Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 21, 2012, 05:02:37 PM #360 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:07:41 PM by Pear_Knight
Quote from: Vert092 on November 21, 2012, 03:25:38 PM
Started Spirit Roy some days ago, here's some progress! (Note that some textures, specially the pants still need some retouching. Seems like I'll need some help again,Shun!)






SJS better make CSPs of Spirit Roy. :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509


I like what I'm seeing :D. Since I have him over Wario, I can both have Spirit Roy and Melee Roy. :af2:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Looks really excellent so far.  You're gonna have your work cut out for you Vert my man.  There's a lot of little details in the FE13 art for Roy.  Though one question.  Will the hair receive edits?  Obviously there's a lot to do, but the hair seems like something a slightly less modder would put off for the sake of "it's still Roy's hair" but the FE13 Roy's hair is more delicate than Melee Roy's.

Dude. How did you remove the emblem from the cape, Vert? It would really help out my texture I am doing on Thany's Roy.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Looking good thus far Vert. I can see a few spots of mine that could use some touching up, but I can wait until you have more done to see what needs to be a texture and what doesn't. If you'd like, I have a hi-res image of most of Roy that I can give you to help out.

Quote from: Velen on November 24, 2012, 01:39:21 AM
Dude. How did you remove the emblem from the cape, Vert? It would really help out my texture I am doing on Thany's Roy.
From what I can see of Roy's textures, you'll have to do it the hard way; meaning edit out the details of the emblem on his cape.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Thanks everyone!
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on November 23, 2012, 11:10:59 PMLooks really excellent so far.  You're gonna have your work cut out for you Vert my man.  There's a lot of little details in the FE13 art for Roy.  Though one question.  Will the hair receive edits?  Obviously there's a lot to do, but the hair seems like something a slightly less modder would put off for the sake of "it's still Roy's hair" but the FE13 Roy's hair is more delicate than Melee Roy's.
I think I won't edit the hair and the face, because the person who rigs my model will have to use Thany's expresions. I could edit the hair a bit like I did with Spirit Marth, but I think of this project as an alternate costume for Thany's Roy, and not a fully custom model (like, for example, my Lucina). I might change the color a bit though.
Quote from: Velen on November 24, 2012, 01:39:21 AMDude. How did you remove the emblem from the cape, Vert? It would really help out my texture I am doing on Thany's Roy.
Remember this?

I took the cape texture from the classic Roy trophy from melee and edited it a bit for this texture hack (still unreleased, now that I think about it)



Here it is:


Quote from: Shun_One on November 24, 2012, 06:02:13 AM
Looking good thus far Vert. I can see a few spots of mine that could use some touching up, but I can wait until you have more done to see what needs to be a texture and what doesn't. If you'd like, I have a hi-res image of most of Roy that I can give you to help out.
From what I can see of Roy's textures, you'll have to do it the hard way; meaning edit out the details of the emblem on his cape.
Yeah, once I'm done with the basic model work (and have the textures completly remapped), I'll send the textures.
And of course I'd love that high resolution references.


I'll just share this here in the event that someone else would like it.

Big image
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I do believe it's not full size, but that can be found in this fellows gallery. I think you need a google account to view of though.


WARNING Don't explore his gallery if you don't want any FE13 spoilers (Vert, you already know however)
Link
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Thanks Vert. This helps me out a lot.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Roy is looking kick ass so far. I know its still pretty early, but will his cape be around his waist? I know that seems pretty hard but it would look really good.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

I was Wondering if you guys would add the shoulderpad to his left shoulder and give him the sword from the artwork

Quote from: shadowgarion on November 26, 2012, 02:08:00 AM
I was Wondering if you guys would add the shoulderpad to his left shoulder and give him the sword from the artwork
Now why would he not add that? :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Pear_Knight on November 26, 2012, 02:28:55 AM
Now why would he not add that? :srs:
"I think of this project as an alternate costume for Thany's Roy, and not a fully custom model (like, for example, my Lucina). I might change the color a bit though"
^
this is why

Quote from: shadowgarion on November 26, 2012, 05:17:40 AM
"I think of this project as an alternate costume for Thany's Roy, and not a fully custom model (like, for example, my Lucina). I might change the color a bit though"
^
this is why
This isn't just a texture hack.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

I wanted to say I won't modify the face, the hands, and overall the proportions of Thany's Roy (except his feet).
The shoulderpad is actually a shield, and of course I'll model it. and About the sword I'll make 2 versions of the model, one with his new sword and sheathe (it's oficially known as Roy's thoughsword I believe), and another version with his classic sword of seals.