DAE Model Importing for Dummies

Started by BlackJax96, February 24, 2012, 02:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

For some reason when I try to add bones in the skin modifier there is nothing in the text box to select. Here's a screenshot:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



you have added the skin modifier to the bones as well, select only the model

May 05, 2013, 06:15:06 PM #332 Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:40:48 AM by SemiPsycho
Thanks! I have another question. I messed up with the key frames and  couldn't undo my bone rotations. If I delete all of the bones, and import (since I saved it as a .max file before importing the model I want to put in the game) the skeleton, will that work? Or do I have to start all over? Also, will the movement of the polygons affect anything if I can't undo the rotation and manually move them back into place?


Installing 3DS Max 2011 THAT WOULD TAKE A LOOONG TIME TO INSTALL

I upgraded to 3ds Max 2014 yesterday and can confirm that it works right off the bat with Brawlbox.

If you're gonna download any version, download 2014.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 24, 2013, 06:44:54 PM
I upgraded to 3ds Max 2014 yesterday and can confirm that it works right off the bat with Brawlbox.

If you're gonna download any version, download 2014.
so any good changes on 2014 from 2013 for SSBB model importing?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

I can't save my FitPeach00.pac to a .dae when I export it. It only lets me save as a .mdl0
How do I fix this?

Quote from: Mariodk on May 24, 2013, 07:24:22 PM
so any good changes on 2014 from 2013 for SSBB model importing?
I dunno, everything I use on a regular basis is pretty much the same.

Quote from: 526beastmode526 on May 24, 2013, 09:18:52 PM
I can't save my FitPeach00.pac to a .dae when I export it. It only lets me save as a .mdl0
How do I fix this?
Use your brain to find an answer to your problem:



Protip: This works for other problems too!
Now go home and be a problem-solving man!

Quote from: 526beastmode526 on May 24, 2013, 09:18:52 PM
I can't save my FitPeach00.pac to a .dae when I export it. It only lets me save as a .mdl0
How do I fix this?

Only the newest Brawl Box can allow you to export as a .dae. Here's a link to Brawl Box v0.67b by BlackJax96:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27797


June 14, 2013, 06:22:09 AM #339 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:34:04 PM by hitmaker
Not sure what I am doing wrong, after going through the tutorial here I can get the model to export and load into brawl, but ingame the model's textures are messed up, even though in brawl box they look fine:


Ive gone through the tutorial several times with various versions of the DAE plugin and even max itself, but the result is this same. Is there something Im missing?

Dont mind the protruding vertice there, that was intentional

Edit: I Sorted it, it was an issue with a material that needed manual editing. Furthermore, I managed to successfully import a different since posting this question! Thanks for the tutorial!



Now just have to figure out why its causing the game to run so slow despite the low poly count...

Ok, i LOVE this tutorial. However, i'm having two problems, when i load the new character in brawl, the model is faceted instead of smooth, and a texture that has transparencies either display as a different texture in-game (but is normal in brawlbox) or ignores transparencies in-game (but is normal in brawlbox) depending on which texture format i use.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=38135.0

And for the smoothing, you have to smooth the model in 3ds Max.
First, try adding a smooth modifier to the model and click box 1. If the model isn't smoothed after that, remove that modifier and add a vertex weld modifier. Set the value to 0.01.
If it's not smooth after that, then there's a problem.

And if you have rigging on the model, cut out the skin modifier, do all that above, collapse the stack and then paste it back on.

June 29, 2013, 05:28:25 AM #342 Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:03:20 AM by kiro
Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 29, 2013, 01:31:19 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=38135.0

And for the smoothing, you have to smooth the model in 3ds Max.
First, try adding a smooth modifier to the model and click box 1. If the model isn't smoothed after that, remove that modifier and add a vertex weld modifier. Set the value to 0.01.
If it's not smooth after that, then there's a problem.

And if you have rigging on the model, cut out the skin modifier, do all that above, collapse the stack and then paste it back on.

Thanks a ton! I got the model looking great now, only thing now is the transparency is making anything from the same polygon invisible. Here's what i mean:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey you magicians and hacking wizards,
Anyone wanna help a brother out with the part VI that's not in this tutorial?

Thanks a ton,
- pranavmeno


Check out my model import thread here
Want a sig? Well, click here!