Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Sorry... thats my fault. I meant to type "Down Throw"

But what he's doing is kicking the target away, webbing them and then pulling them towards him, then smashing them into the ground. Lastly, he bounces off their smashed body.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

oh interesting.
still over sheik?
you could try to make him on some cloneable character, with BrawlEx being the cool thing now and stuff

I don't know how to port. But I'm not stopping anyone who wants to port him.

Project Fusion plans to put him over a Wolf clone slot...

Cali put him over PKMN trainer...

So people can do what they want. I'll just lay down the basis and make it as easy as possible.

So no special gfx, or article usages... Spider-Man is a very simple hack... The only thing different is the model's bones.

I would like him ported as well though. Beause I also have plan to make Nightcrawler, and Sheik works as a base. I'm waiting on the model to be finished.

At any rate...

Whats left to finish for Spidey:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not a lot left to animate... so I'm looking for my PSAer. I have a few candidates, also accepting volunteers for anyone willing to give it a shot...

The hard parts for the PSA will be:

Being able to code a normal move to end in the air if the hitbox connects.
Being able to code directional inputs to make the side special go in different directions (can probably copy the original PSA for this)
Being able to code a fake tether type of attack. (Explained above)

Aside from those things, the rest is fairly simple PSA work. I can do most of it, but if I have to PSA this thing, it'll probably never get released... or not for a long time that is... I hate PSAing THAT much.
====

Edit:

Streaming again: https://secure.join.me/996-168-740


====


Edit:

All throws are complete.

I've decided to keep the aerials the same.

Not gonna make a third wait.

All thats left is to re-animate the side specials. Since he's gonna be able to go up, down, diagonal up and diagonal down, thats 4 animations in the air, + 2 animations on the ground

I've decided to make the Air up-special, the same as the ground one. So all I have to do is edit the starting frames for it.

And lastly, animate Maximum Spider. OR if chaoticchronos does a good job of animating it, I'll use his.

Some of the normals have already been psa'd. But I'll probably be handing the heavy psa work off to A Bloody Canadian for our trade since once I'm done with Spidey's animations, I'll jump into the ones ABC wants for BPM.

====

Edit: I also figured out how to slow down BrawlBox's gifs.

Forward Throw
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Haha yeah I had to go back and animate more moves for the Maximum spider because its a 15 hit combo, so I added 4 more hits to make it equal to 15, Actually almost done so i shall be uploading it and sending it your way soon. My apologies for the late feedback and late animating...T.T....School has started back up and its killing me already.

Update:

PSAing Spider-Man is a cake walk.

However, I'm having issues with his model. For some unknown reason... His HEAD polygons explode in-game for me.

Its very frustrating.

But aside from model issues (which I can't fix, but am looking for someone who can) PSAing him is simple and easy to do. Though, some may be a tad upset. In my play testing, I hadn't PSA'd his neutral b (web ball) so it still functioned like Sheik's... which... was really nice.  I MAY have to keep using her needles. Meaning spidey will be using an article, which IIRC (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) makes her/him not portable?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on January 20, 2014, 10:25:17 AM
Update:

PSAing Spider-Man is a cake walk.

However, I'm having issues with his model. For some unknown reason... His HEAD polygons explode in-game for me.

Its very frustrating.

But aside from model issues (which I can't fix, but am looking for someone who can) PSAing him is simple and easy to do. Though, some may be a tad upset. In my play testing, I hadn't PSA'd his neutral b (web ball) so it still functioned like Sheik's... which... was really nice.  I MAY have to keep using her needles. Meaning spidey will be using an article, which IIRC (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) makes her/him not portable?
technicaly you cant rel port transforming chars the only possible port would be a real port over someone else which would have to make the neutral b either a fake projectile or using an similar article over who it was porting over.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

maybe that will be worked around with brawlEx, and pikazz's (was it pikazz who did the marth-jiggs swap?) investigation... xD

Wolf is an option due to his projectile and clone ability.

But the big issue here is the exploding the exploding head thing.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

hmm so the model is a problem...also the article is a problem too huh? :notimp:.....dang....So we need to figure out about the head exploding problem and who is a better projectile to use?...I apologize..T.T...school's been killing me so I'm kinda behind alittle bit because I've been animating alot lately and well life in general hit.

I'm also behind on the news so Kage, what were your plans again? was it the neutral B and the model you were trying to fix?

Again, I apologize, I'm kind of behind on news.  :srs:

Well if you're busy, I could just animate Maximum Spider myself. It looks fairly simple to animate actually.

Currently, the model I have has an exploding head isssue. When I play with it in game, his head polygons are all over the place. Kinda an issue...

The model and model changers are fine, its just the head part.

The projectile, I'd like to be an actual one, so the PSA should be ported over to Wolf so that it can remain an actual projectile. I just don't know what that will do to Spider-Man's other specials... since last time I messed with Wolf (Wolverine v2) I had a hard time doing anything too different with Wolf's specials.

Neutral special in the air (and depending on the situation... ground) was gonna be a Web-Zip like attack where he shoots webs and then dashes towards the person he shot the web string at. (Meaning the web string would act like a psudo hook shot and instead of bringing the person to you, Spider-Man went to that person.) But I've been told that its complicated to PSA... so that may be out of my skill range.

So as a backup, I can keep the neutral special Web Ball. However, if I'm going to do that, I'd prefer the webball to be an actual projectile. Wolf is clone-able so he's a good candidate. Also, web ball is much easier to PSA then the previous neutral special idea. (though I like the other one better)
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Oh yeah sure if you want to go ahead and animate Maximum spider be my guest  ;D I don't want to hold you back for any reason Kage.  :notimp: Yeah it's just life gets in the way all the time...T____T... If only we really did get paid to do all of this brawl hacking..we'd be set for life. But if I do finish it anyways I'll go ahead and send it to you anyways...just for the heck of it in case you finish animation yours before I do lol.

And alright I hear yah, makes sense, dang I really like your idea of a webzip towards enemies... :notimp: why does PSA have to be so complicated...

Well other than that any success on your model and the person who usually models and Riggs it for you?

Well, the animation is relatively simple. So its would probably take me only about 20-30 minutes depending on my mood. But I"m lazy, so you've got until I finish the head issue to do that animation.

Also, I don't have any 1 specific model person. I just call in favors a lot and help people when I can so they'll be willing to help me when they need it. I'm willing to animate (since its about the only thing I can do decently, aside from PSA) for anyone who can help me.

===
Side note:

I have a dae of Nightcrawler. But I think I'll let THAT model be the first model I learn how to Rig with... cause I need to learn how to model rig as well as create my own models.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on January 21, 2014, 07:15:27 PMNeutral special in the air (and depending on the situation... ground) was gonna be a Web-Zip like attack where he shoots webs and then dashes towards the person he shot the web string at. (Meaning the web string would act like a psudo hook shot and instead of bringing the person to you, Spider-Man went to that person.) But I've been told that its complicated to PSA... so that may be out of my skill range.

I'd be willing to help with that if I knew where to start lol

Now that I think about it, wouldn't this be something akin to a special grab? Pikazz has a tutorial on it in the A/A Tut section.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, its not actually a grab.

He's not grabbing the person, he's just going towards the person that the web hit.

Like... shoot out the string, if the offensive collision hits someone, it stuns them, and then Spider-man moves towards that direction. But the stun thing isn't due to being thrown tradditionally... its more like being hit with ZSamus's gun.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I was thinking of it as a reverse grab.

Spiderman hits them with the string. It stuns them in place. They then stay at wherever the ThrowN bone is as Spiderman moves forward.



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.