WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

if you weld it u'll get trouble, cuz then u cant just detach it iirc

Quote from: joke. on December 13, 2012, 01:10:26 PM
if you weld it u'll get trouble, cuz then u cant just detach it iirc

Then I'm damned to have this rig never see the light of day then.  I need to detach it once I clone it.

Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 13, 2012, 10:51:56 AM
Lol the moon looks kinda like he's shooting laser beams out of his eyes onto the bay.
he should make that version xD

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 13, 2012, 03:49:49 PM
Then I'm damned to have this rig never see the light of day then.  I need to detach it once I clone it.

dude, it's not that hard to rig separated stuff, i'll check something out and i'll PM u something, dont forget this thread is for people just to see and know about what mods are in process, not about asking for help nor helping people

Quote from: joke. on December 13, 2012, 01:10:26 PM
if you weld it u'll get trouble, cuz then u cant just detach it iirc
Wrong, Even if something is welded you can detach it after it is rigged. You clone it, and select the faces you want to detach then delete those, and on the other object delete the oposite. Go test it out, Grab a rigged character, clone it, on one object delete some faces on his chest, and on the other object delete everything but those faces. Move the bones and It will still move as it should (would not look smooth but normals can fix that).

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 13, 2012, 11:01:56 AM
Were all doomed! :oshi:
Its a
*puts on sunglasses*
Silent Doom
:vyse:

Made for a Tails psa.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com


Quote from: Iwvi on December 14, 2012, 02:24:03 AM
Wrong, Even if something is welded you can detach it after it is rigged. You clone it, and select the faces you want to detach then delete those, and on the other object delete the oposite. Go test it out, Grab a rigged character, clone it, on one object delete some faces on his chest, and on the other object delete everything but those faces. Move the bones and It will still move as it should (would not look smooth but normals can fix that).

See that's where I get lost the whole, vertex welding/deleting the faces, etc.  Maybe I'll just have someone do it once I get it rigged because knowing my track record, I'd botch it up.  Screenshots/videos would help explain it.

I really hope you're able to figure something out randomizer.

Annyways...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Aafyre on December 14, 2012, 06:16:23 AM
I really hope you're able to figure something out randomizer.

Annyways...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
?
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.



Quote from: Aafyre on December 14, 2012, 06:20:26 AM
Well done, my boy. Well done.

Mother. Of. God. Yes.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 14, 2012, 06:41:57 AM
I'll just have someone else do the transition from single to separate once I get it rigged. I'm sick of this WIP not going anywhere, I'm sick of not being able to figure out the best way to approach these very obstacles that inhibit my progress, and frankly, it pisses me off.  I should be able to rig it on my end, and have someone do the dirty work without losing what I rigged, right?
Really, it is not something to hard to do. You are too hard on yourself, relax, modding should be fun, not frustrating. I'll write a tutorial covering some of the tricks I have mentioned and learned during trial and error importing. For now, continue rigging bahamunt. Stop complaining on the thread or asking for help. Personally I don't mind, but as some have pointed out, this annoys others and is kind of off-topic. You could start help threads instead. Anyway, hope you don't give up with importing bahamunt, and are succesfull at it.

December 14, 2012, 07:59:50 AM #7243 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:27:21 AM by the_randomizer
Changed, thread created

Quote from: Aafyre on December 14, 2012, 06:16:23 AM
Annyways...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Magus!

Hell yes.