WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 05, 2014, 12:13:42 AM
I think the limit is about 18,000 before you start noticing lag.
how I wish that was true...
even if 18 000 were the limit, that filesize would be abnormal

Quote from: Gamidame on August 05, 2014, 01:09:26 AM
even if 18 000 were the limit, that filesize would be abnormal

Yep, completely true.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

that is why u reduce texture size and or combine u v maps to have lessbtextures per model

August 05, 2014, 02:15:54 AM #15783 Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:19:54 AM by Eternal Yoshi
Guys you are all way off base.

The limit I would say is 10,000 on screen from one character at a time before lag happens.

Keep in mind that while characters in Brawl have more than that, those are all characters that have multiple facial expressions that are never all on screen at once, and therefore aren't rendered or relevant to lag, only file size.

If you want to measure lag, hide/remove the other facial expressions and only count the normal facial expression with the rest of the body. Note that none of the Brawl characters go over 10K with only 1 face.

Oh and don't forget to make sure your node count isn't 150 more than the normal character; if you follow the guideline I set in this post regarding poly/tri count, you'll be fine.

Nayru
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Finally starting to T-pose this model Spex gave me a long time ago, it will take a while though, because it's my first time doing a T-pose.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: zeldadove on August 05, 2014, 07:05:34 PM
Nayru
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

nairoo pls

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: zeldadove on August 05, 2014, 07:05:34 PM
Nayru
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Hate to be the one to give you an honest critique , but you're a bit off on the model there. Lots of adjustments to be made...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on August 06, 2014, 01:53:49 AM
Hate to be the one to give you an honest critique , but you're a bit off on the model there. Lots of adjustments to be made...
like what?

Well the hair does look a bit different on you model compared to the drawing, and her eyes are bit bigger. Those may or may not be the things Velen was talking about.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

From what I see:
-Hair is off, most noticeable on the spike it has on top.
-Eyes are bigger than the reference.
-And she looks kinda thinner in the reference, this I'm not sure, since perspective makes it a bit hard to ascertain.

Overall the model needs adjustment to fit with the reference.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Iwvi on August 06, 2014, 03:01:22 AM
From what I see:
-Hair is off, most noticeable on the spike it has on top.
-Eyes are bigger than the reference.
-And she looks kinda thinner in the reference, this I'm not sure, since perspective makes it a bit hard to ascertain.
heres the tweaked version
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm texturing it right now

why am I doing this? I hate her

Quote from: Gamidame_K on August 07, 2014, 06:32:54 AM
why am I doing this? I hate her
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't know. Maybe you need a new punching bag?