatar is cool, but it just doesn't look as well with my model.

I'll post different poses with my models, and y'all can vote in the poll which you like best.

I'll use the rendering in 3ds max.

Can you give me some pointers, Spex? I know the basics of adding specs and stuff, but I'm not too familiar with light editing.

So, pretty much for Global Lighting, you'll need 4 things. First off, you'll need to switch renderers to Mental Ray.

Pretty much, go to the top toolbar, click on "Rendering," then on Render Setup. Or hit F10. Either one.

After that, go down to "Assign Renderer," open that up, then click on the box right next to Default Scanline Renderer, and choose Mental Ray.:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


After that, you'll need to put a Skylight somewhere in the scene.

Then, you'll need a character/place/object to render.

Lastly, to get a full effect, having something under the character you're rendering will allow light to reflect from below. It gives a nice effect.

Ex:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Three-Point lighting is a lot easier. Pretty much, you take 3 Omni lights, and arrange them in an amorphous triangle around your target until you like what you see.

Ex: This (Minus the background)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



March 29, 2013, 07:53:12 PM #5709 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:54:19 PM by Nanobuds
I'll try it out. Thanks!

I think you guys will like this...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That shine... It's perfect.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Nanobuds on March 29, 2013, 07:53:12 PM
I think you guys will like this...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There we go, looks much better than before, I agree with Seg, looks perfect. :af2: Also Super Sonic does have a shadow model, and because it uses the same bones as Sonic's (except the sphere bones and polygon), could you replace it with my custom shadow, and then delete the sphere bones and polygon? Just to make sure we don't miss that either? :D I want to make sure that this shadow will be the most perfect Shadow ever made so far on the vault. :happy:
And Flygon, since you were making a shadow as well, maybe you could add some personal touches or whatnot so that it's also perfect, and yet is identable from Nano's. :)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Flygon told me hes dropping his Shadow now.

And I'll add your shadow that you made to the Final Smash

Oh. o well I hope he isn't too upset or anything.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mmm taste the rainbow



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.