WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Something I'm importing as a side project while I finish up Airman's model. Anyone want to guess who it's over?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: TurboChaos on September 25, 2014, 08:31:14 PM
Something I'm importing as a side project while I finish up Airman's model. Anyone want to guess who it's over?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Squirtle?
Pm if you want to add me on 3ds
My fc is 0018 2359 9048

September 25, 2014, 08:48:04 PM #16412 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:49:10 PM by russmarrs2
Oh nice, over Olimar I'm assuming, speaking of Pokemon X and Y mods
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


September 25, 2014, 08:51:18 PM #16414 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:54:16 PM by ShadowLuigi-NG-
I guess it could also fit over Popo and Nana.

Post Merge: September 25, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

Quote from: russmarrs2 on September 25, 2014, 08:48:04 PM
Oh nice, over Olimar I'm assuming, speaking of Pokemon X and Y mods
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Your Yvetal? looks better imo.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on September 25, 2014, 08:51:18 PM Your Yvetal? looks better imo.
Lol, thank you. I made it quite some time before the game actually came out so I had to mostly only use this picture to base the model off of:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

September 25, 2014, 09:37:23 PM #16416 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:56:00 PM by Majora-Sama
And lo and behold, she be done.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm going to run through my design sketches and make sure I didn't miss anything like the forgetful dongus that I am, but if anyone would like to volunteer to map it and/or rig it? If you get me the unwrapped texture maps, I'll gladly make the textures myself, it's just the actual mapping and rigging that are my roadblocks.

Also, we're at about 10.7k for Polys when I convert everything to Editable Mesh. Considering Zelda is somewhere in the 9k range, I feel I've done fairly well. Can someone that knows what they're talking about back up my pride here?

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on September 25, 2014, 08:51:18 PM
I guess it could also fit over Popo and Nana.

Post Merge: September 25, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

Your Yvetal? looks better imo.

I don't know what brand of glasses you're wearing, but you'd better upgrade. You're calling a poor model BETTER than the -official- X/Y model.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

September 25, 2014, 09:59:14 PM #16418 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:00:20 PM by russmarrs2
Quote from: Majora-Sama on September 25, 2014, 09:37:23 PM
And lo and behold, she be done.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks awesome!
Quote from: LC-DDM on September 25, 2014, 09:47:11 PM
You're calling a poor model BETTER than the -official- X/Y model.
thanks... jk, but it wasn't so bad before any gameplay of him was shown and that picture was the only thing you could compare it to...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

September 25, 2014, 10:30:36 PM #16419 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:33:16 PM by ShadowLuigi-NG-
Quote from: LC-DDM on September 25, 2014, 09:47:11 PM
I don't know what brand of glasses you're wearing, but you'd better upgrade. You're calling a poor model BETTER than the -official- X/Y model.

Honestly, the largest differences are the neck fur and horns. There, Nintendo did their part. Other than those things, russ actually provided cleaner textures and more picture accurate proportions. The official one's upper torso is a bit too stocky and lacks much arm detail. I won't complete much about texture quality. It is their first full 3D handheld Pokemon game. Textures had to be compressed by a good amount.


Welp I'm an idjit. You can't see it in the image I just showed, but I forgot to give her a binding for her braid. I'll fix that soon enough....probably tomorrow if I'm not too swept up in Hyrule Warriors.

September 26, 2014, 12:11:43 AM #16421 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:26:31 AM by russmarrs2
Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on September 25, 2014, 10:30:36 PM
Honestly, the largest differences are the neck fur and horns. There, Nintendo did their part. Other than those things, russ actually provided cleaner textures and more picture accurate proportions. The official one's upper torso is a bit too stocky and lacks much arm detail. I won't complete much about texture quality. It is their first full 3D handheld Pokemon game. Textures had to be compressed by a good amount.
Yeah, both you and LC-DDM I think are right, Pokemon does have a high quality model (which should be obvious of course, lol), but mine is pretty accurate to that picture as well. If the 2 models were like mixed, they'd be perfect xD

September 26, 2014, 12:20:28 AM #16422 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:22:24 AM by Bad Box Art Mega Man
Quote from: LC-DDM on September 25, 2014, 09:47:11 PM
I don't know what brand of glasses you're wearing, but you'd better upgrade. You're calling a poor model BETTER than the -official- X/Y model.
i wear no classes, and my vision is 20/20, but i can safely say that that model is on level of quality with the actual model.
Quote from: Majora-Sama on September 25, 2014, 09:37:23 PM
And lo and behold, she be done.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

what about the facial markings; like in your profile pic?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on September 26, 2014, 12:20:28 AM
i wear no classes, and my vision is 20/20, but i can safely say that that model is on level of quality with the actual model.what about the facial markings; like in your profile pic?
The model just has solid colors for reference and for us to understand what they should be, pretty sure Majora will have an excellent texture when she's textured and mapped.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: LC-DDM on September 25, 2014, 09:47:11 PM
I don't know what brand of glasses you're wearing, but you'd better upgrade. You're calling a poor model BETTER than the -official- X/Y model.
OH NO HOW DARE SOMEONE ATTEMPT TO MAKE A BETTER MODEL THAN THE OFFICIAL ONE
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.