BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

Quote from: Dr. on October 06, 2013, 11:01:14 PM
Awesome work, BJ.
I've been trying to get the same effect for quite some time now.

Your MDL0 thread is really helpful but I just keep messing up the shaders and things don't look the way I expect them to :/

About Delfino
Maybe  if you compare Samus's materials and shaders... 'cause those seem to work perfectly fine.
Just who chooses Delfino that often anyway? right?


I've had the same problem with one of my PSA's shiny materials. I solved the Delfino glitch by slapping Mario's shader on him. I don't suppose that could help in this case? D:

Quote from: Xaj on October 06, 2013, 06:11:24 PM
It's extremely simple, just hard to explain I guess.
I had started to explain it to you just now but I think instead I'll update my MDL0 documentation thread with some images.




Ok so I MAY OR MAY NOT have it working. I mean, I DUNNO. It COULD be working, MAYBE.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Me likey.

Quote from: 8XSD on October 06, 2013, 10:32:06 PM
whats up with that last pic tho @_@.. made me lol tho xP
Samus wants Mario to lose the overalls. xP
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Thanks guys, but thank Spex too for helping me finish the job.
I'll probably release it soon, but there's a few extra tweaks I need to make.

Quote from: Shun_One on October 06, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
Toon shaders, eh? Impressive work you've got done there. I am pretty certain it is, but adding this effect to other characters is possible, yes?

Yeah, but may be a bit more troublesome to add the cellshading (the outline is easy to add because it's applied at the end) depending on how complex their shaders are already. It was easy to add this to yoko and purple heart because they only use one texture on each object. No spec maps, other highlights, etc.

Quote from: Shun_One on October 06, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
A shame Delfino makes such things flip out though. I'd certainly like to do something about that, but I 'ave no idea where to start.

EDIT: it isn't limited to Delfino either. There are a few stages in SSE (the Falco, Diddy, Fox stage) that cause the same thing to happen.
Quote from: Segtendo on October 06, 2013, 10:36:08 PM
I'm guessing Delfino does that cuz of all the [censored] in the BG.

But what do I know.
Quote from: Dr. on October 06, 2013, 11:01:14 PM
About Delfino
Maybe  if you compare Samus's materials and shaders... 'cause those seem to work perfectly fine.
Just who chooses Delfino that often anyway? right?

The problem only occurs on large maps when a model import has a texture that is animated in any way, either with SRT0 or with setting it to follow the camera.

I'm guessing that large maps are set up to handle model primitives in a different way to allow for such a large stage (for the Wii at least, hehehe) to run. The only difference remaining in model imports from already-existing MDL0s is that they only use triangle primitives, which is why model imports with more vertices tend to lag the game.

I'm assuming the combination of texture animation on a mesh using only triangle primitives and different model handling on large maps is why the model flips out.

Quote from: Dr. on October 06, 2013, 11:01:14 PM
Your MDL0 thread is really helpful but I just keep messing up the shaders and things don't look the way I expect them to :/

It does take a lot of trial and error, but it's easier to get the result you want if you know what everything does. I really do need to update that thread.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on October 06, 2013, 11:32:01 PM
I've had the same problem with one of my PSA's shiny materials. I solved the Delfino glitch by slapping Mario's shader on him. I don't suppose that could help in this case? D:

I'm assuming that turned off the use of the shiny texture that follows the camera right? So that's why it fixed it.

Quote from: Xaj on October 06, 2013, 06:11:24 PM
It's extremely simple, just hard to explain I guess.
I had started to explain it to you just now but I think instead I'll update my MDL0 documentation thread with some images.




Ok so I MAY OR MAY NOT have it working. I mean, I DUNNO. It COULD be working, MAYBE.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dat Samus pic.

newsflash

Started modeling Ikaros again.
Continuing my model of Kurumi.
Started a model of Yami from To Love Ru.

I don't have any previews because either I don't have anything really different done from the last preview or a preview would look lame atm. I'll most likely continue documenting everything I'm working on here even after I stop coding Brawlbox and Ikarus, so yeah. You can look forward to that. :)

also >w>

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Got these for cheap, way less than the usual $100 for pvc figures. 8)
Unfortunately the ikaros one is a chinese counterfeit (right bang doesnt touch the face, the fingers don't touch, the plastic is cheap and bends easily, and the paint job isn't very good in some spots) but that was expected since it was so cheap. I don't care really :P




Oh and I'll have the toon shader+material released soon. I've been really busy lately.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 04, 2013, 01:49:56 AM
newsflash
Started modeling Ikaros again.
Continuing my model of Kurumi.
Started a model of Yami from To Love Ru.

It makes me wonder what you're parents think when you bought those. lol

I want that Tohka figure. >_>
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Hero © on November 04, 2013, 02:06:29 AM


Blrghlrgblauegh
Thats adorbs
Eu da bess

I'll model her if pervy doesnt

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on November 04, 2013, 02:12:43 AM
It makes me wonder what you're parents think when you bought those. lol

I want that Tohka figure. >_>

Lol
My mom: "cool"
My dad: "why did you buy a doll for girls? Weird" .-.

ur dad be on some crazy ass [censored] ._.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I just wanted to make a post with an update for anybody still interested in what I'm doing with my time. :P

I have updated Yoko. She's tristripped now. Tristripped mesh updates for all my other imports are coming soon.

I won't really feel like I can properly leave Brawl modding completely until all my mods are updated. My interest in Brawl modding is literally gone, so that's why it's taken me months just to do this for Yoko, why it's taken 6 days to post an update saying I updated the download, and why I still haven't tristripped my other mods, nor released that cellshade and outline thing I was working on. I'll try to get around to doing all that before the end of the month.

I've been modeling some things on the side of my pc game and ios app development, so I guess I'll just use this thread to showcase what models I'm working on. Maybe even stream every once in a while.

March 26, 2014, 05:03:10 AM #1300 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:13:26 AM by BlackJax96
Okay, now all of my model imports are finally tristripped. All of them have been reduced by approx 50% in point count, so they lag considerably less, if at all anymore.

Also, here's my cellshaded black outline edits for Yoko and Purple Heart.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhtt9b5ilrfta94/Cellshade-Outline%20PH%20%26%20Yoko.rar

The eyes don't have the outline shader applied because I was too lazy to work with the eye shader settings, but you can't really tell unless the lighting hits the eye a certain way.

Also note that the shader doesn't flash when you charge. Didn't get around to adding that, although it's easy to.

Quote from: Wasabi_Skillz on April 02, 2013, 04:55:30 PM
i think zelda also needs a healthy breast expansion. but what's next, big guy?
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on April 02, 2013, 05:06:21 PM
Well Endowed Zelda v0.68.3.14.

wip


I miss all the bull[censored] that went on in this thread, lmao

Oh sweet Arceus. You did it. xD
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

February 01, 2015, 01:16:14 AM #1303 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:17:23 AM by Gamidame_K
I dont think there is a better way to return to model importing that is better than this

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 01, 2015, 12:47:47 AM
Oh sweet Arceus. You did it. xD
Oh yes.



Quote from: Gamidame_K on February 01, 2015, 01:16:14 AM
I dont think there is a better way to return to model importing that is better than this
A BlackJax Quality™ return, I daresay