WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I also love the rig done on Midna :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Someone mind telling me how you make animations look that smooth?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Thanks guys  ;D

Quote from: Velen on October 15, 2012, 09:22:15 PM
Someone mind telling me how you make animations look that smooth?

Don't rush when making animations. Make sure you know what the animation should look like before starting. Move the body, rotate the head, arms, legs etc. to make the character more alive! Also small details like feet, eye, mouth movements etc. really gives an extra bonus in the end.

Quote from: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 06:38:42 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I love it when noobs er... *ahem* newbies, come in and already have something amazing to show off.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Yeah *sage nod*
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Malfioz on October 15, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
Thanks guys  ;D

Don't rush when making animations. Make sure you know what the animation should look like before starting. Move the body, rotate the head, arms, legs etc. to make the character more alive! Also small details like feet, eye, mouth movements etc. really gives an extra bonus in the end.

How long have you been animating sir.  I'm curious because this is excellent.

I just found this thread... I might as well use it...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 16, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
How long have you been animating sir.  I'm curious because this is excellent.

Yeah... they really are. You must have taken a nice amount of time to do those animations. Me personally I don't feel the need to produce quality THAT high (once you're at a certain level of skill for artistic like things, its not a matter of skill but how much time you take making it and putting that skill to use on a certain project) since I'm not getting paid for this, but those animations were masterfully done sir...

Also, no animation is useless... it could totally be a taunt or a wait or something. If you need a model changer, the newest brawlbox can add them into psa
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I decided not to make a tutorial on my transformations but I will include a quick little info post for those who are curious as to my method on how I achieve the transformation effect:

Here's a GIF of War's Up Smash Obliterate:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The transformation works on the principle that War disappears in frames 15-43 (the ones where he appears to grow) via VIS0 file making the polygons invisible.  At the beginning of the attack an article is spawned with Chaos Form in it and it's rigged to the same bones as War is (Ike's Boneset), and it performs the exact same animation simultaneously except it is only visible in frames 15-43.  This gives War the effect of shapeshifting and since, even though the polygons are invisible, War's bones are still there (In line with those of Chaos Form) I can attach hitboxes to his bones and they'll correspond to the actions that Chaos Form makes, because they are, in essence, making the same movements.

Hope this clears a bit of confusion up about my earlier theory, will update this post with a GIF of Chaos Form's animation to solidify the concept and a youtube video of the in-game effect to prove it.
-Omni

October 17, 2012, 09:34:28 AM #354 Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:38:23 AM by Malfioz
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 16, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
How long have you been animating sir.  I'm curious because this is excellent.
Quote from: Kagemaru on October 17, 2012, 01:41:25 AM
Yeah... they really are. You must have taken a nice amount of time to do those animations. Me personally I don't feel the need to produce quality THAT high (once you're at a certain level of skill for artistic like things, its not a matter of skill but how much time you take making it and putting that skill to use on a certain project) since I'm not getting paid for this, but those animations were masterfully done sir...

Also, no animation is useless... it could totally be a taunt or a wait or something. If you need a model changer, the newest brawlbox can add them into psa
Thank you. :)
I think I've been animating since April. I want the animation to be similar to the original and it isn't actually that hard when seeing the animation frame by frame. It feels like I'm just ripping the animation to brawlbox.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I animate when I feel motivated. Sometimes I feel like it becomes more of a job, but then I just go and play some games, take a walk or make animations for other characters (hint), until I'm motivated enough to go back. The good thing is I don't have a deadline, I'm seeing this as something I only do in my spare time and don't have the need to rush.

Just for teh lulz
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Should she be levitating like here or be more like a spider and use her legs?

Which is exactly how its supposed to be. A hobby... cause none of use are paying bills with this stuff lol.

I know what you mean about it becoming a job... I feel the same way all the time which is why I do multiple projects at once... so that when I get tired of one, I can do another.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

why's she blueish, wasnt that form orange?
or does it have to do with color animation weird stuff?

Quote from: jokekid on October 17, 2012, 12:48:55 PM
why's she blueish, wasnt that form orange?
or does it have to do with color animation weird stuff?
The game shows her skin as bluish green, sometimes yellow/orange colour depending on the camera angle I guess.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 17, 2012, 07:34:00 PM #358 Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:35:10 PM by Aelia
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Making A Aqua Psa Over Marth I Hope You Guys Wanna See More Because I Gonna Make More

Quote from: Malfioz on October 17, 2012, 09:34:28 AM
Just for teh lulz
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Should she be levitating like here or be more like a spider and use her legs?

DAMMIT I LOVE YOU


I don't remember exactly how it moved in TP. I think it walked on its legs...? I only really remember the scene where it breaks the pyramid around Hyrule Castle. /: