Mega Man X over Samus -Work in Progress-

Started by Hero ©, May 09, 2012, 01:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Element on May 18, 2012, 11:54:54 AM
What moves you choose should reflect the character's overall goals! What are you trying to accomplish? What feel should X have?
I would totally agree with this. And both of the smashes you have don't really match megaman's identity imo. Megaman could definitely be a fighter, just not a brawler, hes not much of a fist fighter so I think the up and down smash don't match megaman at all. I know everyone has to have melee attacks for their smashes but both of those moves are from street fighter. And if they are from a fighting game, it doesn't really make him feel like megaman. Like now days in MMX8 he doesn't do any of that. But this is just my opinion, everyone has theirs.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Well i did say his Down Smash would be in two versions, which is the Ground Smash that he uses in X3.

As for Up smash, he uses those moves in X2, X4, and X5, except that in X5, its a wind-based attack. Yea its a street fighter move but Capcom added those on him. But if you feel it doesn't match X's identity, i could try thinking of something else that would be better than the Shoryuken.

I know that X isn't a fist-fighter much but when it comes to fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom, he will have some melee attacks or some sort of attacks from close. I don't want him to be a character who only has moves that fights from far. To me, that wouldn't be very fun to use. His A-Attacks are his true melee attacks.   

Just look how they made Megaman fight in MvC1 and 2, i use him many times. Megaman has only been in two fighting games that i know of.

I'm glad I brought that up then. A lot of megaman movesets just try to include a lot of his abilitis without looking how they would be together or any type of goal.
"You can plan all you want but it won't matter if there's no execution."
Team thread (Nemesis): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45472.0

Well do you like to the moveset im trying to do?

Since the other side smash wasn't a good idea, what do you think of Uncharged Magma Blade for Side Smash? (Or maybe without the Fire and excluding the fire projectiles, in this case a regular slash. Just look at my avatar for that).

Skip to 1:45 to see
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


OR Double Cyclone from X4 (except it only goes the way you are facing and extends out from the hands)
Something like this:


Or some other idea...

Don't focus on continuously making shot-based moves into melee moves.
It's probably going to feel cheap because that's what I think of when I see characters with a million different types of moves.
"You can plan all you want but it won't matter if there's no execution."
Team thread (Nemesis): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45472.0

Quote from: Element on May 19, 2012, 12:43:41 AM
Don't focus on continuously making shot-based moves into melee moves.
It's probably going to feel cheap because that's what I think of when I see characters with a million different types of moves.
Well there's not much you can do about that since most of X's weapons are projectiles. But he can still be balanced even if he's projectile happy.

Quote from: Element on May 19, 2012, 12:43:41 AM
Don't focus on continuously making shot-based moves into melee moves.
It's probably going to feel cheap because that's what I think of when I see characters with a million different types of moves.
Well X DOES have "million different types of moves", and Solar has a point.

If you want a shot-based move, theres the N-B and one of the moves for ground-Down B ;) (except Frost Tower)

Btw, i will start messing around with PSA when the new Brawlbox is out.

Hero i got yer X done, Jiggy's too since he seemed to want it the same way. my bad it took awhile. i got the hang of bone adding and what-not so i Lvled up a bit. i could send it to you guys so you could take a look before deeming it worthy

the thing i dont know how to do though is how to fix the HipN's default translation WITHOUT making it lose it's translations in samus's animation frames from her motion file (FitSamusMotionEtc.pac). i basically followed this tutorial for the translation fixing. yuuup.. do you dudes know how to a fix default translation without "erasing" translations in animations? (not sure how to explain it..)

about having his saber, maybe we could replace Zero's saber into where samus's separate arm cannon is, in the .pac file. would that work, PSA-wise?

I'm surprised I am just noticing this moveset...
I like how it's going so far but I feel like if most of X's B moves are things like his more armor upgrade associated moves, then his down B should as well.
I personally thought using the Z-sabor like in X6 would be an optimal Idea, a slow  but powerful attack. Then have nova strike for side B, have X's Up dash for an up (Maybe adding the ability to hover for a short time after.) and then the buster for B.
That then frees up spots for maverick acquired attacks form smashes and tilts.

