Project: Geno The WoodDoll from Super Mario RPG: Released(remember its a Beta)

Started by DoctorFlux(Mariodk), December 01, 2011, 05:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

does geno work for you?

it works perfect no bugs/freezes(but that geno gets eated by wario)
28 (75.7%)
Geno freeze then i select a stage or use a attack
5 (13.5%)
geno got weird bugs like GFXs is all wrong,textures is messed up,attacks makes geno die
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

that looks crazy
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Quote from: LJSTAR on February 24, 2012, 11:20:26 PM
I tried to improve my Canon model, .... I hope there isn't to many verticles ...



LJ! That is beautiful and perfect! VERY well done! :3

My response to the Cannon Model.

HOL-E-MOTHER OF GAWD! O.O

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Mariodk on February 24, 2012, 11:34:47 PMGeno will be out tomorrow (hope i get the model of new canon soon :D) SMBZ mario V3 i working on right now and that attack up GFX model i will get ingame tomorrow too so possible my big release day is tomorrow too bad Dot is not done with majin buus texture so they is going to be 60-70% brawl styled cuz i made Geno moveset while he was working on texture and texture is much faster Done then moveset is so Dot taking too long time
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Wow, Thanks a lot guys  :laugh:

The front of the canon is also done :



I think the model is pretty much finished but ... I don't know, When I do 3D modeling I'm alway like "I finished" and the day after "I should add this or that !" so ...  :laugh:

as i said just send then you is done for me it looks done :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Wow Mariodk, at first I ignored Geno completely, but after seeing all of your work and progress, I so totally want that PSA :P



but i mean, totally animated, the principal canon should move too, and marioDK, i keep repeating myself with this, but u make ur final smashes too short...
give it a few seconds to prepare, even if those seconds the screen is frozen to avoid ppl hiding, its just for the FS effect it should have... right now it looks great as a working move, but it doesnt have the epic feel a final smash should have, looks more like an overpowered regular attack...

my points in how to make the FS better are:

1- make an intro animation, where geno moves around preparing to transform, instead of instantly becoming the cannon and attacking.
2- the canon should have bones controlling the following parts: a main bone, of course, a bone that controlls the rotation, which is already done, and a bone that controls the inner canon, if u look at it, it looks like two canons merged, that has a function, before shooting, the inner canon should get a bit out, and when it shoots, it should be blasted back inside.
3- make the FS punishable, when he finishes, u should also make an ending animation...
maybe 2, one for when he hits someone, and one for when he doesnt...

those are my two cents ^^


Quote from: Velen on February 25, 2012, 01:28:19 AM
Add the Meshsmooth modifier.

The issue with that is it might up the poly count, and it can't be too high due to restrictions on PSA size.

Quote from: DARKSHADEDX on February 25, 2012, 01:32:29 AM
The issue with that is it might up the poly count, and it can't be too high due to restrictions on PSA size.

Size it down, then size it back up via PSA?

Also. Trying to put a Cherry Bom motif on Geno's hat...



It's not going as well as it looks... I blame the UVs.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Sizing it won't make a difference, because the amount of polygon's should remain constant no matter what size a model is, if it is simply scaling that is.

And eh I like your cherry bom idea, it's all very clever.

Quote from: jokekid on February 25, 2012, 01:24:05 AM
but i mean, totally animated, the principal canon should move too, and marioDK, i keep repeating myself with this, but u make ur final smashes too short...
give it a few seconds to prepare, even if those seconds the screen is frozen to avoid ppl hiding, its just for the FS effect it should have... right now it looks great as a working move, but it doesnt have the epic feel a final smash should have, looks more like an overpowered regular attack...

my points in how to make the FS better are:

1- make an intro animation, where geno moves around preparing to transform, instead of instantly becoming the cannon and attacking.
2- the canon should have bones controlling the following parts: a main bone, of course, a bone that controlls the rotation, which is already done, and a bone that controls the inner canon, if u look at it, it looks like two canons merged, that has a function, before shooting, the inner canon should get a bit out, and when it shoots, it should be blasted back inside.
3- make the FS punishable, when he finishes, u should also make an ending animation...
maybe 2, one for when he hits someone, and one for when he doesnt...

those are my two cents ^^

He's trying to stay true to the move in Super Mario RPG, I'm not really seeing what's wrong with it if I'm honest. But I see your point.


Quote from: DARKSHADEDX on February 25, 2012, 01:41:54 AM
Sizing it won't make a difference, because the amount of polygon's should remain constant no matter what size a model is, if it is simply scaling that is.

And eh I like your cherry bom idea, it's all very clever.

You don't sound too impressed. = \

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302