Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 286402 times)
Calypso
Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #765 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:55 PM »

No, indeed I haven't played it yet. I haven't had much time for Smash Bros. at all, thanks to college beating the metaphorical crap out of me.

Same here except my job has been keeping me away from brawl.

Edit: Alrighty now I've played as Shinda, the changes are cool, the nice thing is with this one and the old one is they both feel unique and play a differently despite that only a few moves were changed.

Out of the two I like the paper using Shinda the most, she just feels more unique to me using paper.
Not to take anything away from the new version of her PSA, her new attacks very nice.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:08:55 AM by Calypso » Logged

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
« Reply #766 on: November 11, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »

I'm enjoying the update man. Great job!

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #767 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »

Edit: Alrighty now I've played as Shinda, the changes are cool, the nice thing is with this one and the old one is they both feel unique and play a differently despite that only a few moves were changed.

Out of the two I like the paper using Shinda the most, she just feels more unique to me using paper.
    Not to take anything away from the new version of her PSA, her new attacks very nice.

To be quite Honest really the changes that were made to Shinda when she used to do the papers was that they both got a range Boost, and the Up Smash is faster, and lasts for a shorter time. They still do the same amount of damage roughly, and they can still be used the same way as before.

SnatoWhato
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #768 on: November 14, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »

Hey! Did somebody take Shiki off your hands? I'd like to keep an eye on it's progress.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #769 on: November 14, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »

This person said he'd do something about it.

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #770 on: November 14, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »

I haven't done anything to Shiki yet, but from what I can tell she looks like an very difficult to do PSA. I'll take better look when I start learning how to animate. I'm think I'm going to try to make or help make a different PSA first in order to get my skills (or lack of skills) up.

SnatoWhato
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #771 on: November 16, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »

Awesome. Smiley It's just nice to know that someone picked it up and it may be released at some point in the future. Neku and Shiki are two characters I'd love to have in Smash Bros. Smiley

Thanks guys.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #772 on: November 17, 2013, 11:39:50 PM »

I may have mentioned this already, but I've been wanting to do a Luck Based Character using Cards and Dice to determine an attacks effect. I've gotten more used to using variables ever since I made GSS, and I want to use this knowledge to make a Luck based PSA. My problem is which character would this be over. I've had ideas for Lucas and Snake, but I dunno...

I just wanted to say this cause it's been distracting me.

Blade Prince Marth? Oh, I dunno how he's doing. I sure wasn't working on him for the past few weeks.

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

May the Triforce be with you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #773 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »

Sorry to bother you but I have a question regarding Gunslinger Samus I put all the files in and the Motionect.pac file inside my Common.pac and such but when playing as her for reason I do the neutral A she T poses am I supposed to do the stuff with the BRRES files as well to get the other gun in her left hand because it appears like the whip part of the paralyzer appears in her left hand and that is what problem I am experiencing along with the T pose anyway I thank you for your time regarding this topic.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #774 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:43 PM »

Sorry to bother you but I have a question regarding Gunslinger Samus I put all the files in and the Motionect.pac file inside my Common.pac and such but when playing as her for reason I do the neutral A she T poses am I supposed to do the stuff with the BRRES files as well to get the other gun in her left hand because it appears like the whip part of the paralyzer appears in her left hand and that is what problem I am experiencing along with the T pose anyway I thank you for your time regarding this topic.
    I'll help you quickly with this :
    Add the things from the BRRES in ALL the ZSS costumes you have... And remove ALL the useless animations...

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

5una~
    Hyper Kitten

May the Triforce be with you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #775 on: November 18, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

Oops my mistake it was the b attacks

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #776 on: November 18, 2013, 04:10:08 PM »

Seems like the motion file isn't being read... If the 2nd gun is still a whip, then it's not being read. I've heard of cases where the common.pac file wouldn't be read with Riivolution, so you might wanna ask the people that managed to get it to work. I think the problem lies in Riivolution, and not your file setup. As a Gecko person, I can only leave you with that.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #777 on: November 18, 2013, 05:48:22 PM »

common.pac needs to be renamed common_en.pac for Riivo. Same with all the other common#.pac files, they need to have _en added after the number.

As for updated Shinda, the camera is a little too close up for most of her Final Smash, especially the final hit where it's impossible to see the falling box through the slow-motion slashing effects, as well as the gunshot immediately before it where she appears to shoot the camera as her opponent isn't visible due to how close the camera is. May I recommend a bit of an angle so that her opponent can at least be seen?

