A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

That's because the people who are fine without it are posting, and the ones who aren't fine without it aren't posting.

But besides, I think it makes sense to just get the release out there and add the scn0 later if it decides to work. Have you tried asking BlackJax about the problem, yet?

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I made a Help Topic a while back. He actually replied, but it didn't go far...

I went to his BrawlBox thread today, and asked.

I tied it. lol The win animation is neat, but I'm cool without it. But I guess I can wait if I have to. ha ha.  :P

October 01, 2013, 01:48:25 AM #649 Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:43:05 AM by A Bloody Canadian
I think not including it in the package would be the smarter option. It'll take a while though cause I have to prepare preview videos.




So here we have it! Gunslinger Samus V1!


Feedback would be appreciated. But as of right now, I have other things to be working on!

44 Pages Dedicated to Gunslinger Samus...


I just watched the preview video for GSS v1.0 (haven't had time to try it yet), and from what I've seen I like the KB on the neutral special. Back Throw looks a little add, though.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on October 01, 2013, 01:48:25 AM
I think not including it in the package would be the smarter option. It'll take a while though cause I have to prepare preview videos.




So here we have it! Gunslinger Samus V1!


Feedback would be appreciated. But as of right now, I have other things to be working on!

44 Pages Dedicated to Gunslinger Samus...
Awesome! Looking forward to test her!!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Good Moveset, but the DownA in midair when using the submachine guns doesn't hit anyone, even if it's pointblank.

I might be doing some fixes to GSS soon. For I've been finding flaws that I missed... A V1.05 so to speak. The Jab doesn't fully connect... Also, I'll be posting a video doing a few GSS Tests and Combos.

I like what you've done with her. I often forget when you switch to Handgun mode the down aerial isn't the same lol. I keep getting screwed, but I'm getting used to it. Ha ha.  Kudos on having a Most Popular Hack reach the top. As of this post. :P

October 02, 2013, 02:46:41 PM #656 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:01:16 AM by A Bloody Canadian
SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus (V1) Combo Match and SFX Test

So, here's a video testing something...




Something I should get out of the way...

I feel like passing over the Shiki Misaki PSA over to someone else. To me, it just feels like copy and paste, and I'm not really sure where I'm going with the PSA. Contact me if anyone out there is interested in taking it off my hands. Be sure to collab me when it's out though for I have done alot of work on it already. I just feel more motivated to working on Blade Prince Marth for I have more solid ideas as to what I'm gonna do with it. I'll get some previews ready when I get the time to work on it.

Aw.. So I have to wait even longer than I expected for Shiki. :( I hope someone picks it up soon. I would if I could but I don't think I'm capable of PSA-ing. :P It looked awesome so far.

...Just did some testing. One thing: When I commented about her legs looking spidery when doing side tilt, I was referring to her back leg.

Other than that, the moves connect much more solidly and accurately than they did before. Final Smash also connects much better. Aerial Final Smash only deals 18%, but it's still a powerful KO move, and that's due to one of my own suggestions (namely, making grenades do the same amount of damage regardless). Also, it's easier to hit with.

I swear, when you said you were "nerfing" GSS, I was really worried. But overall, she doesn't actually feel nerfed. She may have less power on a few technical levels, but overall her attacks hit more precisely and with more "oomph" to them than they did before. Being able to actually use grabs is a big step up, as well.

Oh, and if we're talking about Blade Prince Marth, I actually had a Final Smash idea for him. Of course, you probably have your own already, but tell me if you'd like to hear it anyway.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

October 03, 2013, 05:31:22 AM #659 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:48:52 AM by A Bloody Canadian
I'm open for ideas. The question is, will they work...




I guess I should go over some Shiki progress to get anyone seeing this an idea as to how far along it's going...

Rough Animations and Hitboxes are done for the normal moves. Grabs if I can recall are unchanged, and Specials for the most part, are roughly animated, but not fully coded in PSA. The Mr.Mew Article won't be called yet for I was saving that part when I do the BrawlBox work. I planned on having it attached to the TransN bone. I also have most of Mr.Mew's Animations roughly finished, and I must say, there is quite a few. Her float still exists, so that is something to be taken care of as well. Last thing I should mention are the External GFX Already in the PAC File. Those include Slash effects from TWEWY taken from actual TWEWY Sprites, and ESP Cards used for her Side Special which I have already coded, but is not working properly.