Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Albafika on July 23, 2012, 04:01:27 AMVert, ayudame. Enseñame como ripeas los modelos de RD. Lo unico que hallamos fueron unos .cmp
It's not that easy... You can't rip Radiant Dawn models like you do with .brres files.
First, try to speak english in this thread, most people don't speak spanish. However we can talk about this via PM in spanish if you feel like it.
What models do you want? If you want Sothe, Soren, etc I have already ripped'em. They are not finished, but I can send them to you.
If you want to rip models yourself then I suppose I could write a tutorial. You'll need the Dolphin emulator, wiiscrubber and a radiant dawn iso.


Quote from: xZedkiel on July 23, 2012, 08:40:39 AM
I didn'tknow you spoke Spanish too. O:

These models are all looking amazing, I'm really loving Mia. <3 Lucina looks awesome too!
Well yeah, I'm from D.R. :P
Quote from: Vert092 on July 23, 2012, 01:16:26 PM
It's not that easy... You can't rip Radiant Dawn models like you do with .brres files.
First, try to speak english in this thread, most people don't speak spanish. However we can talk about this via PM in spanish if you feel like it.
What models do you want? If you want Sothe, Soren, etc I have already ripped'em. They are not finished, but I can send them to you.
If you want to rip models yourself then I suppose I could write a tutorial. You'll need the Dolphin emulator, wiiscrubber and a radiant dawn iso.
Surething, it'd be nice to have a tut!

It's been a while since I last ripped from Radiant dawn so I might not remember all the steps correctñy, but here we go:
First, open a path of radiance iso with a program called GCTool (I'm not sure if wiiscrubber works there as well) and find where the battle models are stored. Then extract every single file that you will find in a character folder (every character works).
Now open a radiant dawn iso with wiiscrubber, find where the battle character models are stored and then find a folder called SwoLE, which contains edward's myrmidon files. Replace everything except the pack.cmp (which is edward's model) with path of radiance's files. That will make the character go to the famous T-pose in battle.
Then find the folder that contains the character you want to rip (for example, trueblade mia is SwoSW I think) and extract the pack.cmp and the tpl files, which are the textures.
replace edward's pack.cmp file with your character of choice and convert the texture files using a program called tpl converter. Then you should have the texture images in an usable format.
Close wiiscrubber (it automatically saves the changes) and run the dolphin emulator with 3d ripper dx. Start a new game and skip everything until you can control edward. attack the bandit and voila! you get the character of your choice t-posed. Get the frame with 3d ripper DX and find the character in a 3d editing program (know you'll have to deal with the weird double sided faces).
And that's it, you need a bunch of programs but in the end it's worth it.

____________________

I took a short break from Lucina because I want to request Zelgius and Greil for brawl. Right now I'm revising Greil's model to make it look better and making it fit Ike's bones. I got rid of the old face and made a new one, but still needs some work. I also modelled Urvan:




Very, very nice work there Vert. I'm always impressed whenever you show your progress.

As for me, I have been messing around with Spirit Roy and trying to get a good feel of Spirit Ike. I'm torn between trying to get Spirit Ike and Hero Ike done for the guy.

Oh yeah. band-wagon, boarded:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on July 23, 2012, 03:44:17 PM
Oh yeah. band-wagon, boarded:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's not Leaf.

I feel so out of place without an FE avatar.

Quote from: Shun_One on July 23, 2012, 03:44:17 PM
Oh yeah. band-wagon, boarded:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My magical url-looking powers tell me it's Leaf.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Okay. So that one was easy. How about these?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

From left to right:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
I took some liberties with the green team palette, but it should still be recognizable.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

1. Amelia? EDIT: Eltshan?
2. Michalis? Yurius?
3. Ephraim
4. Celice

I have a feeling the first two are kind of obvious...

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

1. Eltshan
2. Not quite, but it's close enough
3. Yep
4. Ofcourse

I wasn't really trying to be tricky with them (I leave that to Albafika and SJS). I just found colors scheme's that would match Marth's default's in some way.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

This is the point where I feel bad for only playing radiant dawn and shadow dragon >.<

Recolors still look sweet though.

Quote from: Shun_One on July 24, 2012, 01:13:55 AM
2. Not quite, but it's close enough
Hmmm... is it Alvis then?

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on July 24, 2012, 01:19:22 AM
This is the point where I feel bad for only playing radiant dawn and shadow dragon >.<
I've played Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones, and Blazing Sword/FE GBA... I haven't finished any of them though. :V

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: Albafika on July 23, 2012, 02:26:57 PM
Well yeah, I'm from D.R. :P
Sweet, my parents are from there :D So I'm Dominican too.
Quote from: Shun_One on July 23, 2012, 03:44:17 PM
Very, very nice work there Vert. I'm always impressed whenever you show your progress.

As for me, I have been messing around with Spirit Roy and trying to get a good feel of Spirit Ike. I'm torn between trying to get Spirit Ike and Hero Ike done for the guy.

Oh yeah. band-wagon, boarded:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

These recolors are amazing.. I was gonna do my own, but nevermind! ^_^ These are just great!

Also, looking forward to that Spirit Roy (DLC Roy, right?), I think he looks epic. :D

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward to Roy getting finished. It might be a while though. Other projects take priority.

Quote from: ExorcistRain on July 24, 2012, 01:27:04 AM
Hmmm... is it Alvis then?
Bulls-eye. It's almost unfair to count them as separate with how close their colors are.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on July 24, 2012, 01:49:01 AM
Bulls-eye. It's almost unfair to count them as separate with how close they're colors are.
Possible spoilers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
When you said close enough I started looking at characters related to Michalis and Yurius. :P

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: ExorcistRain on July 24, 2012, 02:16:48 AM
Possible spoilers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
When you said close enough I started looking at characters related to Michalis and Yurius. :P
I knew it'd give it away.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM