A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
February 12, 2015, 07:02:51 AM #930 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:44:39 PM by A Bloody Canadian
SSBB Shinda PSA Early Animation Test (New Model)

1st Preview Video! Credit to BRodz for being able to do this!

Damn, guess I was too slow lol. And that thing Gamidame did to the pack seems to have worked really well

PSN:Undead_Baan
My Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/DrunkenRussianGaming
Contains Hacks,Naruto Storm stuff, and other [censored]
Current projects being worked on:Smash 4 Cloud,Gintok Sakata,Shishio Makoto,Deidara,Kenpachi Remake,Ryuko Matoi, Grimmjow, Hollow Ichigo V2


yup, I am the first person who uses this thing over whole PSAs around here os I guess its something  innovative for a custom PSA
Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on February 12, 2015, 11:13:48 PM
shinda is looking fantastic so far. I love the model
thanks, I worked alot on it

welp watching that vid kinda depresses me, I really rigged the skirt very bad

February 13, 2015, 12:01:18 AM #934 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:02:13 AM by A Bloody Canadian
The skirt is actually the least of my concerns. Peach's normal model was just as limiting as to how much you can do before it goes all crazy. You have confirmed that 2 of the other alts will have skirts rigged to their legs cause of how short they are, so...

Ugh... Animating in Maya is such a pain right now cause the HumanIK rig... Not ideal.

Would anyone be willing to make a Maya Animation rig for me? It would make animating alot easier for me. I do have an example of what kind of rig I'm looking for if you're interested.

I dont know how to rig in Maya so I guess thats out ofmy possibilities

You're essentially adding Control Curves and IK/FK Handles that will be used to animate the models easier. I don't know how to properly do that yet, so I'm hoping somebody here does... You only did half of the work by rigging the bones to the model.




Managed to make a Custom Rig myself, and successfully baked it! I disliked using HumanIK, so this is better for me.

As a treat, here's something derpy I made to test out the rig, and have it work on BrawlBox.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'll add things on to the rig like Skirt, Hair and Fingers later. Just a test for now...

If anyone is interested I can make a Tutorial as to how to create Maya Animation Rigs, if you dislike Human IK.

I'm curious to know what's the difference between this and animating in BBox. Better control of interpolation?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 08, 2015, 05:34:26 PM #939 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:40:22 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Well, for one, it features IK Handles which allow one to move the hips without moving the feet. The legs will bend accordingly based on their positions. So animating Grounded Motions will be alot easier. Secondly, it features a graph editor which allows you to change how one Keyframe transitions to another. I'm pretty sure BB has one as well, but I recall it not being as in-depth as Maya's. You can also change keyframe values with it as well.

Biggest reason I'm a fan of HumanIK is bone pinning.

But hey. Whatever is the most comfortable for you is best.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 08, 2015, 05:56:18 PM #941 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:59:31 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Oh, don't get me wrong. My custom Maya rig still has IK Handles. But I just dislike how the feet are controlled by 2 controllers. I'm more used to working with feet controlled by one single controller. And how the toe bends will be based on some custom attributes I placed in it. Namely the Foot Roll and the Toe Tap.

The Foot Roll allows me to peel the heel off without the toe leaving the ground.

Toe Tap is essentially the same, except with the Toe peeling off without lifting the ball of the foot.

I also have other custom attributes that allow me to make heel and tip toe rotations along the X Axis, and Heel and Toe Rotations along the Y Axis. All of which are custom Attributes I can change in the Channel Box.

Having controls like this is less of a hassle for me, and it makes using the graph editor easier to manage.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 08, 2015, 12:22:40 AMAs a treat, here's something derpy I made to test out the rig, and have it work on BrawlBox.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Shinda? What are you doing?

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 08, 2015, 12:22:40 AMIf anyone is interested I can make a Tutorial as to how to create Maya Animation Rigs, if you dislike Human IK.
I am interested.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.