Quote from: ramonM64 on May 19, 2012, 02:23:06 AM
Hero i got yer X done, Jiggy's too since he seemed to want it the same way. my bad it took awhile. i got the hang of bone adding and what-not though so i Lvled up a bit. i could send it to you guys so you could take a look before deeming it worthy

the thing i dont know how to do though is how to fix the HipN's default translation WITHOUT making it lose it's translations in samus's animation frames from her motion file (FitSamusMotionEtc.pac). i basically followed this tutorial for the translation fixing. yuuup.. do you dudes know how to a fix default translation without "erasing" translations in animations? (not sure how to explain it..)

about having his saber, maybe we could replace Zero's saber into where samus's separate arm cannon is, in the .pac file. would that work?

Its alright if it took too long. You always have your models in perfect rig anyways :P. Send it when you can.

As for the HipN issue, i dont know how to fix that since i don't know much about fixing things in models.

For Zero's Saber thing, You mean to replace the cannon that appears in Samus's final smash and the Taunts? That could work.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on May 19, 2012, 02:35:29 AM
I'm surprised I am just noticing this moveset...
I like how it's going so far but I feel like if most of X's B moves are things like his more armor upgrade associated moves, then his down B should as well.
I personally thought using the Z-sabor like in X6 would be an optimal Idea, a slow  but powerful attack. Then have nova strike for side B, have X's Up dash for an up (Maybe adding the ability to hover for a short time after.) and then the buster for B.
That then frees up spots for maverick acquired attacks form smashes and tilts.
Im glad you like it.

If there was a custom model for X's upgraded armor from any of the X games (not X7 or X8), i would have changed a few things around. It was going to be for his Final Smash, it can be:

- He transforms to his upgraded armor and you are able to stay with it until you die, but his attacks wont be over-powered.

Or

- He transforms to his upgraded armor and would work just like Eldirans Zero but longer duration.

The hovering sounds like a good idea. Maybe holding Jump button in the first and/or 2nd Jump will make you hover and move left and right for a short time and be able to use his buster.

Thanks for that suggestion.

Don't focus on continuously making shot-based moves into melee moves.
It's probably going to feel cheap because that's what I think of when I see characters with a million different types of moves.
"You can plan all you want but it won't matter if there's no execution."
Team thread (Nemesis): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45472.0

Quote from: -Hero- on May 19, 2012, 02:51:44 AM
Its alright if it took too long. You always have your models in perfect rig anyways :P. Send it when you can.

As for the HipN issue, i dont know how to fix that since i don't know much about fixing things in models.

For Zero's Saber thing, You mean to replace the cannon that appears in Samus's final smash and the Taunts? That could work.
you're too kind Hero

the HipN issue has to do with issues in the actual animation file itself, not from the model's bones. for example, after doing that translation fix thing, he would stay in place instead of the HipN translations going up, down, and rotating like how the animation should. although it wouldnt matter much since yer editing the animations. the motion file in the link i sent has the HipN translation untouched (till i know how to fix it properly)

yeh    i checked it earlier today, it has a bunch of bones. we could use them to make the sword bend like it would in the X games
Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on May 19, 2012, 02:35:29 AM
I'm surprised I am just noticing this moveset...
I like how it's going so far but I feel like if most of X's B moves are things like his more armor upgrade associated moves, then his down B should as well.
I personally thought using the Z-sabor like in X6 would be an optimal Idea, a slow  but powerful attack. Then have nova strike for side B, have X's Up dash for an up (Maybe adding the ability to hover for a short time after.) and then the buster for B.
That then frees up spots for maverick acquired attacks form smashes and tilts.
Quote from: -Hero- on May 19, 2012, 02:51:44 AM
The hovering sounds like a good idea. Maybe holding Jump button in the first and/or 2nd Jump will make you hover and move left and right for a short time and be able to use his buster.

Thanks for that suggestion.
-nods in agreement-

yes, a hovering skill would be sweeet. being able to shoot the x buster while hovering would be "gonna pass out" worthy. make it happen, Hero

Those animations, me gusta
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is it hard to work with bones? Would I have problems with bones if I animate a character with their original model?

and is the megabuster chargable on multiple levels?
"You can plan all you want but it won't matter if there's no execution."
Team thread (Nemesis): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45472.0

Hey, just got the X model with the rig, very nice rig  :) but there are a few more things needed and removed

for adding, there part here
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


and as for the removable bones, just the unused ones from Samus

also
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.