Aerial FS is also the one time where you want her to NOT conserve momentum when it ends, as that bit of forward momentum that remains when she goes helpless has resulted in numerous Self Destructs. Also, one time an opponent managed to escape the Final Smash somehow, not sure what happened there but I blame Dark Lord Ganon's overpowered backward dodge, and managed to hit me immediately before the camera reverted, resulting in the camera continuing to follow her until she was KO'd. I imagine that that could probably cause a crash if another camera event (from another Final Smash, for example) were triggered before she were KO'd.

And it's annoyingly easy for foes to dodge that initial upward scythe slash in midair. Does it only happen if the initial dummy hitbox connects, or is it also caused by me pressing a button during the initial dash? If it is legitimately from her reaching her target and then them falling out of range, might I recommend adding a small amount of damage to the dash hitbox, as if she were shoulder-tackling the foe? That should hopefully make it harder to dodge.

Also, why does a crate falling on the foe and exploding only deal about 3%? Maybe nerf the damage done by some other part of the move to justify increasing the damage dealt by the crate. Consider that an actual exploding crate actually deals 20%+, 3% is fairly pathetic by comparison. I personally think it ought to do at least 10% by itself.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Calypso
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #778 on: November 18, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »

I may have mentioned this already, but I've been wanting to do a Luck Based Character using Cards and Dice to determine an attacks effect. I've gotten more used to using variables ever since I made GSS, and I want to use this knowledge to make a Luck based PSA. My problem is which character would this be over. I've had ideas for Lucas and Snake, but I dunno...

I just wanted to say this cause it's been distracting me.

Blade Prince Marth? Oh, I dunno how he's doing. I sure wasn't working on him for the past few weeks.

A luck based character who uses cards that sounds a lot like Luxord from Kingdom Hearts 2 watching a video of him in action will give you many different attack ideas. Also see Spider from Megaman X command mission as he uses cards too but it may be hard to find a video with all his attacks.

For the characters he should be over I really think you should use Ike here's why, 1 Ike's sword can be turned into the card/cards you need and can be positioned nearly anywhere around Ike for mutable attack locations (a good example is the Naruto PSA).

Two Ike can be easily ported to anyone or you can port your Bug Ike PSA to someone.

Three the cape bones can be used to hold/control more cards or perhaps used for dice or another gambling themed weapon.

Speaking of a cape I have a similar type idea for what the original character could look like. My thought is the character is clocked by a large cape the he holds closed with one hand raised high, his other hand hidden behind the cloak, when you use an attack he moves his hand out from behind the cloak holding a card or dice (depending on the attack chosen) out in front of him giving the opponent only that split second the type of attack is revealed to react.

He would do so similar animations for a couple attacks until he has the attack out in plan sight this would keep the player (possibly both players with some of the more random attacks) guessing what's coming until the moment of the strike. Also since the gambler as I'll call him is reaching for cards hidden behind his cloak he can't see them until he's drawn the cards out and by then he must play his hand for with the enemy coming its to late to try and draw again.

For some attack I would make them chargeable not in terms of power but luck, the longer you charge the attack the better the chance of drawing a good hand and devastating the enemy player.

For the final smash I might have a good idea time slows heavily and the camera goes into first person as if looking out of the gamblers eyes he then hold up 5 cards in front of his face the types of cards determine the strength of the attack. If you hit nothing he will play this hand, if your cards are crappy or you want to try your luck for a better hand hit B and he will drop these cards and draw 5 more then he will play these no matter what. So you have to chose play an ok hand or risk getting a worse hand in hopes of getting a better hand. (note you don't need to make 5 different kinds of cards you can just mix and match a with 2 or 3 cards to form a total of 5.
    This would be only the start of the final smash getting the cards would either determine how much damage the FS would do or how many attacks the final smash does like a low card score ends the FS very early, a medium score does a good number of hits, but a high score does the entire FS. Either way I think if you got the highest possible score that the attack should be lethal (like 300% damage) but the odds of getting a perfect hand are extremely low. If your looking for names the FS could be called Ace in the Hole, or Last Gambit, or Final Draw.

