BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

Alright, the download has been updated with a pm version along with the vbrawl version.

Quote from: spongeman131 on July 13, 2015, 10:04:11 PM
The triforce of well endowed Brawl girls is complete!

EDIT: Is the optional common_en.pac mandatory or something? She's got no eyes and funny stuff goes on when she shields.

It's not mandatory. What are you playing on, Dolphin or Wii? Gecko or Riivo? Vanilla Brawl or P:M? Other mods or no other mods?

July 14, 2015, 02:01:03 AM #1396 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:12:09 AM by spongeman131
Wii, Gecko, Vanilla Brawl, no other Zelda mods installed. I did modify the scale of some of the bones on the model itself. Is that okay or should scale only be modified in the animation set?

July 14, 2015, 02:22:27 AM #1397 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:35:21 AM by BlackJax96
Edit: You can probably ignore most of this post. Your problem is most likely that you didn't use BB v0.76 to edit the character file.




I tested it on Dolphin and on the Wii with Riivo. I didn't test it on the Wii with Gecko though, so it must be a Gecko-related problem.

Gecko has been known for its unforgiving file size limits and lack of support for RSAR among other things, and it seems that this mod is cutting close to the file size limits.

I ask what other mods you have installed because any other mod like a stage, character, or especially global mods (things like BrawlEX or other REL/common edits) could affect this one if they're loaded simultaneously.

Try using the P:M version instead and ignore the motionetc and common_en.pac, just as a test. The character pac filesize is a bit lower.

Quote from: spongeman131 on July 14, 2015, 02:01:03 AMI did modify the scale of some of the bones on the model itself. Is that okay or should scale only be modified in the animation set?

That should be fine, unless you edited bones that are animated. The breast bones aren't animated by a default motionetc so any scale edits to them on the model should work.

Now that I think about it, I used an file size optimization on the final smash eyes and a workaround to make ThrowN keep the same bone index, and the bone at the index ThrowN should be at is scaled with the shield.

That might be the problem, but unfortunately I can't remove those edits.

July 14, 2015, 02:28:34 AM #1398 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:34:35 AM by KingJigglypuff
@spongeman: Did you make sure you edited in v0.76? And not a lower version? As that will mess up the bone magic.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 14, 2015, 02:28:34 AM
Did you make sure you edited in v0.76? And not a lower version? As that will mess up the bone magic.

OH! That will mess up the eyes too, because lower versions can't handle what I did for those either!

There you go. That's gotta be the problem.

July 14, 2015, 03:01:03 AM #1400 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:02:52 AM by spongeman131
That would do it. I'm still using v0.71 XD. Thanks, didn't mean to break the magic.

Just to make sure if I understood it right... Even if we add jiggling animation to the breasts' bones, it will still be wi-fi safe? Or nah?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


July 14, 2015, 03:24:39 AM #1402 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:26:46 AM by BlackJax96
Yep, it's fully wifi safe. The only bones that will desync wifi if animated any differently are any bone that influences hitbox/hurtbox collisions or moves the character in world space (like TransN).

If you only animate BreastN, BreastR1 or BreastL1, you're good to go!

Quote from: spongeman131 on July 14, 2015, 03:01:03 AM
That would do it. I'm still using v0.71 XD. Thanks, didn't mean to break the magic.

No prob, I did use quite a lot of newer tricks to get it all working.

July 14, 2015, 03:28:48 AM #1403 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:45:45 AM by Ricky D. (Br3)
That's great, and not just because of this hack. I can see that being used for a lot of great character modifications used added bones.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


July 14, 2015, 03:47:21 AM #1404 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:49:23 AM by BlackJax96
Yup. The feature's in BB v0.76, although it does seem to be a bit buggy sometimes. Luckily it worked fine for this in particular. If you open the mod in v0.76 and look at the bone index for ThrowN, it's lower than BreastN, which is earlier in the hierarchy.

Remapping bone indices has been speculated about since before the model importer was even added, and I just recently figured out how to program a feature to do it. It was actually simpler than I thought :T

With it you can add and rig as many extra bones as you want without having to edit the PSA at all and without worrying about wifi desync, as long as you don't change the hierarchy of any of the bones I mentioned above.

Basically MAGIC.

Funny! While working on the new stage I'm making, I noticed those options! "Regenerate bone array" and "Move to the end of bone array"!

I understood what they did, but I didn't realize that it was the key for that!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 14, 2015, 03:47:21 AM
Yup. The feature's in BB v0.76, although it does seem to be a bit buggy sometimes. Luckily it worked fine for this in particular. If you open the mod in v0.76 and look at the bone index for ThrowN, it's lower than BreastN, which is earlier in the hierarchy.

Remapping bone indices has been speculated about since before the model importer was even added, and I just recently figured out how to program a feature to do it. It was actually simpler than I thought :T

With it you can add and rig as many extra bones as you want without having to edit the PSA at all and without worrying about wifi desync, as long as you don't change the hierarchy of any of the bones I mentioned above.

Basically MAGIC.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

July 14, 2015, 04:37:54 AM #1407 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:09:03 AM by spongeman131
Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 14, 2015, 03:47:21 AM
Yup. The feature's in BB v0.76, although it does seem to be a bit buggy sometimes. Luckily it worked fine for this in particular. If you open the mod in v0.76 and look at the bone index for ThrowN, it's lower than BreastN, which is earlier in the hierarchy.

Remapping bone indices has been speculated about since before the model importer was even added, and I just recently figured out how to program a feature to do it. It was actually simpler than I thought :T

With it you can add and rig as many extra bones as you want without having to edit the PSA at all and without worrying about wifi desync, as long as you don't change the hierarchy of any of the bones I mentioned above.

Basically MAGIC.

I should go and update my hacks with this magic. How does one become a harry wizard with BB?

July 14, 2015, 07:40:50 PM #1408 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:11:40 PM by KingJigglypuff
We have Cosmetics! [I was going to submit these (except the original renders) to the main submission, but I didn't want BJ to be spammed with BrawlVault PMs.]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 14, 2015, 07:32:48 PMI used the Win2Wait pose that BJ used for his preview, and it turned out alright. But if you want a custom pose, then just say so.

Original Renders:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSPs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BPs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSS Icon (Brawl)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CSS Icon (Project M)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

July 14, 2015, 08:05:50 PM #1409 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:07:30 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: spongeman131 on July 14, 2015, 04:37:54 AM
I should go and update my hacks with this magic. How does one become a harry wizard with BB?

In BB v0.76 you can either directly set the bone index of your extra bone in the properties window or right click the bone and choose "move to the end of bone array" (which you want to do for extra bones). And if you want to reset all bone indices to be in order you can choose "regenerate bone array".

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 14, 2015, 07:40:50 PM
We have Cosmetics! [I was going to submit these (except the original renders) to the main submission, but I didn't want BJ to be spammed with BrawlVault PMs.]


kjpls, the squished dimensions on the CSPs and the CSS icon. <_>

Also if you go to Options -> Settings -> General in the model editor and check "per pixel lighting", the specular highlights won't look like pentagons.