Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 728477 times)
nanobuds
Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1785 on: April 07, 2014, 04:20:08 PM »

From what I've gathered, he's the person who was in charge with designing most of what the current Zelda moveset is. There's been some screenshots of a chatroom where he was talking about resigning because the backroom wants to turn "his" Zelda back into another of the Melee clones, or something like that. The guys on the reddit thread seemed pretty annoyed by a change like that.

You all know my opinion about reusing assets from Melee, but I just can't comprehend why there's such an urge to destroy good creative work like that. It's not really Falco anymore, when the team was trying to gather momentum for the birthing project. Now it's just legit going backwards.
    No where in the chat did he say Zelda is being brought back to her "Melee" moveset.
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:24:49 PM by Nαno » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1786 on: April 07, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »

No where in the chat did he say Zelda is being brought back to her "Melee" moveset.
    Kinda hard to counter-check my sources with the topic I skimmed over last night already down... What did he say then, and what's actually happening to Zelda that got him so bothered? .w.
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:28:12 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Vigilante
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1787 on: April 07, 2014, 04:30:02 PM »

The one who formulated the response was Vanguard, not me actually.

Someone took something Zhime said about Zelda and misinterpreted it and made a huge deal out of it. I'm not sure why it's been taken down, since we had no hand in this. Perhaps the user took it down himself? I'm not quite familiar with how Reddit works, but at the very least, I know we haven't removed it.

Unlike what was stated in the reddit post, we are still good friends with Zhime, but he has moved to Japan for a personal project of his, and he has less opportunities to work on and promote Project M. It sucks that he had to leave, because he's such a fun person to talk to, but we understand that he has his priorities and we wish him well (and we hope to talk to you soon again buddy).

Zhime himself responded that he bears no ill-will toward the PMBR for his leave and believes in this project. His only concern was that with Ryoko and himself being less involved, there isn't a dedicated Zelda player in the BR (albeit I'd like to say that Magus is an extremely talented Zelda user).

As for concerns about Zelda... they've been blown waaaay out of proportion, and the original poster as well as Zhime even admitted to that (thanks btw, that was cool of you). We're not making Melee Zelda again. That'd be the death of creativity. That wa smore of an assumption someone made along the line of discussion. Zhime never stated that.

I hope that cleared everything up, and thanks again for supporting Project M guys.
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:33:50 PM by Vigilante » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1788 on: April 07, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »

(I'm sure Zhime will be delighted by such continuous outbursts of kindness, but is this really the place for the random 2nd-person praise...?)

Huh. Odd, I do remember talks about something with Zelda which was being changed and causing trouble, either in the chat logs or in Vanguard's post. (My bad on the name)

I didn't mean to imply it was closed by you though. It just seemed odd that the author closed it so fast.
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:49:04 PM by Miacis » Logged

Vigilante
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1789 on: April 07, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »

That's okay, you are not the first to confuse Vanguard with me, lol.

And yeah, no trouble. Zhime came himself to fix the issue, people made assumptions on comments he made and blew it out of proportions, unfortunately.

As for why it was closed, I think that the author removed it at Zhime's request? I' not sure to be honest.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1790 on: April 08, 2014, 01:03:10 AM »

There we go, found a link to the deleted thread now that I'm on my "good computer." And a link to the pictures too.

Edit: By an unfortunate turn of events, the aforementionned pictures seem to have ~mysteriously~ disappeared right after I posted here. No worries though, I've got this in the bag:

Original pictures: 1 2 3 4

Zhime does seem to want to redirect any sort of drama from his public figure and the PMBR, but apparently I wasn't exactly wrong in saying his main reason for leaving the PMBR was because of a strong disagreement over design choices on Zelda. That Japan thing certainly doesn't seem like the main thing at all.

He also does seem to do a lot of damage control in that public post as opposed to that chat's brutal honesty. There's talk about it like it's been awhile and forgotten, but unless the OP is very much lying about the date, AND photoshopped the screenshots, he was still mad enough about it just recently. At least enough to empty his basket on a random internet player.

The Melee thing seems to have just been speculation though, which is probably why Nano only adressed that specific point. At least you guys seem to still be BFFs. That sure is at least consistant in every single post.

...Still kinda funny to see talks about "no ill-will" in public, and then "stupid/biased/they won't listen to me/I'm the one being targetted" being thrown around in private.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:44:20 PM by Miacis » Logged

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

« Reply #1791 on: April 11, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »

I'm suddenly reminded of that Kittyleaks disaster.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

Project Lightning Overseer. I OVERSEE THINGS.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1792 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »

So with these changes to Zelda, do you think we'll see a Phantom Slash move?

I would LOVE that. I really want to get accustomed to not using Sheik.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1793 on: April 12, 2014, 06:42:16 PM »

Not happening dude. Trust me. Their aim isn't to do what the new Smash is doing if the way the movesets currently are is any indication. Not only that, giving Zelda the Phantom Slash would just be begging for a lawsuit.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:54:34 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1794 on: April 13, 2014, 07:15:05 AM »

Do you even know what the M in Project M stands for?

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1795 on: April 13, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »

Not happening dude. Trust me. Their aim isn't to do what the new Smash is doing if the way the movesets currently are is any indication. Not only that,giving Zelda the Phantom Slash would just be begging for a lawsuit.
    wat

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1796 on: April 13, 2014, 01:48:44 PM »

Do you even know what the M in Project M stands for?

Before you say Melee trying to be clever, it doesn't stand for Melee.  It's just an M.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1797 on: April 13, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »

No matter the fact this project is exceedingly Melee-centric, and your Twitter and Youtube handles clearly say "ProjectMelee"?  Roll Eyes

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1798 on: April 13, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »

Before you say Melee trying to be clever, it doesn't stand for Melee.  It's just an M.
    Kind of odd to say, considering the old FAQ of Project M's initial release had this question:

Can I call this Melee 2.0?
    Yes.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #1799 on: April 13, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »

Don't wanna add the fact that it's from one of their members...
    Besides... Why would they take the "M" for only a letter when their own Wiki article says this:

Project M is a mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl designed to make the gameplay more closely resemble that of Super Smash Bros. Melee mainly

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Pages:  1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: