Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 735923 times)
Eternal Yoshi
Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: April 23, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14372713&postcount=63672
    Please read it.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #121 on: April 23, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »

I don't think they're going to bother with Final Smashes, that falls into the "item" category.

Yeah, probably not. At least not in the beta stages. Or even in the near final stages of development.

But... For this to be a "complete" game, they should hex items to be weaker, and balance final smashes... Er, as much as they can anyway.

Still though, it's highly unlikely they will alter items, or even fix glaring freezes with them.

Quote from: EternalYoshi
    I can handle this myself later in development, when I balance and/or Meleeify the items.

Later in development we will definitely consider altering items.  We're not as closed minded as you guys may think we are Tongue  As for Final Smashes I'd personally love to edit a bunch of them.  Toon Link springs to mind straight away.  Bugs me how his Final Smash is a worse version of Link's when it could be something actually really cool/funny referencing his various games.

However, this wouldn't be for a good long time.  There are still a load more important things to do.  

Lol Ninja'd !
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:31:38 PM by SDo0m InFiNiTy » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »

Yes, new Final Smashes would be great, though I understand it isn't priority #1.

I'd defintitely like to see Toon Link, Wolf, and maybe Lucas get something unique.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »

Later in development we will definitely consider altering items.  We're not as closed minded as you guys may think we are Tongue  As for Final Smashes I'd personally love to edit a bunch of them.  Toon Link springs to mind straight away.  Bugs me how his Final Smash is a worse version of Link's when it could be something actually really cool/funny referencing his various games.

However, this wouldn't be for a good long time.  There are still a load more important things to do.  

Lol Ninja'd !
    Oh, my mistake. Tongue

That's really good to hear. Items need love too. Since they are kinda... Too wonky in Brawl for my liking, like Pokeballs, more then half of the time, you get Munchlax, or Goldeens... In a way, they get WAY overshadowed by Death in a Can™... I mean Assist Trophies. There should be balance between the two, less useless Pokemon, and less killer Assist Trophies.
    And maybe if possible, making Manaphy more common, that was a interesting idea they wasted by making far too rare.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:34:29 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #124 on: April 23, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »

Project M [TAS] - Ike Combo

Quickie TAS gogogo

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »

Glad to hear about the side-item projects. I'm looking forward to the completion of P:M to see just how it meshes with the single player segments (Darn limited SSE character selection).

Quickie TAS gogogo

The QDWJ at the end got me. Not that the rest wasn't impressive
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:25:54 PM by Shun_One » Logged

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

ReidenLightman
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 12:47:29 AM »

It's the best thing to come out of brawl hacking since you can customize it with stuff from Brawl vault and pretty much play with the Melee engine.

Glock
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: April 24, 2012, 01:11:25 AM »

Quickie TAS gogogo

I thought MURDER wasn't allowed on youtube?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »

Random announcement but P:M now has over 33,000 downloads.  Just to put that into perspective, it took P:M around 3 weeks to gain more downloads than the Shadow hack that's been around for over 2 years.  Crazy shiz.

Oh and this: 
    Project M [TAS] - Sonic Combo

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »

Congrats on 33k downloads!

Also, I finally got to try P:M the other day, and I enjoyed it. I was honestly disappointed with how Falco plays, I guess I'm just not some uber tourney guy or whatever because I couldn't play him. /:

Lucario was also tough to play as, but I think it's just a tough change to get used to.

However... I absolutely, 100% LOVE how Charizard plays. I'm not sure why, but it feels so rewarding to play as him. Bowser is also much more enjoyable to play as, mostly because of the Super Armor since it actually makes it possible to win with him. Awesome Face

The heavier characters are much more enjoyable to play as in general.

I also love how ROB plays, I love flying around the stage using his Side B. XD

Yeah, lotsa fun.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: May 08, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

However... I absolutely, 100% LOVE how Charizard plays. I'm not sure why, but it feels so rewarding to play as him.
    I know. I love Project M Charizard too. =D
    . . .
    But there are some problems though...
    All of the .brstms included in the download are all loud static. I fixed this by downloading the .brstms from CustomBrawlMusic. And also when R.O.B. tries to use his Final Smash, the game freezes.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »

I know. I love Project M Charizard too. =D
    . . .
    But there are some problems though...
    All of the .brstms included in the download are all loud static. I fixed this by downloading the .brstms from CustomBrawlMusic. And also when R.O.B. tries to use his Final Smash, the game freezes.

Have you defragmented your SD card?  I get that all the time and not just with the P:M codeset.  Defragment it so that it optimises your SD for the brstms.  And the R.O.B. freeze is known and being fixed I believe.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

Awesome Sonic Combo video and congrats on 33k downloads guys.

Having spent more time with the demo, I will express some minor feeling of "Too bad their aiming for melee 2.0" with some of the characters. It'd be neat to see Fox or Falco with a few new moves too (I am well aware that this is not in the cards in anyway, shape, or form).

So, attempting to play through SSE:M and I'm curious if this happens to anyone else or not. For starters, anytime a non-demo2 character is playable (with the exception of Kirby and Squirtle), I play as Mario. Not a problem right?

But then my SSE CSS is limited to only the first character listed in any given team. When all characters are together, I can only choose Mario, Link, and DK. Does that happen to everyone or is it just me?

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Generically Epic
    Hyper Kitten

Playing Project M is my passion in life.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: May 08, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »

My only complaint is that I have finals this week and I serious have an addiction... people laugh... but no, seriously.. .I should be studying and I'm taking hits of texture hacks.... yeeeaaahhh feels so goood... oh god, what is going to happen to my life? I can't put down the controller... wait how the hell am I typing with my controller in my hand... when the hell did my controller get in my hand?!... HELLLLP!

Generically Epic: A lucky moment that could happen to anyone.  For example: Making a hole in one, landing an Falcon Pawnch, finding 20 bucks, etc.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »

Awesome Sonic Combo video and congrats on 33k downloads guys.

Having spent more time with the demo, I will express some minor feeling of "Too bad their aiming for melee 2.0" with some of the characters. It'd be neat to see Fox or Falco with a few new moves too (I am well aware that this is not in the cards in anyway, shape, or form).

So, attempting to play through SSE:M and I'm curious if this happens to anyone else or not. For starters, anytime a non-demo2 character is playable (with the exception of Kirby and Squirtle), I play as Mario. Not a problem right?

But then my SSE CSS is limited to only the first character listed in any given team. When all characters are together, I can only choose Mario, Link, and DK. Does that happen to everyone or is it just me?

idk about the first problem, but hte send one happens to me. I laoded it up and went to the end to pick pit adn luicairo adn ppls, but its just mario kirby and link

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: