WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: JDub on October 05, 2012, 02:00:27 AM
I'm loving how much One Piece there is in this thread as of late. Brawl needed more One Piece.

Also, I'm not all that well-versed in model rigging, but I'm noticing all the character hacks have some screwed up arms, particularly near the shoulders. Are the characters' shoulders just to narrow or is it something else?

bad rigging o-o
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

I dunno, can you link to some examples?

Also: Somebody needs to make a Spike Spegial hack.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: JoeTE on October 04, 2012, 06:05:17 PM
I'm working on a Maskless version of Meta Knight's Brawl model...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's pretty impressive... I'd assume it will be Wifi safe yeah? Very nice indeed. I'll have to use this when it comes out. Embarrass Meta Knight a bit.

Plus, this seems like a pretty big step for characters with only one expression, and other Meta Knight hacks.

Quote from: JDub on October 05, 2012, 02:00:27 AM
Also, I'm not all that well-versed in model rigging, but I'm noticing all the character hacks have some screwed up arms, particularly near the shoulders. Are the characters' shoulders just to narrow or is it something else?
Depending on the character, some have special sleeve bones (like Ike) which are hard to work with.
But yeah, usually it's bad rigging.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: Pik on October 05, 2012, 02:01:57 AM
I dunno, can you link to some examples?

Also: Somebody needs to make a Spike Spegial hack.

I agree with this so much. Was there ever a Cowboy Beebop game to take models from though?

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on October 05, 2012, 02:18:32 AM
I agree with this so much. Was there ever a Cowboy Beebop game to take models from though?
You know... Come to think of it, I think there was a PS2 game for Cowboy Bebop.

Though it would likely need touch ups.

October 05, 2012, 03:00:57 AM #5316 Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:03:13 AM by Pik
Yeah, the model's kind of aged a bit. When I'm not doing anything, I'd be happy to make a new model~~~~~

But I'm doing stuff right now.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on October 05, 2012, 02:13:46 AM
That's pretty impressive... I'd assume it will be Wifi safe yeah? Very nice indeed. I'll have to use this when it comes out. Embarrass Meta Knight a bit.

Plus, this seems like a pretty big step for characters with only one expression, and other Meta Knight hacks.

The model itself is completely Wi-fi safe.
I can't fully confirm whether the SRT0 animations are wi-fi safe, but they seem to be working fine thus far (a few hours ago, I played matches while using a few altered SRT0 animations.)


Also, part of the fun in making this was the way I handled the eye and mouth textures.

The eye texture has both the left eye and a mirrored copy of it at a lower portion of the image. Same for the mouth (but with 3 layered "frames" instead of 2.)

When I want to change which mouth shows, all I do is shift the UV's y-axis up or down (via keyframe manipulation) to show the mouth image I want to use for any specific frames.

Logically, I can use that same method with the eyes to do this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Snoopy on October 05, 2012, 03:21:23 AM
sometimes making models yourself is pretty fun.

*amazing image of custom 3D O'Chunks modeled over one of my favorite Brawl characters*
I can't wait to see that finished!
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Wow, that's pretty epic. Nice job figuring this stuff out, haha...

Hey, aren't you from tSR??
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Snoopy on October 05, 2012, 03:21:23 AM
sometimes making models yourself is pretty fun.


I love you.

Quote from: Snoopy on October 05, 2012, 03:21:23 AM
sometimes making models yourself is pretty fun.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks like he'll be on DK. Is that right?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 05, 2012, 05:11:38 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks like he'll be on DK. Is that right?
I KNEW he looked familiar :srs:

Now I know who is that.

Quote from: Snoopy on October 05, 2012, 03:21:23 AM
sometimes making models yourself is pretty fun.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
  YAY!!! 
Also.

Quote from: Pervy on October 04, 2012, 06:30:43 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]