[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Ganon-Punch on July 02, 2014, 05:24:37 PM
This is Pit from NES, not 3DS
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on July 02, 2014, 04:56:14 PM
I like the Dark Pit recolor. Is that a separate alt too? Also, at least make his bow silver because that's his primary weapon in Uprising.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

July 03, 2014, 09:31:36 PM #1891 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:03:28 PM by Mr. Me
I found the preliminary tier list for 3.02:

http://clashtournaments.com/project-m-3-02-preliminary-tier-list/

Fox and Falco sitting alone in Top Tier

Shocker

Saw this one when it first came out and I can't believe Fox and Falco are at the top. Sonic, Ivysaur, Pit, Meta Knight, Diddy, and Zelda should all be above them. All I've heard about those two, especially Falco, is that they aren't similar enough to Melee. I used to main Falco in both Melee and Brawl and I like PM Falco better. Ganon, not as much, but still. Also, Bowser is by no means bad either and he's pretty low, I guess the idea is that regardless of where a character is ranked, the gap isn't very big.

July 03, 2014, 10:05:21 PM #1894 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:07:09 PM by Eternal Yoshi
CT's preliminary tier list is a complete and total farce. The players that participated in making that list haven't seen/played a third of the characters in actual bracket matches due to nobody using them in mid/high level matches.

It's too early for an accurate tier list for PM anyway.

Tiers are for q****s.

Ooc: Is the Q word considered a bad word in America? Just maikn sure.

Quote from: Scout on July 03, 2014, 11:34:58 PM
Tiers are for queers.
Don't censor dodge. Either write the word in its fullest, or use a different word.

Quote from: Scout on July 03, 2014, 11:34:58 PMOoc: Is the Q word considered a bad word in America? Just maikn sure.
"Queer" is used as a derogatory term towards homosexuals here in the US. But who really cares? You shouldn't be so sensitive. Stay on the topic please.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Gravity on July 03, 2014, 09:33:41 PM
Fox and Falco sitting alone in Top Tier

Shocker

Need I even bother pointing out the reason why that is despite what EY said?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


July 04, 2014, 12:40:39 AM #1899 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:56:48 AM by Velen
Quote from: Gravity on July 04, 2014, 12:26:51 AM
Oh god please no

Look who made an assumption. .__.

I have nothing to say on the matter, cause believe it or not, I expected at least Fox or Falco to be the highest on the list.

The reason they're there should be self evident to everyone. So it goes without saying.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

July 04, 2014, 04:14:41 AM #1900 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:09:34 AM by Abbi
Mewtwo is way too low on that.
Samus is WAAAY too low too.
Bowser is way too low.
Squirtle is too high.
Jigglypuff is pretty horrible in P:M becouse of recoverys being so stupidly good overall, so she should be like at least bottom 5.

And yea, characters like G&W are so low on that becouse nobody knows what they're capable of yet.

And I also don't see Fox or Falco still being the best characters, they're still godly, but there's so many new characters that just seem to win against them really consistently.
But then again, it's way too early to even say that, too.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i think it's more based on what players feel comfortable with, and thus choose...

instead of trying a new character, let's just select fox or falco and hope it's melee.

Quote from: KingOfChaos on July 03, 2014, 11:49:37 PM
Don't censor dodge. Either write the word in its fullest, or use a different word.
"Queer" is used as a derogatory term towards homosexuals here in the US. But who really cares? You shouldn't be so sensitive. Stay on the topic please.

Thank you for answering my question kind sir ^_^'




I believe tier lists are just there to help people choose, in the end, its all about the player himself rather than the list.

Using TF2 for example, Spies were bottomtier until  2002, players begun experimenting, and they are one of the most annoying classes to deal with today.

Look at what Amsa has done with Yoshi, Axe with Pikachu, Darrell, Hugs, and now Plup with Samus, and Kage, Loki, and Bizzaro Flame with Ganon. All High-Mid tier or lower or at least for now.

Characters are 'better' based on how many options they have in every possible situation and how easily they can do what they want with their opponent, which is why you don't usually see Bowser beating Fox, but it's not impossible. It's just that based on previous results, Fox wins most of the time because of what he can do, so Bowser is considered to be at a disadvantage in that matchup. That's all tiers are. People misinterpret it though that tier mean you have to play Fox to be good.

The best players in the world can all play Fox, Falco, or both, but most of them have a different character they use a lot as well. Mew2King has Sheik and Marth and can pretty much play any character, Mango has Falcon and Puff among others, Armada (probably the best player in the world) mains Peach and has an amazing Young Link, PP has a Marth, the list goes on. These days, you're expected to be able to play one of the Star Fox characters at least as a secondary for 20XX. I refuse. Falco is fun, but I'll never main him again. I have been working on Marth and Sheik though. Long live Ganon!

in P:M i main ganon all the time, thing is, i can only play vs Cpu... but meh.

sucks to live at europe (at least for this)...