Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)

Started by TheDevicer, January 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Led-Zeppelin on February 05, 2013, 05:31:46 AM
When all of the Minty-Mars-Marine projects are done, will they come with the Normal CSP and the SJS CSP?
Yes they will.

Quote from: Shwag on February 07, 2013, 05:54:23 AM
These are really awesome.  I've implemented nearly all of the skins and CSPs.  Just want to give credit where it's due, and thank you guys for all your work.

Things I've noticed from use:  MarsIvy breaks the game (May just be because there's no Zard with it yet, but Squirtle works fine.)
Single player or or multiplayer?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on February 07, 2013, 07:21:23 PM
Single player or or multiplayer?

Multiplayer.  I haven't tested single player.

Minty/Maritime for all the changing characters(Squirt/Ivy/Zard/Sheik/Zelda/Samus/ZSS) work perfectly.

Just wanted to pop in and say how awesome it is that you guys are doing this. Sooner or later I'll be able to have a uniform RGB for everyone, as those are the colors I try to keep intact when choosing textures. Any other color I usually just go "close enough" but being picky about RGB, this really helps! Thanks!

Wow I feel like I haven't been here in forever, and yet it's only been like a month lol.

And thank you for your feedback, guys.

So do you guys have palettes for these textures, or do you just kinda click around the colour-map in PS? I want to make some of these but I'd like to do it right the first time.

February 11, 2013, 04:55:37 AM #110 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:00:54 AM by Shun_One
Quote from: Moblin on February 11, 2013, 04:48:55 AM
So do you guys have palettes for these textures, or do you just kinda click around the colour-map in PS? I want to make some of these but I'd like to do it right the first time.
For each team color, we picked a general theme and went with colors for each.

Minty = Mint greens and whites primarily
Maritime = Ocean blues and whites (and yellow)
Mars = Balance of white, black, and orangish red. There was a palette somewhere, but I don't remember where we posted it.

Also, to anyone watching, the in progress list is out-dated. As of now, these are the remaining textures that need to be done for us to wrap this thing up.

Quote from: Apples
Let's see, we're missing:
Maritime Wolf
Mars Wolf
Mars Link
Mars Falco
Mars Diddy
Mars Lucario
Mars Charizard
Mars Zelda
Mars Sheik
Mars Ice Climbers
Mars Kirby*
Mars ROB
Mars Sonic
Mars Snake*
Mars Pikachu*
Mars Game and Watch* (I made one, but never shared him at all.)

* indiactes someones working on it.

Normally, what we each do is come up with an idea, then pots a preview in the thread. Everyone helping out will post feed-back to help it fit the theme more until you get something you and a few others like.

Keep in mind, you are free to go back and make your own variation of any past texture as well.

EDIT: I should add, from all the work we've done up until now we rarely ever got a texture just right on first try.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on February 11, 2013, 04:55:37 AM
Mars = Balance of white, black, and orangish red. There was a palette somewhere, but I don't remember where we posted it.
Yeah this is what I was looking for. I saw it in the old Mars thread on Smods.

I guess I'll just wing it then lol

Quote from: Moblin on February 11, 2013, 05:08:53 AM
Yeah this is what I was looking for. I saw it in the old Mars thread on Smods.

I guess I'll just wing it then lol

I found it.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I'd finished Pikachu, but I guess it got overlooked. Here's the post with all the stuff.



This is Kirby. Just threw it together during my spare at school (still on it!). Made the feet Licorice, the skin Fire Brick, and I attempted a Yellow-Vanilla for the eyes. The other two palettes I could put together is Flame skin/Fire Brick feet, or a Carbon style. I don't have the most time while I'm at school so I only did the one.

I really dig that Kirby. Works really well, IMO.

Quote from: Badge on February 11, 2013, 09:07:30 AM
I'd finished Pikachu, but I guess it got overlooked. Here's the post with all the stuff.
I suck. My bad man, I'm not even sure how I missed that one.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Probably a dumb question, but all when of this is said and done, each texture will be Wi-Fi safe, right?

@Shun_One Thanks. I am unable to get ingame screenshots currently, and I think he would look better when you put him in the game. His eyes seem a little pixelated on the edges for some reason :S

@Zacheart Yes, they will all be wi-fi safe. Textures only change what pictures get laid over the models, it doesn't change the model or any bones/hitboxes.

Try giving Kirby dark brown feet instead of black.