[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on July 22, 2013, 07:37:42 PM
We're still very motivated.  I personally within the last week have done more animations within this space of time for P:M than I have for a long time.  There's still a lot of stuff we have in store for the fans
Are there any plans to fix up various animations that seem a bit odd? Like v2.6 Link's Boomerang throw for example.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

SDo0m. I've got a question for you. How is Zelda countereable? I recently downloaded PM to play with some friends that only play SSBM, and while they handled the mechanics pretty quickly and started doing the things they did with Fox and Marth, they couldn't beat me as Zelda, believing her Side B was too.... Strong. How do you counter Zelda? Where's her downside, because even her A attacks are quite fast and strong.

Also, I found Toon Link to be underpowered. Where does his power lays to compensate for that weak Up B as recovery? I only played for 20 minutes or so, but I felt like asking for when I play again with them.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't tried 2.6 yet, but I think I maybe have an answer to your question about Zelda.

Maybe she still suffers angle issues like in vanilla Brawl and maybe the original SSB Melee. So maybe the characters that can reflect projectiles like Fox's Down B, should be able to handle Zelda well.

I hope that answers the question about Zelda, correct me if I'm wrong.

I love Mario, I defeated Level 9's with ease, even Fox.  Without losing a life. :happy:
~Don't Change Mario, PMBR~


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: Bakuz (KC) on August 03, 2013, 03:22:29 AM
I love Mario, I defeated Level 9's with ease, even Fox.  Without losing a life. :happy:
CPUs are nothing, compared to Human Players. :happy:
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on August 03, 2013, 04:13:33 AM
CPUs are nothing, compared to Human Players. :happy:
Nope, not at all.

CPU have... Well, machine like reflexes. But can not adapt as a match progresses like a human...

Quote from: Albafika on August 03, 2013, 01:35:24 AM
SDo0m. I've got a question for you. How is Zelda countereable? I recently downloaded PM to play with some friends that only play SSBM, and while they handled the mechanics pretty quickly and started doing the things they did with Fox and Marth, they couldn't beat me as Zelda, believing her Side B was too.... Strong. How do you counter Zelda? Where's her downside, because even her A attacks are quite fast and strong.

Also, I found Toon Link to be underpowered. Where does his power lays to compensate for that weak Up B as recovery? I only played for 20 minutes or so, but I felt like asking for when I play again with them.

Side B can be clanked with most attacks whilst it's still 'pulsing' is probably the main thing.  The other being that Zelda, despite being overall very good now, is still light, tall, floaty and slow and although teleport cancels help to alleviate her slow speed somewhat most characters overall have superior mobility compared to her.  Infact Fox and Marth in particular are actually two of her weaker match ups partially due to this reason.

As for Toon Link, he actually has a nifty trick with his recovery thanks to aerial glide tossing (you do an air dodge then a couple of frames later throw your item so it uses the same principle as Brawl's ground glide tossing).  You can aerial glide toss you bomb upwards then Up B into it to restore your Up B whilst gaining some distance.  Here's an idea of what I mean:

Project M - Toon Link Bomb Jump Guide

Though now generally aerial Up B serves more as a kill move (follow up after a DThrow at higher %).

Project M Roster Reveal - Challenger Approaching!



Roy announced, and he looks [censored]ing hype, nice to see my melee main get into PM officially.


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 19, 2013, 01:29:16 AM
So how bout dat Clone Engine?
So Dantarion got the Clone Engine working? =o
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


September 19, 2013, 01:42:03 AM #386 Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:52:00 AM by Chaos_Knight
The boy is back. :happy:

That render is beyond sexy. It matches the SSB4 style. Who made it? :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Speaking of Clone Engine, will Dant/ds22/etc. release it to us all (like turbo mode, engine lag fix, etc.?)?
Anyway Roy looks awesome (& now for Mewtwo)


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

My boy. (`:

With a down-air that meteors much more easily, no less.


what


Forget that Roy nonsense, rewind a second.

CLONE ENGINE?

....Okay, you can remember the Roy nonsense now, I know some of you will skewer me for this, lol!