[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lucas PKT2 Fix V.1

Here's the fix for Lucas, still has some recover issues that i have to fix with it, but this is much better then the current.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: SJS on April 18, 2012, 02:21:13 AM
Toon Link is awesome. I actually enjoy using him now. Though his milk drink animation could use some polishing (the bottom of the bottle lip should be at his mouth, though it's at the center). Zelda is also pretty classy. Love Pit's new specials.

I don't care for new Falco. And the Zelda/Sheik portraits are really blah. Especially Zelda's.

I was the one who did the milk taunt animation and trust me when I say it's very awkward to position the bottle well because of not being able to see it in Brawlbox.  I just had to essentially guess where the bottle would situate itself.

April 18, 2012, 06:16:31 AM #62 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:24:35 AM by Double D.
Im liking so far, quick question though....

Will you guys alter the original CPU A.I to match new moves for some of the characters that had those changes? I play alone a lot in free for alls and it would suck to have the CPU kill itself because of a new move replacing one they originally had, that they aren't programmed to use efficiently?
--Death Before Dishonor--

"The absence of wrath, is an impediment to utilizing your true strength..."


Quote from: Double D. on April 18, 2012, 06:16:31 AM
Im liking so far, quick question though....

Will you guys alter the original CPU A.I to match new moves for some of the characters that had those changes? I play alone a lot in free for alls and it would suck to have the CPU kill itself because of a new move replacing one they originally had, that they aren't programmed to use efficiently?


At some point most likely, though funnily enough it's fairly low on our priority list.  Mainly because it's quite an awkward and tedious process that not enough people know how to do.

Speaking of which, I'd really like to thank PPX for editing the AI for Sheik and Lucas so that they aren't so stupid.  It saves us a fair bit of time :)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Project: M boots faster than standard Brawl.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on April 18, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Project: M boots faster than standard Brawl.
It seems this way, even when loading the match. lol

Quote from: SJS on April 18, 2012, 02:57:35 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Project: M boots faster than standard Brawl.

It does funnily enough.  Magus explained to me how it worked a while ago I think, but I forgot his explanation.

Ask him again, or check for logs, or something.

Though, my guess is that since you're loading [censored] from the SD card, you don't load from the disc. Thus, quicker loading times. Or something.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: LC-DDM on April 18, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
Ask him again, or check for logs, or something.

Though, my guess is that since you're loading [censored] from the SD card, you don't load from the disc. Thus, quicker loading times. Or something.

It is indeed this actually.  It's a combination of loading stuff from the SD card and trimming down a lot of fat files (the common files were trimmed down a LOT).

The common files are full of crap that don't need to be there but are, and is responsible for Brawl's loading times being rather long.

The motion files for the transforming characters do not need to be in the common files AT ALL.
Just put them in their respective pf character folders, remove them from the common.pacs a certain way, and tada!

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on April 19, 2012, 12:28:40 AM
The common files are full of crap that don't need to be there but are, and is responsible for Brawl's loading times being rather long.

The motion files for the transforming characters do not need to be in the common files AT ALL.
Just put them in their respective pf character folders, remove them from the common.pacs a certain way, and tada!

So that's how it was done. *goes to trim other Common5's*

Thanks, EY. I had always wondered what made P:M load so much faster.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Well, I got the new Demo finally.  Gotta say, I'm thoroughly impressed.  I haven't played too much what with all of the work I have to do, but I'm already enjoying it far more than the last demo.  I really like what they did with guys like Lucario, Wario, and Charizard.  Charizard I'm finding especially fun, which is odd considering I don't use him in any other version of Brawl.  ROB is also fun.  I love what this did with his Side-B.

So yeah, two thumbs up and all of that jazz.

Is there a way to take the character movesets and play with them in your own Brawl? Im using Beyond You's Riivolution and I tried using movesets from some of the Project M characters but the physics would seem a little off and their moves wouldn't work well, some would enter T-stance or the PSA animation would play the original move animation with effects of the PSA, like for example Bowser's Koopa Klaw would still play the Flying Slam animation but he wouldn't jump in the air with them....anyone know anything?
--Death Before Dishonor--

"The absence of wrath, is an impediment to utilizing your true strength..."


Quote from: Shun_One on April 19, 2012, 02:07:24 AM
So that's how it was done. *goes to trim other Common5's*

Thanks, EY. I had always wondered what made P:M load so much faster.

Be sure to check the other common files too.

Anyway, that's a negative at this time Double D.

Damn.
--Death Before Dishonor--

"The absence of wrath, is an impediment to utilizing your true strength..."