Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Silent crash before Results screen  (Read 1395 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 23, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »

As the title suggests, I've been getting a silent crash randomly when loading the results screen. I've never had this happen before, and the crash doesn't seem to be character specific either. It almost seems to occur at pure random, though the only things I've added recently before it started occuring were the Peach replacment for Wario and a couple of model imports that have all worked without crashing.

tl;dr: Are there any common causes for a silent crash before the results screen?

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »

That happened to me when some of my results screen portraits were compressed.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »

A common cause is a collision failure in the stage played right before the results screen enters... But if you've not changed stages, this isn't the good direction I suppose.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »

Yeah, this happens to me if I hold down before exiting a match, but only on hacked stages.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »

@BlackJax96  I'm still using the default result screen pics, so I doubt that's the cause
    @Mewtwo2000  I've not had a problem with these stages before, and it seems to occur on any stage at pure random.

Thanks for the suggestions regardless though, I'm going to revert some of my changes and see if I can determine what's causing it through process of elimination.

EDIT: I took off the Peach port over Wario and it seemed to resolve the issue, or atleast I didn't encounter it during my time of playing. I still don't understand how it would affect the game without that character being in play though... Unless perhaps some of the codes necessary for the port were causing the issue? Either way, I suppose I'll just stop using it for now. Thanks to everyone who helped.
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:16:45 PM by secretchaos1 » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »

@BlackJax96  I'm still using the default result screen pics, so I doubt that's the cause
    @Mewtwo2000  I've not had a problem with these stages before, and it seems to occur on any stage at pure random.

Thanks for the suggestions regardless though, I'm going to revert some of my changes and see if I can determine what's causing it through process of elimination.

EDIT: I took off the Peach port over Wario and it seemed to resolve the issue, or atleast I didn't encounter it during my time of playing. I still don't understand how it would affect the game without that character being in play though... Unless perhaps some of the codes necessary for the port were causing the issue? Either way, I suppose I'll just stop using it for now. Thanks to everyone who helped.
    i think i know the problem probably wario or peach calls an article during result screen you should just use the no result screen articles code and try again

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: