Old Fire Emblem thread ~ Moved!

Started by Vert092, November 01, 2011, 12:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 08, 2012, 09:04:14 PM #60 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:07:24 PM by Infernape99
Awesome :D
it is meh or it says link temporaly not evaliable?
Also would ya mind if a make some recolors?
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Woot! Epic model, and I'm having fun with it in 3ds Max XD if only roy was bald
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

hey,hey could you give just the pcs and pac?
man i don't know how to get that in-game
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Infernape99 on January 09, 2012, 01:38:38 AM
hey,hey could you give just the pcs and pac?
man i don't know how to get that in-game

You have to wait for Thany to rig the model and then she'll put it in brawl :3 Just be patient XD She loves Roy so much she probably already started rigging without even posting here first.
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Quote from: Alses on January 09, 2012, 02:59:50 PM
You have to wait for Thany to rig the model and then she'll put it in brawl :3 Just be patient XD She loves Roy so much she probably already started rigging without even posting here first.

lol yeah :P
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


So, erm...I finally had some time to look at this(busy busy busy), and there are some...Problems.

1. I cannot seem to open it in Autodesk 2011, it tells me that it is an "improper file format" if I try to open the 3DS file. I've tried to both "Open" and "Import" it as a 3ds file, but neither seems to work.

2. I can view it as the 1 polygon.obj file via importing in Autodesk, and I've noticed that his default face is still from BY's RoyV3.(And that the model is mirrored, but I assume that's no biggy.)

Comparison picture time!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


  Otherwise, looks good aside from the sheathe's translation, but if it is its own polygon, I can fine-tune it in the future.

I'll wait for the Melee hair as well.
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I added 3 layers of "eyes", one for the white, other for the iris and finally another for the reflection. So just delete two of them.
And about the 3ds file I don't know what happened, the other people posting in this thread seemed to import it fine.

The .3ds doesn't import just the .obj... I just didn't complain earlier because I'm not gonna import it and I don't mind... Sorry for not having told you XP Thought she was gonna use the .obj not the .3ds Still fun to mess around with the model :3
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Hey!
As you know, Megapload is down. Since I always uploaded everything on that site, most of my files were lost.
So I reuploaded Roy in my deviantart gallery, here:
http://vert092.deviantart.com/#/d4nz7k9

Also, some progress, anyone?


*Posts here so I can get updates*

Well, I still cannot get the 3ds file to import.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a plugin or something, but this is the problem that stops me dead in my tracks before any progress can hope to be started...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This goes for both trying to open the file in Autodesk 2011, or importing it. Tried every combination of the settings that appeared in the first pic with the same result each time, and closing that prompt leaves me with nothing...   x__x
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But wasn't the .obj fine?
I can try to reexport the 3ds again if you want.

January 31, 2012, 02:06:43 AM #72 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:57:02 PM by Thany
The .obj did work, but it also made everything one solid object as opposed to individual polygons which would mean the other expressions would always be overlapping and fully visible, as well as other model changer events in PSA not appearing correctly, like, for example, how Marth can switch between his in-hand sword and the sheathed one.

It would be best to try to re-export the 3ds once more, I'd say.

EDIT:

Also, could the Melee hair and the normal face from the model I sent you a while back be applied as well?
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Updated the opening post a bit, now it has the link of my models resource fire emblem page and also has the download link for Heather on her whisper class. Also updated the old megaupload links and sent thany a *hopefully* fixed version of Roy so that she can start working on him.
And new picture of Fir:

Awesome Fir! I gotta say it seems like not much activity going on in this thread. I like all the work you guys have been doing. Wondering if anyone would mind tackling a Hero Ike vertex/model. I've wanted to try my go at one for some time.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM