WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 12, 2012, 05:52:26 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I would play with that model. ** interpret that as you want**
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: Iwvi on December 12, 2012, 09:00:04 PM
@ Randomizer:
That is because brawl can't handle materials created from submaterials. So, you need to separete models by texture.
Rigging separate objects does not necesarrily create gaps, you can fix that by weighting the vertices that should be together to the same bone.
However It is easier to rig a single object, in most cases.
And there is in fact a way to separate objects after already rigged. I know some rigging tricks, like attaching, detaching keeping rig, moving objects to other bonesets etc.

If it is easier for you to rig as a single object do so, and separate them when you are done. Just clone the object and delete accordingly. Lets say his wings need to be detached from the main body. You clone the body and call it wings. On the body object delete the wings, and on the wing object delete the body. All this with the Edit Mesh/poly below the skin modyfier. Good luck with Bahamunt, seems to be giving you trouble, I hope you manage to pull it off.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. What do you mean by "cloning" the object? I know nothing regarding that, so once I rig it, I'll let someone do the detached objects for me since I don't trust myself to do it.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 12, 2012, 10:30:10 PM
That makes a lot of sense, actually. What do you mean by "cloning" the object? I know nothing regarding that, so once I rig it, I'll let someone do the detached objects for me since I don't trust myself to do it.
In 3ds max you can select an object(s) and right click and select clone. Make sure copy is the selected button in the popup window. Highlight everything you want to separate, then right click and hit detach. When cloning make sure the skin modifier is off, then turn it back on after it's cloned.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: toonlink444 on December 13, 2012, 01:32:48 AM
In 3ds max you can select an object(s) and right click and select clone. Make sure copy is the selected button in the popup window. Highlight everything you want to separate, then right click and hit detach. When cloning make sure the skin modifier is off, then turn it back on after it's cloned.

Thanks for the explanation! Is there a reason why the vertices separate when blending even though it's a single object?  That shouldn't be happening.

Collab with SJS. Juri over Shiek



Quote from: Nanobuds on December 13, 2012, 02:37:01 AM
Collab with SJS. Juri over Shiek



I've been watching his portrait thread :P
Can't wait to see more :af:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: the_randomizer on December 13, 2012, 01:54:21 AM
Thanks for the explanation! Is there a reason why the vertices separate when blending even though it's a single object?  That shouldn't be happening.
It can happen, it's making the object equally weighed on the bones. If it means leaving an empty space it will still happen. It's happened to me, when rigging arms especially.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 13, 2012, 01:54:21 AM
Thanks for the explanation! Is there a reason why the vertices separate when blending even though it's a single object?  That shouldn't be happening.
It means those verts arent connected together. It can be the same object, but separate elements.

Quote from: Nanobuds on December 13, 2012, 03:14:56 AM
It means those verts arent connected together. It can be the same object, but separate elements.
Glad I was corrected, thank you.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Why are the vertices separating/forming gaps when it's only a single object rig?

Because they aren't welded.

Weld them.

December 13, 2012, 04:15:37 AM #7226 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:40:36 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: toonlink444 on December 13, 2012, 03:02:36 AM
It can happen, it's making the object equally weighed on the bones. If it means leaving an empty space it will still happen. It's happened to me, when rigging arms especially.

What do you do in that situation?

Quote from: Ridley-G on December 13, 2012, 03:31:48 AM
Because they aren't welded.

Weld them.

That simple, huh?  Wasn't aware of that.

Post Merge: December 13, 2012, 05:40:36 AM

Weird, there's no option called "detach" when right clicking the object...what the crap?

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 13, 2012, 04:15:37 AM
What do you do in that situation?

That simple, huh?  Wasn't aware of that.

Post Merge: December 13, 2012, 05:40:36 AM

Weird, there's no option called "detach" when right clicking the object...what the crap?
lmao xD

go to the modifier tab, and add "Vertex Weld" and set it to 0.01 or 0.001.. u may have to fix ur rig back up tho after doing that.

anyways... started revamping great bay... its starting to get that "melee" feel to it now
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on December 13, 2012, 10:50:10 AM
lmao xD

go to the modifier tab, and add "Vertex Weld" and set it to 0.01 or 0.001.. u may have to fix ur rig back up tho after doing that.

anyways... started revamping great bay... its starting to get that "melee" feel to it now
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lol the moon looks kinda like he's shooting laser beams out of his eyes onto the bay.

Quote from: DSX8 on December 13, 2012, 10:50:10 AManyways... started revamping great bay... its starting to get that "melee" feel to it now
About damn time. :srs:
Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 13, 2012, 10:51:56 AMLol the moon looks kinda like he's shooting laser beams out of his eyes onto the bay.
Were all doomed! :oshi:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509