Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-

Started by SonicBrawler, November 10, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?

Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi
Quote from: Nanobuds on March 30, 2013, 08:58:05 PM
Is the Sonic .rels you guys use generic, and can it work over any character? Or does it need to be edited?

For example, can I take the .rel from the Shadow over Dedede port, and put it over any other character without editing the .rel?

...no. it says dedede, so it only works for dedede >.>

just use the .rels from the perfect sonic port pack.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 31, 2013, 06:57:31 AM #331 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:58:24 AM by PhantomWings
Alright, it looks like the research on modules that began all those years ago has finally yielded some results.

This new line of modules which I've dubbed Plug&Play modules requires no codes for constants, no codes for A.I. controllers and no changes to sora_melee. These modules will work with or without the original character in the match. Moreover, customizing the module for each character slot is a matter of changing 3 values inside the file. Of course, you still need the actual moveset and motion files to go along with the module, but those files can be used as-is without any changes.

Right now, I've only created one of this kind of module: ft_Lucario.rel which me and SonicBrawler were working on - feel free to try it out. The changes needed turn turn it into a Lucario clone over any other character are documented in the .txt that's with the file.

ft_lucario Plug&Play v1.0.rel

I should note that the original bug where Lucario's Aura Sphere is not visible is still there. Also, if you load two Lucario characters and then unload one of them, it will unload Lucario's aura graphic effects along with it leaving the remaining one without any effects. Both of these bugs seem to be beyond the scope of the modules and are directly related to effect files and how they're indexed.

The module has been tested over Mario, Pit, Marth and Rob and performed consistently across the four of them, but it hasn't been tested on the entire roster.

One final note: while there was mention of using the Project M codes to aid in the development of a working Lucario clone, I have not taken the time to examine or reverse engineer the Project M codes. This module was a product of my own work.

will try this tomorow and im gonna try making the aura sphere appear and grow by doing so psa work xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 31, 2013, 11:21:21 AM #333 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:47:43 AM by SonicBrawler
Good to see ya PW. Glad you could finally get that rel to work :D i will be sure to test it out

EDIT: Works like a charm.

and to anyone who downloads the .rel would you please be kind to not upload it or anything to the vault
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I was playing around with the Plug and Play module; and tried it on ROB (as prior mentioned it worked on ROB) didn't want to try something new without knowing how to do it properly.

it actually works though with all the prior mentioned glitches still being there. but the idea of Plug and Play modules is a grand one; without the need of codes to make it work properly. this puts us one step closer to having Extra Characters/ and fully working clones
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating


finally getting closer to turning Brawl into a basic MUGEN interface I see :3
awesome work as always PW ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

The mighty PW returns with something awesome!
And best part, no codes required! :af:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Wait, I'm confused how it works. Do I basically rename the .rel or do I have to edit it in BB to work?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 31, 2013, 07:02:53 PM
Wait, I'm confused how it works. Do I basically rename the .rel or do I have to edit it in BB to work?
you have to edit some stuff in hxd

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 31, 2013, 07:02:53 PM
Wait, I'm confused how it works. Do I basically rename the .rel or do I have to edit it in BB to work?

It involves Hex editing.
really, seeing how this .REL is very, i mean very basic; i wouldn't suggest attempting it until it's either been refined; or if someone else has made the .rel.

and unfortunetely for me/i got work in 10 minutes and after work i got to head out of state for a few days. i'll still be on to post and whatnot.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Zapp Brannigan on March 09, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
well snake and gannon does work on rii i was using a micro sd for my brawl hacks and they did not work but  when i got a normal sd card they worked

Just looked back at this.

Any updates on these two?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


May anyone send me a link to a lucario rel over falco I can't use any hex editor cause i am stuck with a school computer.

Quote from: PhantomWings on March 31, 2013, 06:57:31 AM
Alright, it looks like the research on modules that began all those years ago has finally yielded some results.

This new line of modules which I've dubbed Plug&Play modules requires no codes for constants, no codes for A.I. controllers and no changes to sora_melee. These modules will work with or without the original character in the match. Moreover, customizing the module for each character slot is a matter of changing 3 values inside the file. Of course, you still need the actual moveset and motion files to go along with the module, but those files can be used as-is without any changes.

Right now, I've only created one of this kind of module: ft_Lucario.rel which me and SonicBrawler were working on - feel free to try it out. The changes needed turn turn it into a Lucario clone over any other character are documented in the .txt that's with the file.

ft_lucario Plug&Play v1.0.rel

I should note that the original bug where Lucario's Aura Sphere is not visible is still there. Also, if you load two Lucario characters and then unload one of them, it will unload Lucario's aura graphic effects along with it leaving the remaining one without any effects. Both of these bugs seem to be beyond the scope of the modules and are directly related to effect files and how they're indexed.

The module has been tested over Mario, Pit, Marth and Rob and performed consistently across the four of them, but it hasn't been tested on the entire roster.

One final note: while there was mention of using the Project M codes to aid in the development of a working Lucario clone, I have not taken the time to examine or reverse engineer the Project M codes. This module was a product of my own work.
extremly good work there PW! took a look into the module file and the new added lines.

but can you tell me, how work the new lines? did you have to relocation data somewhere to the new added lines or was it just insert the codes into the new sections?
because I wanna try to redo your work but to make them work on PAL version instead, can directly say that the NTCS will make PAL versions freeze D:
Stupid Tinypic :C