WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 13, 2014, 05:50:35 PM #17340 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:22:29 PM by Pichi-Hime
[spoiler]


So for a PSA I want to make while I solve Rosalina and Luma issues, and try and fix Wendy's map, I made a Zelda model that uses her Twilight Princess robe. I made a custom boneset for the cloak, so it's not bound to her bust, shoulders, or anything else. At first, I was going to use the boneset from Twilight Princess, because I didn't really want to rerig it, but turns out it only has bones for the bottom of it. In the cutscene where she reveals herself as Zelda, he camera is placed to where it doesn't show her hands go through the cloak. I was slightly annoyed at that, but whatever. But I have problem... (seems like I always have a problem with imports) I keep getting the "Index is outside the bounds of the array." I don't think I've done anything that would cause that. Can I send my .max file to someone and have them try and see what the problem is?

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 13, 2014, 05:50:35 PM
[spoiler]But I have problem... (seems like I always have a problem with imports) I keep getting the "Index is outside the bounds of the array." I don't think I've done anything that would cause that. Can I send my .max file to someone and have them try and see what the problem is?

It's happened to me a couple of times, even after un checking remap materials.

Try rigging it/whatever you did again.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 13, 2014, 05:50:35 PM
[spoiler]

So for a PSA I want to make while I solve Rosalina and Luma issues, and try and fix Wendy's map, I made a Zelda model that uses her Twilight Princess robe. I made a custom boneset for the cloak, so it's not bound to her bust, shoulders, or anything else. At first, I was going to use the boneset from Twilight Princess, because I didn't really want to rerig it, but turns out it only has bones for the bottom of it. In the cutscene where she reveals herself as Zelda, he camera is placed to where it doesn't show her hands go through the cloak. I was slightly annoyed at that, but whatever. But I have problem... (seems like I always have a problem with imports) I keep getting the "Index is outside the bounds of the array." I don't think I've done anything that would cause that. Can I send my .max file to someone and have them try and see what the problem is?

Pichi, you really oughta do something bout your sig, it always hides your previews.

It's not that. It happens when you don't put a space in between the posts and "[ spoiler ]"


No, I just checked. There is a space between the post and the spoiler.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 13, 2014, 04:05:15 PM
I think I posted before that the current dimensions of the texture are 2048x256

Unless that's too big and THATS what's causing the problem.
Nope, try 1024x512 or a low texture size to see if thats the problem but im pretty sure thats not the problem. i saw a couple of hacks using that texture size, but ill recommend lower it mainly because it doesnt look like it has a lot of details(like brawl stylish textures), since its a pokemon game texture. something around 512 or lower should be fine.

Quote from: Anivernage on December 13, 2014, 07:26:25 PM
Nope, try 1024x512 or a low texture size to see if thats the problem but im pretty sure thats not the problem. i saw a couple of hacks using that texture size, but ill recommend lower it mainly because it doesnt look like it has a lot of details(like brawl stylish textures), since its a pokemon game texture. something around 512 or lower should be fine.

The large size is so I could fit all the other textures onto one png.

I'll try a smaller file size in a bit. Kinda busy with multiple things right now.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on December 13, 2014, 05:50:35 PM
[spoiler]
I keep getting the "Index is outside the bounds of the array." I don't think I've done anything that would cause that. Can I send my .max file to someone and have them try and see what the problem is?
Usually means that one of the objects doesn't have a Skin modifier, but if that's not it then what kind of computer are you using (windows 8, vista, windows 7, etc) and what version of BrawlBox are you using? I ask because I have a windows 8 that always gives that error when trying to import a dae with 0.68d and never figured out a fix besides using a different version of BB.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 13, 2014, 08:29:06 PM
Usually means that one of the objects doesn't have a Skin modifier, but if that's not it then what kind of computer are you using (windows 8, vista, windows 7, etc) and what version of BrawlBox are you using? I ask because I have a windows 8 that always gives that error when trying to import a dae with 0.68d and never figured out a fix besides using a different version of BB.

Happens to me using Windows 8, BB 0.71, 0.73 and 0.69. 0.68 works fine, but glitches textures. I usually get this error when I save a file in3DSMax over another (replace it), and import to BB



Working on expressions for this guy

[spoiler]



Slight texture updates, better ear models, and puffier fingers. I plan to slim down the claws to give them a more feline look.


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on December 14, 2014, 05:44:26 AM


Working on expressions for this guy

[spoiler]



Slight texture updates, better ear models, and puffier fingers. I plan to slim down the claws to give them a more feline look.
Actually I might be able to help you with that, Mariodk gave me a Cat Bowser model a while back that he found on the internet, if I remember correctly it was one of Ratchet Mario's models, it has a few things I think you might like that you could use (so you don't have to redo the entire rig) PM if you're interested.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

December 14, 2014, 09:41:17 PM #17351 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:43:53 PM by russmarrs2
Since it seemed like nobody else was going to...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Do you plan on giving him expressions? Link's expressions like to be stubborn. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Those expressions remind me of Billy Hatcher.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Uhm.. russ...I already did Walink...... Wait! I can give you the head model. He has hair ontop of his head as well.

@Seg: Yup, and it's about time I revamped him with a better rig and the right normals.