Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)

Started by TheDevicer, January 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 05, 2013, 07:05:07 PM #495 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:56:59 PM by Critical Hit
I think that only the following textures should have alts. included in the pack
Minty:
Samus
Sonic
Ness
Pikachu
Game and Watch

Maritime:
Bowser
Ike
Game and Watch
Pikachu

Mars:
Falco
Ike
Sonic

I think that these alts. have enough differences to be in the pack
(or you could make an alt pack)

I actually hadn't expected any discussion on my comment. I was really just reflecting on what we had done and thinking on some of the things we shouldn't have done. Hind-sight is 20/20 they say.

That said,  this project is all but finished now and it is what it is. I doubt my saying this will change anything (and I'm not too concerned on if it does or not). I'm proud of what we did, but I like to heavily reflect on what we did and what we could have done better. The alts situation, is one of them.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

As a big fan of the UTCP, I personally think that the alts  should all stay, but I don't mind them being in a separate pack, as long as they're in a pack period.

(spent hours tryin to DL these the first time. :srs:)

It would probably be a good idea to include the alternates as well, but in a separate folder in the main pack labeled "alternates". More work, but less frustration in the end.

I agree that they need to be included in some fashion; some of my favorite textures, particularly Maritimes, are alts.

That's pretty much how I organized them. All the alternates were kept in a separate folder. The main textures were put in each characters' respective fighter folder.

Btw I don't have the space to store a full download anywhere so although I said I'd assemble it, I jumped the gun on that and I can't actually follow through with it. My bad.

Still though I'd wait on it until we've done all the vBrawl portraits for all 3 team colors. If we can get a list of the missing portraits and a few people who can split up the work and get them done, that'd be cool.

With all these talks about alts. Would it be out of line for me to make Melee Ganon variants of these colors?


Quote from: Kramerdorf on September 14, 2013, 09:18:54 PM
With all these talks about alts. Would it be out of line for me to make Melee Ganon variants of these colors?
Not out of line at all. When I speak of alts, I mean how we have two Maritime & Mars Ike's, as opposed to just one. Not like with Marth who has an Awakening version and a Brawl version.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Dibs on Minty/Maritime/Mars Roy. That is all.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM


If PMBR reveals Mewtwo, I'll do his recolors.

Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 18, 2013, 06:53:13 PM

Okay, okay. I really only want to do Mars Roy, so if anyone wants the other.two, have at you.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Nah it's fine, lol. I know how much of a FE junkie you are anyway. Plus knowing you, I know you absolutely must get your hands on that model. You can take all 3 Roys man, don't sweat it.

I'll do the other 2 Roy colors if that's okay. I'd like to try and take a swing at this.