WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

If you're browsing the generations mods, I've got dibs on the Mario and Somari models when Daku Neko finishes Super Mario Generations. :>.>:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

:srs: fine.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on September 02, 2013, 10:49:13 PM
something im working on. I need to fix it up, but the model is so... awkward...

[spoiler]
I actually like it, its diffirent yet similar
Stupid Tinypic :C

What could be causing this? :o



September 03, 2013, 04:37:04 PM #11569 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:37:59 PM by Optimuskirby
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on September 03, 2013, 03:49:55 PM
What could be causing this? :o



OH BOY! i love glitchhack!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I decided to play around with some of the textures of my medic before I went and rigged it. Here's the result:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What do you guys think? I don't know how I feel about the red section... do you think I should make that grey too?

I'm also considering redoing the textures according to this: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73559, but that would be later on if I decide to do it.
Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Quote from: Optimuskirby on September 03, 2013, 04:37:04 PM
OH BOY! i love glitchhack!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

nope :P it's on Lucas

Quote from: pikazz on September 02, 2013, 01:20:40 PM
testing my own skeleton and rig


how is it?
The main issue with the wing animation that I see is that the two fingers/prongs/whatever of the wing stay relatively the same compared to each other while stretching out away from the body. This causes the two flaps to greatly differ in size. That, combined with the the way the two fingers stay in that pose, make it look more like hands grabbing outwards or something than proper wing flapping. I recommend referencing other bat animations, including maybe Meta Knight's.
Click for my stuff:


sonicbrawler i like that miku hack too :)
sooo cute <3

Quote from: ChaosEpsilon613 on September 02, 2013, 05:18:17 PMI'm loving that Patchy
I still have to get rid of 2000 verties on this model,  so I hope it still looks so good after that...

Quote from: Peardian on September 03, 2013, 08:05:36 PM
The main issue with the wing animation that I see is that the two fingers/prongs/whatever of the wing stay relatively the same compared to each other while stretching out away from the body. This causes the two flaps to greatly differ in size. That, combined with the the way the two fingers stay in that pose, make it look more like hands grabbing outwards or something than proper wing flapping. I recommend referencing other bat animations, including maybe Meta Knight's.
now thats a great criticsm! thanks xD I fix those 2 "Inner" bat bone on the wing to make it more "Fly" than strecting hands! not that proud over those 2 at placement xD
Stupid Tinypic :C

Ah so that's what everyone was talking about with the animation looking bad.
Now on the subject of Dry Bones being destroyed, that happened to me when importing Mario over Toon Link. I was importing the SM64 Mario import over Young Link for Ocarina of Time, and when testing it in game the model exploded just like yours, I fixed it be deleting the rig and bones and reimporting the boneset and trying again making sure I didn't like accidently move the bones in 3ds Max. Try that because from the looks of it, only the shoes and gloves had any real rig and the rest being single binded so it shouldn't take that long to redo it. Also this is why it's always smart to test the model during rigging, like export the dae and put test at the end and see it if works, then work on the rig some more, and test it again. I hope this solves it, he looks pretty good besides him turning yellow in that one picture, don't know whats happening there. :-/
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

September 03, 2013, 09:54:58 PM #11577 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:59:22 PM by Mareeo 64
The yellow was probly the eye texture reacting to the messed up model. I noticed that only the shell and eyes are missing, and both are only rigged to onne bone. Maybe if I rig v them to more than one bone each, that'll fix it.

Scratch that, I just reread your post and understood it better X) I'll reimport the bones

Quote from: Peardian on September 03, 2013, 08:05:36 PM
The main issue with the wing animation that I see is that the two fingers/prongs/whatever of the wing stay relatively the same compared to each other while stretching out away from the body. This causes the two flaps to greatly differ in size. That, combined with the the way the two fingers stay in that pose, make it look more like hands grabbing outwards or something than proper wing flapping. I recommend referencing other bat animations, including maybe Meta Knight's.
Now, that is what I was trying to say. I just didn't know how to call the "finger" things. I also thought they looked like a hand, since the last two move together and "stiff".

Quote from: Iwvi on September 03, 2013, 11:30:30 PM
Now, that is what I was trying to say. I just didn't know how to call the "finger" things. I also thought they looked like a hand, since the last two move together and "stiff".
I did rig those 2 inner "bat" wing bones and they do move actually, not as much as it should be D:
Stupid Tinypic :C