Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Vert092 on July 19, 2013, 11:46:16 AM
Thanks for everything, guys! I'll leave the rig to Albafika, but thanks for offering your help, KTH!
I'll finish his blink eyes and his open mouth face as soon as posible and then I'll PM you, Albafika. I'll keep you guys updated.
Awakening is definetly on the top 3 of the series, with Genealogy of Holy-War and Path of Radiance. But Awakening can still be improved, specially the storyline and the variety of the chapters.

Haven't played Genealogy of Holy War. I'll have to try that one. I do have the two Radiant games (Really need to go back and finish them.), Sacred Stones, and the very first NES one on an emulator, along with Shadow Dragon which I guess is a remake of that one and I think I have an English translation patch for a Binding Blade ROM somewhere too that I've been meaning to try. Awakening really got me back into the series though, so it will probably be my favorite for a while.

Quote from: Mochtroid127 on July 19, 2013, 03:39:08 PM
[spoiler]Haven't played Genealogy of Holy War. I'll have to try that one. I do have the two Radiant games (Really need to go back and finish them.), Sacred Stones, and the very first NES one on an emulator, along with Shadow Dragon which I guess is a remake of that one and I think I have an English translation patch for a Binding Blade ROM somewhere too that I've been meaning to try. Awakening really got me back into the series though, so it will probably be my favorite for a while.
Geneaology has MASSIVE stages, its structure is pretty different from other FE games.
Also, if you're gonna play the first one, may as well just go with Shadow Dragon DS unless you really want to see how the series started out. (to be honest, the first 3 FE games haven't aged as well as the others)
Sacred Stones is relatively easy compared to other games, Sealed Sword/Binding Blade isn't as refined as the other two GBA titles, but it's still very fun and holds its own well. Radiance games are still my favorite if not Thracia 776 (otherwise known as Genealogy Hard Mode).


On a more on-topic note: Can't wait for that rig, need to keep my Project M going in style.

Small update, open mouth face:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Vert092 on July 20, 2013, 02:09:48 PM
Small update, open mouth face:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Great work, but his nose and mouth looks smaller than they should be.

Quote from: Vert092 on July 20, 2013, 02:09:48 PM
Small update, open mouth face:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks pretty good, shaped well, but like garion said, it could be bigger. And maybe some more definition on the lips?

I really can't wait to get my hands on this next piece; looking at it I can't help but feel it's PERFECT for a proper Greil vertex hack.

Normal Ike isn't buff enough for any Greil vertexes to look good. ...Although I suppose vertex hacking could make it look that way, this model would probably look more natural for it.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Just thought I'd drop in and say that the eyes look a little off :p
Jk I know you guys like hearing that.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

The damage face looks stange. The closed eye is at like the bottom of the other eye height. Or is it just the camera angle?
Loving it otherwise. Very very nice job!

July 25, 2013, 02:14:24 PM #638 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:20:06 PM by Vert092
I finished everything! Once I get the new Ettard texture Shun's editing, I'll send the model to Albafika so he can rig him.
I hopefully fixed the eyes in all expressions:
- Normal


- Half blink


- Closed eyes


- Open mouth


- Damage face


Here's how the finished model looks:




I'm doing Vanguard next.


So Vanguard next, huh? Aafyre's was nice, but I'd love to see an import of it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: Segtendo on July 25, 2013, 03:44:47 PM
So Vanguard next, huh? Aafyre's was nice, but I'd love to see an import of it.
I don't think he's doing Vanguard next, but I believe it's on his list. Yeah Aafyre's is pretty good quality for a vertex... but for something like Vanguard Ike I don't think vertexing really does the job right.

Looking great! That new texture is awesome too! Although I'd prefer a lighter texture in the cape...

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Just wanted to pop in again and say that the hacks are being put to VERY good use.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I remember that.  It was so big of a rumor it even got posted on the Smash wiki.


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U