I'm just trying to help yah out with some ideas you may like some of my ideas or none of them, but I'm not trying to tell you how to do your PSAs. Anyways good luck.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:14:51 PM by Calypso » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #779 on: November 18, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

As for updated Shinda, the camera is a little too close up for most of her Final Smash, especially the final hit where it's impossible to see the falling box through the slow-motion slashing effects, as well as the gunshot immediately before it where she appears to shoot the camera as her opponent isn't visible due to how close the camera is. May I recommend a bit of an angle so that her opponent can at least be seen?

Camera Shots are a thing I'm getting rusty with I will admit that. The Camera shot when the box falls however is supposed to be that close. Blame the Prolonged GFX for the obstructed view. I dunno how to fix that.

And it's annoyingly easy for foes to dodge that initial upward scythe slash in midair. Does it only happen if the initial dummy hitbox connects, or is it also caused by me pressing a button during the initial dash? If it is legitimately from her reaching her target and then them falling out of range, might I recommend adding a small amount of damage to the dash hitbox, as if she were shoulder-tackling the foe? That should hopefully make it harder to dodge.

I wanted the Final Smash to work similarly to Marth's. Where there are 2 Animations for the Attack Missing, and the Opponent Dodging it. I can make it easier to hit if I were to make a next update.

Also, why does a crate falling on the foe and exploding only deal about 3%? Maybe nerf the damage done by some other part of the move to justify increasing the damage dealt by the crate. Consider that an actual exploding crate actually deals 20%+, 3% is fairly pathetic by comparison. I personally think it ought to do at least 10% by itself.

Complaining about that of all things... lol.

I guess it's not a big Issue, but I could fix that by increasing the Crate Damage and decreasing everything else.

A luck based character who uses cards that sounds a lot like Luxord from Kingdom Hearts 2 watching a video of him in action will give you many different attack ideas. Also see Spider from Megaman X command mission as he uses cards too but it may be hard to find a video with all his attacks.

For the characters he should be over I really think you should use Ike here's why, 1 Ike's sword can be turned into the card/cards you need and can be positioned nearly anywhere around Ike for mutable attack locations (a good example is the Naruto PSA).

Two Ike can be easily ported to anyone or you can port your Bug Ike PSA to someone.

Three the cape bones can be used to hold/control more cards or perhaps used for dice or another gambling themed weapon.

Speaking of a cape I have a similar type idea for what the original character could look like. My thought is the character is clocked by a large cape the he holds closed with one hand raised high, his other hand hidden behind the cloak, when you use an attack he moves his hand out from behind the cloak holding a card or dice (depending on the attack chosen) out in front of him giving the opponent only that split second the type of attack is revealed to react.

He would do so similar animations for a couple attacks until he has the attack out in plan sight this would keep the player (possibly both players with some of the more random attacks) guessing what's coming until the moment of the strike. Also since the gambler as I'll call him is reaching for cards hidden behind his cloak he can't see them until he's drawn the cards out and by then he must play his hand for with the enemy coming its to late to try and draw again.

For some attack I would make them chargeable not in terms of power but luck, the longer you charge the attack the better the chance of drawing a good hand and devastating the enemy player.

For the final smash I might have a good idea time slows heavily and the camera goes into first person as if looking out of the gamblers eyes he then hold up 5 cards in front of his face the types of cards determine the strength of the attack. If you hit nothing he will play this hand, if your cards are crappy or you want to try your luck for a better hand hit B and he will drop these cards and draw 5 more then he will play these no matter what. So you have to chose play an ok hand or risk getting a worse hand in hopes of getting a better hand. (note you don't need to make 5 different kinds of cards you can just mix and match a with 2 or 3 cards to form a total of 5.
    This would be only the start of the final smash getting the cards would either determine how much damage the FS would do or how many attacks the final smash does like a low card score ends the FS very early, a medium score does a good number of hits, but a high score does the entire FS. Either way I think if you got the highest possible score that the attack should be lethal (like 300% damage) but the odds of getting a perfect hand are extremely low. If your looking for names the FS could be called Ace in the Hole, or Last Gambit, or Final Draw.

I'm just trying to help yah out with some ideas you may like some of my ideas or none of them, but I'm not trying to tell you how to do your PSAs. Anyways good luck.

I'm not aiming for a Gambler Type of Character. I'm aiming for a Luck-Based Character... lol. I don't want the character literally using Cards and Dice to Attack. They just determine the effects of the attack he'll do.

Pages:  1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: