Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

The best Sora out atm, so i  don't care.
I'm addicted to Brawl.....HELP :\
-I feel like calling it quits

:srs: *BANG! BANG!*

P.A.I.N:Mixtape Link (Dat Piff): http://www.datpiff.com/Grey-Poupon-Pain-mixtape.457773.html

Quote from: Italian_Boy1Up on December 01, 2012, 04:24:38 PM
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but will this work over Marth's moveset or only the Sora PSA? Also while I'm asking, say I got the Sora PSA. Would Marth imports work on the Sora PSA? Sorry, I used to be in the brawl hacking scene about 4 years ago lol, I'm not sure what all I can and can't do with PSA's and imports.
No
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

December 01, 2012, 05:22:46 PM #1637 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:02:28 PM by SonicUnderground316
Quote from: Kagemaru on November 30, 2012, 03:32:00 PM
So I've been streaming and I finished Chun-Li's normals. I'm getting Li to test them for me since he won the contest a while back.

I'm trying to get Zelda's Din's Fire to work for Chun-Li but I'm almost certain that it wont. I may have to make an artificial projectile because I'm not really good at editing authentic ones.

Specials aren't exactly my strong point, but I'm almost certain that the down special works (waiting on test). She has an air and a ground version that are two different moves.

So thats what I've been doing today >_>;

tomorrow I get off work early so I'll have more time to do stuff.

Hmm... is it ready for beta testing or is it just the normals Lee is testing ?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 01, 2012, 04:47:57 PM
No

Your reply would be slightly more helpful if you told me what you're saying no to. No it won't work on Marth? No it doesn't just work for the Sora PSA? No, you can't use Marth imports on the Sora PSA? Sorry my question wasn't as simple as a yes or no answer lol.

Lee is testing for me. Supposed to be making a video for me and telling me what issues there are.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on December 01, 2012, 09:21:23 PM
Lee is testing for me. Supposed to be making a video for me and telling me what issues there are.

Ohh I see ... *super subtle question*
>_>...
<_<... so do you need an other tester ?
お前はもう死んでいる。

December 01, 2012, 11:43:21 PM #1641 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:43:48 AM by Kagemaru
Its not a balancing thing. At this point its "does this work?" kinda thing... Basically seeing if the code I DID use works at all.

I'll get multiple testers when I'm in the balancing phase.

this is pretty much the phase where I see if [censored] works or not.

Post Merge: December 02, 2012, 03:43:48 AM

Chun-Li's motion pack is about 5496kb right now...

Which is apparently too big... but something strange happened.

Instead of freezing the wii because it was too big, the game continued to play but only registered Zelda's normal moves...

So I'm gonna try and bring down the file size by about 2k kb which would put it about the same size as her default motionpac.

What I believe I have to do is basically go in individually and delete unused bone movements. Things that are keyframed that didn't move or dont move. Which happens to be the vast majority of Zelda's skirt bones since only 5 YES 5 of her bones are being used by Chun-Li

Unless someone knows a faster way to do this... this may take a while as it is TERRIBLY boring and tedious to do... I did this with the wait 1 and the size went down by 6kb.

Someone kill me now.

*Idea*

Would taking the model... removing the unused bones from the model, then cleaning the animation with that model... would it do the same thing? But faster?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

December 02, 2012, 04:12:10 AM #1642 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:21:32 AM by Eternal Yoshi
Sweet Lord! 5496kb?!? The recommended maximum size is 4096kb.

OK First of all, rename the bones you don't need keyframed, then clean the motion file with it.

DO NOT add any keyrames with the model with the renamed bones.

save the motion file but not the model whose bones you renamed.

Also, if her bones don't scale then remove all scale keframes from all animations... by hand one by one.

December 02, 2012, 05:20:42 AM #1643 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:43:06 AM by Kagemaru
Lucky for me, I was careful enough to not keyframe the scale for her animations. Most of them I believe.

and I think I can manage 4096.... I'll also remove her wait 2 and 3 and the waits associated with those... just to save space.

I'll try to rename the bones I don't need, which is a lot tbh. Thanks.

Post Merge: December 02, 2012, 05:32:56 AM

You're a [censored]ing genius.

I can see it working already.

Yeah... I'm totally gonna have enough space to do grabs and stuff... I'm not even halfway through her animations and she's already down to 4.8k kb
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

REVIEW FOR SORA

Okay the Moves

the AAA Combo Move: This is great, but greatly spammable seeing how you can just hold it down. making it a thing you must constantly press makes up for this leaving it the same on damage and knockback is good.

the Tilts in General: Though i didn't go into using these too much, from what i can tell they work and don't really break anything. the up-tilt is faster than what you'd expect, but it's also Sora.

Up-Smash: This move could use a little tweaking, it comes out much faster than one really expects, the damage is fine. but that's pretty much itl

Side-Smash: An overhead swing much like Kingdom Heart 2: this move is deadly at higher levels and if your good with combos this is defenetily what you'll want as a finisher

Down-Smash: This move is Tricky, and if you do hit, it not a move i really used too much when it came into the combos.

Standard Special: Not too much to say this move is good for stopping moves that are being charged like Samus; or Link.

Side-Special: This move has decent damage and is great for chase damage and such. the only thing i suggest to change is that it has Ike-Like Endlag or a form of endlag where he needs atleast a half second so i can't keep going with this rapefest.

Side-Special Air:
I have on major Problem, i noticed that you can keep in the air forever if you keep pressing Side-B over and over again and staying in flight.

Down-B: Good Spacing move, nothing much to change.
Down-B Air:Great for getting back to the ground, and having the spacing needed to get back into the frey good move.

Final-Smash: This is sexy and all, but i find it unfortunetely to be just fluff. it's hard to hit with the ultimate AAAA combo. and even if you do, it doesn't feel like you've accomplished anything.

I suggest making it feel more "Super" i wouldn't know how to go about it, but that's pretty much it.

either way, that's my fair judgement over this. besides a few issues like the Side-B it's a good moveset and i can't wait to see future updates.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

THAT is something I was looking for.

I know about the side special... I think Marth has some issue or something because there is no code keeping him from falling... as a matter of fact, he's moved entirely by momentum codes because moving his TransN bone would make him teleport if you happened to land while doing the move.

If adding some frames doesn't fix it, then I'll have it end in special fall then.

Final Smash: Its hard to get those hitboxes to all combo together to be honest. I figured it would be more for damage dealing then killing as you can get a lot of damage off in that time limit. But what I might do is change it to where the final smash will activate a bit, and activating that bit will allow you to transform into your Valor Form and you'll stay in Valor Form until you die. If I do that though I'll have to tone down the Valor Form attacks since it will be a moveset swap but not of Final Smash powerlevel anymore.

Also, I may add in a couple grabs as well as fix up the win/wait animations because that problem I wasn't aware of until the day of/before the release.

Thanks for the feedback.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

i would just end the Side-Special in a Special Fall, this gets rid of any form of unbalance.

and the Final Smash could do what you suggested, and it would probably feel more special, or maybe you could make it have more color, or less Marth sounds and use standard sounds (make it sound epic) People are indeed Audio-Visual.

either way, this moveset is pretty awesome and i enjoy it.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Kagemaru on December 02, 2012, 06:05:55 AM
THAT is something I was looking for.

I know about the side special... I think Marth has some issue or something because there is no code keeping him from falling... as a matter of fact, he's moved entirely by momentum codes because moving his TransN bone would make him teleport if you happened to land while doing the move.

If adding some frames doesn't fix it, then I'll have it end in special fall then.

Final Smash: Its hard to get those hitboxes to all combo together to be honest. I figured it would be more for damage dealing then killing as you can get a lot of damage off in that time limit. But what I might do is change it to where the final smash will activate a bit, and activating that bit will allow you to transform into your Valor Form and you'll stay in Valor Form until you die. If I do that though I'll have to tone down the Valor Form attacks since it will be a moveset swap but not of Final Smash powerlevel anymore.

Also, I may add in a couple grabs as well as fix up the win/wait animations because that problem I wasn't aware of until the day of/before the release.

Thanks for the feedback.
i made mewtwo port over marth and the side B works perfectly i never had a problem with it. if he doesnt fall its due to the action codding
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Then would you mind looking at it Carnage? Me and Anonymous both couldn't get it and eventually gave up.

@Ultraxwings: I'll probably do those things. I actually like the idea but I'll do then at a later time. The v1 is pretty stable as is so if I do anything soon, it'll probably be just to make the side special end in special fall.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on December 02, 2012, 07:32:59 PM
Then would you mind looking at it Carnage? Me and Anonymous both couldn't get it and eventually gave up.

@Ultraxwings: I'll probably do those things. I actually like the idea but I'll do then at a later time. The v1 is pretty stable as is so if I do anything soon, it'll probably be just to make the side special end in special fall.
i swicthed it to another subaction or so to disbale its floating points but if you want to keep it on the same subaction you can alter the aerial and foward momentums on the floating point

Dancing Blade
242D8    0.5    Aerial horizontal momentum ratio
242DC    0.0025    unknown, read once on first aerial startup
242E0    1.4    Aerial vertical boost
242E4    0.072    unknown, read once on first aerial startup
242E8    2.0
242EC    0
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.