Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down

Started by Kagemaru, February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Throw is the Best?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Back
4 (11.8%)
Up
6 (17.6%)
Down
3 (8.8%)
Forward
21 (61.8%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

February 13, 2012, 08:24:59 AM Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:58:35 AM by Kagemaru
Current Project: Spider-Man v2

Next Project: Wolverine v3

Upcoming Project: Nightcrawler v1
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Nice work on this so far broski!  You're off to a great start :)  As I said in my animation academy topic, I really like the AAA combo attacks in particular.

As for suggestions/ideas, his D Air has gotta be his infamous dive kick.  It would be simply UNACCEPTABLE if you didn't use it ;D

I'm personally looking forward to this cuz of those animations. Best of luck! ^-^



i wish the model wouldn't mess up during animations though like at the leg  :-\
animations look great
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

I really like those animations! But they seem to need more leg movement.


...SDoom and his falling d-airs...

I'd suggest his Down B be this:
On the ground, it'd be his sliding kick. Cannot fall of the stage. (Which trip characters on impact.)
In the air, It'd be his diving kick. Goes until he hits the ground. (Knockdown on contact.)

So, in a sense, it works like similar to Falcon Kick.

For a name, call it... X Kick? (I have no idea what to call it...)
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I'm looking  forward to this psa Wolverine is my third favorite marvel hero
personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

yeah i dont like how the animations mess up the legs but i like it so far would it look better if there was a model of wolverine ?

I was actually hoping that the video would spur some generous person to make a better model. Because there are more problems with the model then just the legs.

The elbow joints actually don't bend normally. I have to translate them in certain frames to so that his forearm and bicep aren't overlapping. And the wrists are the worst. Its hard to see in the video (which was kinda good) but moving the RHandN and LHandN bones screw up the wrists but I tried to make it show as little as possible.  The model's fingers are out of sync with bones but thats impossible to see in game... its just annoying to do in Brawl Box.

But really... thanks guys for the feedback.

@SDoom: I appreciate the suggestion but I want this PSA to have 100% claw attacks. If I absolutely cannot figure out what to put for that move, then I'll do the kick. Also, an image or video would help. Also, there are some more detailed points in the PSA that I'd like to ask you about. I'll PM you when I get my thoughts together.

@Royal_Blade: Same thing... I'm going with pretty much all claw attack. But I do have a good idea based off that for either his down-B ground or the Down A tilt.

And I was actually toying around with the idea of something similar to what Wevile does (The pokemon) in brawl... Perhaps something like that for the Side-B or even the Final Smash.



So thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback. It makes me want to work even faster. I work on-call so I have plenty of time to do this. So expect an update soon. As I type this, I'm working on the Squat, SquatRv and SquatWait animations.

After that, I'll be doing the Side Tilt and and then the Down tilt since the squats will be done.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I can tell that the elbows look messed up... Also, the wrists are because of how Captain Falcon's bones work. But they're easy to work with once you get a hand on it. (not a pun)

And it'd be tough to get an ALL Claw moveset. But is possible.

Look at some Games or Films for some more ideas. Like "Hulk vs Wolverine", or the X-Men series.


So no kicks? Ok then, that's fine.


And for a Final Smash, use "Weapon X" from U/MvC3. It's probably the best fitting FS for Wolverine. Plus, it's badass to the power of n.

And keep up the work! It's very good!
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Maybe for the D Air (if it's all claw) you could do the Vega slash from his Flying Barcelona Attack:



Only the slash part of course, and since it's Wolverine it could be a little more brutish.

I think the dash attack should be Berserker Barrage. I'd function like Luigi's dash attack but with a bit more damage, but less knockback.

Also for a down smash and d-airs, you could take references from
this sprite sheet.
Down Smash could be the move from the 6th-7th rows.
Down Air could be the move from the 9th row, but directed more downwards.

You could also use that sheet for more ideas.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Dude, I love that sprite sheet...

Where was this when I was looking around for them :/

Thanks bro.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on February 13, 2012, 11:03:42 PM
Dude, I love that sprite sheet...

Where was this when I was looking around for them :/

Thanks bro.
You're very welcome! :D
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Royal_Blade, I liked the suggestion of the dash attack.

I wont get another video done until I have more attacks done. But this one is a short jump followed by 5 slashes in mid-air then he lands.

I think I'll take Sdoom up on that suggestion for the Down A
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Just a suggestion, as a HUGE Marvel fan, I would like to make a suggestion, if it's okay. He should have wall-cling, like Lucario, because he would shove his claws in the walls. Remeber in Origins Wolverine when he climbed up the side of that smoke thing in the mutant facility? Or in the video game for 360, he can do moves when he does combos after while climbing the walls. I think it'd also be cool if you incorporated the way his claws overheat in the 360 game somehow. But, I wish his taunts were the middle claw, and maybe some Secret Wars references. Idk, it's up to you.