BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 18, 2011, 09:34:44 PM
It's not because of vertex count exactly. I know that for a fact cuz one of my imports didn't work until I reduced the texture sizes. (and it had a lot of vertices)
Isn't there a max size as to how big can the .PNG for the textures be, though?


Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 18, 2011, 09:40:31 PM
1024 x 1024
And were you over that size when this happened?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 18, 2011, 09:34:44 PM
It's not because of vertex count exactly. I know that for a fact cuz one of my imports didn't work until I reduced the texture sizes. (and it had a lot of vertices)

Or are you saying you had to go for a size smaller than 1024x1024?

Quote from: Albafika on December 18, 2011, 09:43:45 PM
And were you over that size when this happened?

Or are you saying you had to go for a size smaller than 1024x1024?

The images were originally 512 x 512 or smaller. I had to reduce them by about 2x the original size. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 18, 2011, 09:45:27 PM
The images were originally 512 x 512 or smaller. I had to reduce them by about 2x the original size. :srs:
And the vertices count was smaller than the character that model was going over? ._.

Quote from: Albafika on December 18, 2011, 09:46:21 PM
And the vertices count was smaller than the character that model was going over? ._.

Nope, but it worked.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 18, 2011, 09:50:31 PM
Nope, but it worked.
So, you risked texture space for more vertices, in other words...

I don't like the idea of having more vertices than the original thing, as I think it could lag in a 4vs4 against certain characters...

Yup, according to Roo's snapshots, Flan looks great and so does Yoko. Someday I'd like to see a video of Yoko.

Quote from: King Cold on December 19, 2011, 04:03:37 AM
Yup, according to Roo's snapshots, Flan looks great and so does Yoko. Someday I'd like to see a video of Yoko.

Yep, imma make a vid when she's done.

Right now, the whole ponytail is only rigged to the first ponytail bone, and it looks a little bit odd. I wanna try to see if I can drag the bones to fit the ponytail, rig it, and then fix it to work, even if I have to code stuff to do it.

Sure it won't be wifi-safe, but why the hell would anybody be hacking on wifi in the first place? :srs:

Exactly, hacking in Wifi is pointless. The whole idea of hacking is for fun. Which is why I'd also love it if Miku had pigtail bones.

Does this mean Yoko won't be oneslot?

Quote from: King Cold on December 19, 2011, 05:05:49 AM
Exactly, hacking in Wifi is pointless. The whole idea of hacking is for fun. Which is why I'd also love it if Miku had pigtail bones.

Does this mean Yoko won't be oneslot?

I have an idea on how to make it one-slot, but I don't know if it'll break the ponytail wind physics or not.

Hmmm, that's a good point to consider, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. :)

Quote from: King Cold on December 19, 2011, 05:14:23 AM
Hmmm, that's a good point to consider, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. :)

I just checked the motionetc of ZSS, and the ponytail isn't animated on any animations. That means my idea should work. I'll only try it out once I have the model finished though, so I can revert what I've done just in case.

Yeah, if it isn't animated at all in the motion file, it should work. I don't think it'll fail.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 18, 2011, 06:17:54 PM


[censored]ing epic!

She's gonna be a great first blog post on LST.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.